Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    The joys of a two party system

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Better to lose one and get a clue than to wind up losing an entire Congress because you were clueless.
    "Winning isn't everything. It's the only thing." As the saying goes.

Making a morality play out of an election defeat is easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Better to lose one and get a clue than to wind up losing an entire Congress because you were clueless.
    I wonder if the outcome would be different if progressive Democrats hadn't delayed passage of the infrastructure bill they supported on the merits.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I wonder if the outcome would be different if progressive Democrats hadn't delayed passage of the infrastructure bill they supported on the merits.
    Or if Manchin and Sinema hadn't decided to wreck stuff and slash the bill in the final weeks leading up to the elections.

I tend to think not.

First off, anything that would come of it would probably be in it's infancy.

Second...

I caught a quick bit on MSNBC. It was the lady in a minority couple saying she couldn't see ever voting again because nothing changed.

Even some legitimate police reform?

Nada.

I think that you have to be reasonable about that you promised big, and have yet to even deliver small.

That is a tough elevator pitch when you finally need votes again.

Is that the lie the Right is telling now? It was two conservative Dem Senators.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Not really.

While I don't like it, progressives sticking to their guns after already having thrown in the towel on some important things comes with a downside.

You always have to be ready to take the blame when nothing got done because you were making the best out of a bad situation.

BANNED

If McAuliffe won the message would be twisted as another cudgel on the progressives some other way i.e. voters don't care enough about infrastructure to punish elected officials so they can pass a small bill and not drag things on and so forth.

That is the big GOP talking point. I get that a couple of Dems are fighting it. But the GOp is all on the talking point of "It is there fault. Im sure it would have passed by now if not for them." They are fine with letting people think they would vote for it and it would pass as long as they are not the ones holding it up.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    If McAuliffe won the message would be twisted as another cudgel on the progressives some other way i.e. voters don't care enough about infrastructure to punish elected officials so they can pass a small bill and not drag things on and so forth.
    The GOP would be going batshit crazy on voter fraud and unsafe elections.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

And it looks like Jack C took the lead in New Jersey. Sorry Tami. Hope it done hold up.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    And it looks like Jack C took the lead in New Jersey. Sorry Tami. Hope it done hold up.
    Absentee ballots get counted late.

It's like we just made the order in which the vote is counted set to make Democrats have panic attacks while watching Steve Karnacki the early returns.

This is starting to mirror 12 months ago.

And while I think Youngkin is gonna hang on... now that they're counting mail-in votes in Virgnia, his 200K lead has shrunk by half in the past few minutes. You can see the camera with his supporters going from rabidly excited to nervous.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

It's like we just made the order in which the vote is counted set to make Democrats have panic attacks while watching Steve Karnacki the early returns.

And while I think Youngkin is gonna hang on... now that they're counting mail-in votes in Virgnia, his 200K lead has shrunk by half in the past few minutes. You can see the camera with his supporters going from rabidly excited to nervous.
    Yep. I know about how the GOP is handling the lead being cut so bad. my aunt is spitting nails!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

Let's hope for Spirit of Fall 2020 (the happy period between the week-long election and January 06, the last time folks were generally happy in America).

Nope. The infrastructure bill had the votes. It could've passed as a standalone bill.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets