1. #35806
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    A Jan 6th apologist. Wonderful.
    Those 2 sentences you quoted of mine are not both apologist

  2. #35807
    Extraordinary Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    6,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    Who's talking about a right to kill him - let's not pretend protests don't sometimes turn into riots either. You are doing a ton of editorializing and mashing some facts in the process. It was never established whether Pence could have stopped the count. There has never been a ruling on that unprecedented option. That is/was part of Trump's never ending appeal 'doing the unprecedented'.
    Its not about Mike stopping the count. it is about the terrorists and that is what they were chanting Hang Mike Pence looking for him after they stormed the capital and threatening his life because he was not stopping the count. he was doing his elected duty certifying a legal election and the Trump cult wanted to kill him for it!

    Yes I will agree protests turn to riots. I spoke out often against the riots and looting and burning buildings last year.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  3. #35808
    Incredible Member Xheight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I guess wondering around the capital with assault rifles and zip ties means you have peaceful intentions. Oh and the hang Mike Pence chants while attempting to build a gallows in the lawn were just a prank. And the officers who took their own life from the trauma of being attacked? Thats fine the people who stormed the capital and attacked them and caused that trauma get a pass they wernt to blame? Got it. I forgot the only real victim was that poor woman who was trying to break onto the house floor, a place she had no right being by the way and was shot by that big bully cop. lets build a statue for her.

    Thanks for letting me know not to take anything you say seriously.
    You know a guillotine was set up in front of Bezo's house in t DC but does anybody think it was going to be used for reals?
    https://www.vanityfair.com/style/202...amazon-workers
    And if the whole wide world stops singing
    And all the stars go dark
    I'll turn a light on in my soul
    And keep the bluebird in my heart

  4. #35809
    Astonishing Member ChadH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Incertisque loci...incerto tempore
    Posts
    3,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The number of minority Republican registrations is increasing. That's not my opinion, that's a fact. We can keep our heads in the sand about it or find out why there's such an increase. Go look at what happened in Miami-Dade in the 2020 election. Clinton won the county by 29 percentage points. Biden won it by 7 points and more people turned out to vote. That county ate up a lot of the gains Biden had elsewhere in the state.
    I already know the reasons. Christianity and hatred of LGBTQ.

    Edit: Forgot to add the belief in the “Democratic Socialism = Communism” lie which may have more influence than the other two.
    Last edited by ChadH; 11-05-2021 at 11:54 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners Thread So much winning!!

    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

  5. #35810
    Extraordinary Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    6,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    You know a guillotine was set up in front of Bezo's house in t DC but does anybody think it was going to be used for reals?
    https://www.vanityfair.com/style/202...amazon-workers
    And that was wrong. You seem to think because I speak out against what happened at the capital I am fine with a lot of other stuff and that is not true. If you were around last year when the riots were happening I spoke out against and said they were wrong. protests I am all for. Looting and burning I am not. So dont paint me as a person who is made at the capital but forgives protesting looting a shoe store and burning a Wendy's in the name of social justice because I am not.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  6. #35811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Mueller and the FBIs role in the situation was to investigate, report their findings, and make a recommendation. They did so and found evidence of criminal activity. They can’t do anymore than that because they have to remain apolitical.
    People need to study the basic rules of these things before they bitch online.
    Except now Mueller is being named in Danchenko's indictment, stating that Mueller had evidence that he lied to the FBI but did not put it in his report. If that's true, there's nothing apolitical about it.

    My whole point about the indictment is that faith in the D party is sinking, as we saw on Tuesday, and this just makes it worse. The indictment states (not my opinion) that a Clinton advisor created and fed stories to Danchenko that made it into the dossier and then to the media. If that is true, the Clinton camp needs to be cut off from the party.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I already know the reasons. Christianity and hatred of LGBTQ.
    And this is why the D party is struggling. You're hand-waving a big change in the vote as hatred instead of trying to dig a little bit deeper to find out what's going on. Why are the majority of Cuban-Americans conservatives? Because they hate LGBTQ people? That would be an insult to what their people endured in Cuba.
    Last edited by Jbenito; 11-05-2021 at 10:54 AM.
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  7. #35812
    Astonishing Member ChadH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Incertisque loci...incerto tempore
    Posts
    3,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Devil View Post
    Those 2 sentences you quoted of mine are not both apologist
    We’re those weapons loaded? Unless you know for a fact they weren’t quit claiming they were carried to represent anything more than what they were made to do.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners Thread So much winning!!

    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

  8. #35813
    Incredible Member Xheight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    It's not a road block, it's normal to have a CBO score. Yes, it means the vote may be delayed, but anyone that actually wants to read a 2000 page bill and understand it, probably welcomes the time. Many of these recent Dem deadlines, are arbitrary, usual to meet some other deadline, like voting or Biden's trip, -- or to get things moving.
    So who is writing this panic copy about delivering the bill? Getting it moving is one thing but the calendar is another and the Press knows that is a real question about reconciliation.
    And if the whole wide world stops singing
    And all the stars go dark
    I'll turn a light on in my soul
    And keep the bluebird in my heart

  9. #35814
    Extraordinary Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    6,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    We’re those weapons loaded? Unless you know for a fact they weren’t quit claiming they were carried to represent anything more than what they were made to do.
    I am going to say they were loaded since several of the people talked and bragged about how they had them for protection and to use them if it came down to it. I mean why dress in b grade military armor knock off and and have people like that dumbass woman in Ohio who was part of the Oathkeepers who claimed there were there to protect the people.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  10. #35815
    Incredible Member Xheight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    We’re those weapons loaded? Unless you know for a fact they weren’t quit claiming they were carried to represent anything more than what they were made to do.
    What assault rifles? Link plz if you are talking about claims? IIRC Lonnie Coffman, was accused of parking a truck filled with 11 homemade bombs, a handgun and an assault rifle two blocks away from the Capitol for several hours on January 6.
    Last edited by Xheight; 11-05-2021 at 11:00 AM.
    And if the whole wide world stops singing
    And all the stars go dark
    I'll turn a light on in my soul
    And keep the bluebird in my heart

  11. #35816
    Extraordinary Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    6,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    It's not a road block, it's normal to have a CBO score. Yes, it means the vote may be delayed, but anyone that actually wants to read a 2000 page bill and understand it, probably welcomes the time. Many of these recent Dem deadlines, are arbitrary, usual to meet some other deadline, like voting or Biden's trip, -- or to get things moving.
    I do get that. But people kind of lose faith or quitting taking things seriously when Nancy P is on tv every day "We hope to vote today." Then the next day. "We hope to vote today or tomorrow." Then the next day "We are hoping by the end of the week."

    If I had a Nickle for every time she said they were going to vote that day or the next I would have so much money AOC would want to take 60 percent of it in taxes.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  12. #35817
    Astonishing Member ChadH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Incertisque loci...incerto tempore
    Posts
    3,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Except now Mueller is being named in Danchenko's indictment, stating that Mueller had evidence that he lied to the FBI but did not put it in his report. If that's true, there's nothing apolitical about it.

    My whole point about the indictment is that faith in the D party is sinking, as we saw on Tuesday, and this just makes it worse. The indictment states (not my opinion) that a Clinton advisor created and fed stories to Danchenko that made it into the dossier and then to the media. If that is true, the Clinton camp needs to be cut off from the party.



    And this is why the D party is struggling. You're hand-waving a big change in the vote as hatred instead of trying to dig a little bit deeper to find out what's going on. Why are the majority of Cuban-Americans conservatives? Because they hate LGBTQ people? That would be an insult to what their people endured in Cuba.
    Obviously Meuller should’ve checked with you before writing the report because he clearly didn’t know what is or isn’t meant to be in it. How long have you been with the Bureau?

    The fact you think there’s a Clinton Camp influencing the DNC undercuts the credibility of your opinion.

    I’m not “hand-waving” anything away except your tendency to shit on the Democratic Party at every opportunity. It stinks. It’s demoralizing and the last thing we need right now. Imagine for a moment there are people who already understand more than you do where the problems are but also realize our house is on fire and complaining about who’s in charge of the fire department isn’t helping.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners Thread So much winning!!

    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

  13. #35818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Obviously Meuller should’ve checked with you before writing the report because he clearly didn’t know what is or isn’t meant to be in it. How long have you been with the Bureau?

    The fact you think there’s a Clinton Camp influencing the DNC undercuts the credibility of your opinion.

    I’m not “hand-waving” anything away except your tendency to shit on the Democratic Party at every opportunity. It stinks. It’s demoralizing and the last thing we need right now. Imagine for a moment there are people who already understand more than you do where the problems are but also realize our house is on fire and complaining about who’s in charge of the fire department isn’t helping.
    The Clinton camp absolutely influences the DNC. Again it's the old guard versus the new guard and the old guard doesn't want to relinquish control.

    I grew up in NYC, a true blue Democrat all my life. What I find demoralizing are the same talking points and regurgitating of headlines. It's not working for us. Babyblob has is right with what he's saying and sugarcoating things isn't going to help. You can't fix problems you don't identify.
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  14. #35819
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    12,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The Clinton camp absolutely influences the DNC. Again it's the old guard versus the new guard and the old guard doesn't want to relinquish control.

    I grew up in NYC, a true blue Democrat all my life. What I find demoralizing are the same talking points and regurgitating of headlines. It's not working for us. Babyblob has is right with what he's saying and sugarcoating things isn't going to help. You can't fix problems you don't identify.
    After the loss in 2016, the "Clinton Camp" was de-powered and removed from the DNC.

    That was a big news story.

    https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...s-2016-215774/
    https://www.npr.org/2017/11/03/56197...th-dnc-in-2015
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  15. #35820
    Astonishing Member ChadH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Incertisque loci...incerto tempore
    Posts
    3,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The Clinton camp absolutely influences the DNC. Again it's the old guard versus the new guard and the old guard doesn't want to relinquish control.

    I grew up in NYC, a true blue Democrat all my life. What I find demoralizing are the same talking points and regurgitating of headlines. It's not working for us. Babyblob has is right with what he's saying and sugarcoating things isn't going to help. You can't fix problems you don't identify.
    It’s not the Old Guard vs the New Guard. It’s Democracy vs the GOP.

    I believe in progressive ideas as much as you do but constantly fomenting dissatisfaction with Biden and the party in general is helping the GOP by reinforcing the idea that neither party is worth voting for. At this critical time when the GOP is mobilizing with the intent to sabotage the electoral process we need everyone on board.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners Thread So much winning!!

    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •