BANNED

I'd imagine the average voter of color doesn't know, care, or think much about Critical Race Theory. The discriminatory suppression laws should be enough, and perhaps in the midterms it will be. Whether it's enough to counter the impact of the laws themselves we'll have to wait and see. But as has been said by a few posters on this board you can't keep promising results and coming up with new (or worse, the same) excuses as to why you're not achieving them. Even if those excuses are valid. The reality of Trump was enough last time, but he's not running in the midterms. I hope I'm wrong, but I feel like '22 is not going to be Dems year and depending on how things go and what shape Biden's in come '24 it might not be good then either. Mind you, I'm an eternal pessimist.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think the things that hit people in their bank account probably was a big problem for Biden. I've seen bumper stickers on gas pumps with a Biden sticker on them saying "I got this". And in today's news, BP posted a 3 billion dollar profit. The border crisis really doesn't resonant in the Midwest, East Coast, etc. It's hardly ever in the papers or on the news. It's a bigger story in Texas and other border states.

IMO I don't think Biden was served well by those in charge of the evacuation and I imagine that would be the TPTP in the Pentagon. Trump made a lousy deal and then was gone without doing much to implement it since people where leaving his staff as his term was obviously over. They washed their hands of taking care of the details. For one thing, Trump never included the Afgani government in the negotiations with the Taliban. It's no wonder they bolted when things got serious during evacuation. Trump's deal only was for the Taliban not to kill Americans...but nothing about not killing Afghans.

This article is from March of this year Trump's Deal to End War in Afghanistan Leaves Biden in a Terrible Situation so the gravity of the situation was not a secret. But it still looked like the planning wasn't very good. There may be some logistics problems that we civilians don't know about but it looked bad on the newscasts.
    The Generals in the Afghan military were bribed by the Taliban ahead of time to desert their posts and due to widespread corruption the actual soldiers hadn’t been paid or resupplied for months. The Afghan President saw what was happening and had already made plans to leave the country. Biden could have left more troops in place to allow time for more civilians to flee but those troops would’ve been under constant threat of attack with no support. We saw a suicide bomber take advantage of the chaos. Does anyone believe that would’ve been the only attack? What we saw happen was the only option Biden had that didn’t put American troops in what could have been a disastrous position.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

The problem is that there are still Americans trying to get out of Afghanistan. So unfortunately, regardless of whether the evacuation could have been handled better or not, the optics of Americans still stuck there is a massive blow.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The problem is that there are still Americans trying to get out of Afghanistan. So unfortunately, regardless of whether the evacuation could have been handled better or not, the optics of Americans still stuck there is a massive blow.
    The footage of frightened Afghan civilians chasing a military plane down a runway, some so desperate to flee the country, they clung to the landing gear will be forever seared into our collective consciousness, not to mention going down as one of the sorriest debacles in the history of American foreign affairs. And, sadly, it’s all on Biden. While I agree with his decision that it was well past time pull out, the way it all went down was borderline disastrous, at least for those left behind.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

At Least 7 Republicans Who Were At The Jan. 6 Rally Just Got Elected To Office

At least seven Republicans who attended the Jan. 6 rally in Washington, D.C., that turned into a deadly insurrection were elected to office Tuesday.

Three were elected to state legislatures, and four won positions at the local level.

Although most have claimed they didn’t breach the U.S. Capitol on that day, all were participants in the demonstration leading up to the attack, standing alongside extremists to take part in the finale of a months-long anti-democratic campaign to falsely claim that then-President Donald Trump hadn’t really lost the 2020 election.

Their victories on Tuesday are a possible sign of things to come: HuffPost previously identified at 57 state and local GOP officials who attended the Jan. 6 rally, many of whom will be up for reelection — and will likely keep office — next year.
    Thus the reason they keep saying we need to "move on" from the insurrection and downplaying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Agree totally....even Obama making a campaign appearance didn't really have much effect. IMO the Democrats have been notoriously bad campaigners when left to their own devices esp at the local level. They need a platoon of Stacy Abrams out there doing the ground work starting now if they don't want a disaster at the midterms.
    Out Harvesting votes you mean ? https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ns/ar-BB1ckc3i
    Looking at VA one sees that the early votes and mail vote worked in the BLUE counties it just wasn't enough to turn the tide. Modern Ballot stuffing has its limits it appears.

Even with all the news around the Loudoun Co. it still "showed up" Blue. https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...rnatorial-race
    Last edited by Xheight; 11-03-2021 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    Out Harvesting votes you mean ? Looking at VA one sees that the early votes and mail vote worked in the BLUE counties it just wasn't enough to turn the tide. Modern Ballot stuffing has its limits it appears.
    Wow! Claiming fraud even when your guy wins? Who here is shocked? Show of hands. Anyone? Anyone?

I mean why cheat in counties that are already blue and they were going to win anyway? Wouldnt they stuff the ballot boxes in Red counties they were going to lose?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    At Least 7 Republicans Who Were At The Jan. 6 Rally Just Got Elected To Office

Thus the reason they keep saying we need to "move on" from the insurrection and downplaying it.
    Are you saying they won because they are connected or because it wasn't played up like they tried with Youngkin?

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Wow! Claiming fraud even when your guy wins? Who here is shocked? Show of hands. Anyone? Anyone?

I mean why cheat in counties that are already blue and they were going to win anyway? Wouldnt they stuff the ballot boxes in Red counties they were going to lose?
    As I said Loudoun was the epicenter of the Education eruption and was supposed to flip Suburbanites back to RED as Fox hoped it would. Weeks of voting seemed to do the trick. BTW how is Youngkin my guy?

As I said Loudoun was the epicenter of the Education eruption and was supposed to flip Suburbanites back to RED as Fox hoped it would. Weeks of voting seemed to do the trick. BTW how is Youngkin my guy?
    I dont live in VA so from OH it is what it is. It sucks for the people in VA. And I am pretty sure things will get worse for them.

I used to be a card carrying member of the GOP and voted for Trump the first time. I woke up pal. You should do the same.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I just find it funny how many of the GOP idiots and cult members are still claiming fraud in a race they won! I have never seen a more deluded group of sheep in my life. And props to the GOP leadership. They know how to play you all. Just say CRT is the worst thing ever POC are equal to the white man and people who make us wear masks are worse then Hitler and you all foam at the damn mouth.

I just find it funny how many of the GOP idiots and cult members are still claiming fraud in a race they won! I have never seen a more deluded group of sheep in my life. And props to the GOP leadership. They know how to play you all. Just say CRT is the worst thing ever POC are equal to the white man and people who make us wear masks are worse then Hitler and you all foam at the damn mouth.
    As someone who is mostly centrist, I have to say that's a lot of name-calling and mud-slinging. Xheight didn't do any of that.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    As someone who is mostly centrist, I have to say that's a lot of name-calling and mud-slinging. Xheight didn't do any of that.
    It is what it is. I am tired of dealing with people who try and claim voter fraud and all the other BS that is pushed in the country. That is how we got where we are now. The GOP can storm the capital and then the GOP law makers can ignore it, cover up who was involved and call them heroes. But then people get offended when someone is called out for it.

Maybe I went far. Maybe a break from the thread for a bit is needed. Ill let everyone else listen to dude and crazy theories.

I just find it funny how many of the GOP idiots and cult members are still claiming fraud in a race they won! I have never seen a more deluded group of sheep in my life. And props to the GOP leadership. They know how to play you all. Just say CRT is the worst thing ever - Can any con job be considered good?
    POC are equal to the white man - Well they are, and the Constitution is supposed to make sure they are treated as such!
    people who make us wear masks are worse then Hitler - Well Hitler killed people, masks not so much.
    and you all foam at the damn mouth. - just when I brush my teeth
    I am not a registered GOP so maybe I just care about Democracy.
    Last edited by Xheight; 11-03-2021 at 01:13 PM.

I am not a registered GOP so maybe I just care about Democracy.
    It is what is man. Im not arguing any more. You wont change my mind I wont change yours. I let my anger get the best of me and I shouldnt. Im just going to move on. This is no longer worth my time.