Here in Ohio we have Dewine. he is not great but he did a better job then a lot of GOP govs handling Covid.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    If Youngkin wins, Virginia is screwed.
    Yes but I don't think it is all doom and gloom for VA.

Their lower chamber might flip but the upper is safe for 4-5 more years.

They traditionally vote for the opposite party of the current POTUS, with McAuliffe being the streak breaker.

Not sure if they're a good barometer for 2022 or not given those factors.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I like to think I am an open minded guy. So if any member of the GOP can prove there is indeed a deep state conspiracy theory I will treat them to lunch.

They have their choice of 2 places. One is this great pizza place in Washington DC that my friend Bill Clinton told me about. But since I hear that is mostly a democrat hangout maybe we could go to the Illuminati Cafe. That place is a little more tricky. To read the menu you have to decode secret messages that were printed by free masons in 1776.
    There are lunatics who think John F Kennedy Jr will reveal that Donald Trump is really president, so there's no point to discussing their views of the deep state. Those guys are kinda nuts.

The strongest version of the argument would be that there are bureaucrats who look after their interests and sometimes fail to do their expected job. They will slowwalk policies they disagree with, and obstruct in other ways. There is no grand conspiracy here. An equivalent could be the understanding that the police need to be reformed in various ways, without believing in some grand conspiracy giving directives from the top down that would explain various problems.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

WV has had Jim Justice who for most part went with lockdown and mask mandates when needed. He also didn't force schools to not wear masks etc. Basically as a Republican he led the state very well. Covid sadly rose the last few months here badly but he's not been a DeSantos and has pushed people to vaccinate. (he has a lotto system which people have mocked online to push vaccination)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The same could be said for most states with Republican Governors. With a few exceptions. Look what would happen to Jersey with Ciarelli.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Don't Scare me like that. No, no way will that happen. Murphy will win, he has to or NJ will be in worse shape than nt was with Christie.
    Jack C. is a full blown Trumper who’s on record having parroted the Orange One’s talking point about how children were immune to the virus, so rational thinking New Jerseyeans like Tami have to hope and pray Murphy wins tonight.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

In the "Most Important, Least Talked About" News section today we have redistricting.

Change from old maps: +7 Democratic-leaning seats, +1 Republican-leaning seat, -5 highly competitive seats as of today now.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

The funniest deal is conservative folks on my FB going ..."If Youngkin wins...its fair. If he loses , he's been cheated !" Like ...what a bunch of sad Trumpsters not wanting to face reality as usual.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Polling locations in New Jersey will close at 8PM after a judge denied request to extend voting hours via ACLU.

So far, Murphy has a 49K vs. 25K lead (66%) in early voters.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The funniest deal is conservative folks on my FB going ..."If Youngkin wins...its fair. If he loses , he's been cheated !" Like ...what a bunch of sad Trumpsters not wanting to face reality as usual.
    Ikr, typical

Yea my aunt is already talking about how it will be stolen from Youngkin if he loses at this point with being up so high.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Yea my aunt is already talking about how it will be stolen from Youngkin if he loses at this point with being up so high.
    Exit polls say it will be close.

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    Ikr, typical
    A lot of them are raging because the orange God told them voting by mail was wrong. Its one of those deals where Youngkin is leading right now but they are pissed he may lose and can't handle it.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

A lot of them are raging because the orange God told them voting by mail was wrong. Its one of those deals where Youngkin is leading right now but they are pissed he may lose and can't handle it.
    Those idiots DO know that Trump voted by mail, don’t they?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    SSSSShhhhhhh ... It's okay if THEY do it.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    SSSSShhhhhhh ... It's okay if THEY do it.
    Yep...when Republicans vote by mail or win....everything is ok. When Democrats do it....NOPE.