Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Making jokes at the expense of a marginalized group, especially a group that’s been targets of violence like transpeople is disgusting. Here in Philly, there have been several such attacks, including three murders over the last couple of years. Sure, I get edgy, even shocking humor, hell, I grew up with Richard Pryor, but when comics take advantage of transpeople for the sake of cheap laughs, that’s a low blow in my book and something that shouldn’t be tolerated.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

In order for true equality we all must be able to have a good laugh at each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Devil View Post
    In order for true equality we all must be able to have a good laugh at each other.
    Ill tell that to the next Trans woman I see getting the Hell beat out of her.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

There's two classic comedies that I think of, that when they came out, both went for a scene to spoof "The Crying Game", which came out a year prior to their own films. Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, and Naked Gun 33 1/3. Both portray the same result, followed by the male lead being overwhelmed with revulsion by a transwoman who hasn't completely transitioned. I can respect the careers of the actors and writers of both films outside of those moments, but I recognize that those scenes do NOT hold up well today. But everyone involved didn't know better then.

Those sorts of "wacky hijinks" aren't scripted today, because we can do better than what we can now recognize as plain transphobia. The "joke" there isn't anything but that.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Ill tell that to the next Trans woman I see getting the Hell beat out of her.
    every gender, and race gets beat. Why do that for only one?

It is just when it comes to it everyone gets a pass for making fun of Transpeople. Make fun of black people, women, victims of sex abuse or domestic violence, Latinos, or Asians people lose their ****. Make fun of a Trans person and it becomes "Well they need to get the Hell over it it is just a joke."
    Last edited by babyblob; 11-07-2021 at 04:09 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

This might be brave if you were volunteering to make yourself a target for bigotry first, rather than insisting it's fine that another group is targeted.

Of course, defending bullying behavior is not renowned for being courageous.

If you are still seriously posing this question?

It's going to take a lot of living and homework before you could even understand the answer.

Mayhap it's a good time to quote a particular meme:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If you are still seriously posing this question?

It's going to take a lot of living and homework before you could even understand the answer.
    How I understand it its because of a privilege spectrum made by social media.

Politely, "Laughs..." is at about "V" if we are putting this in "Alphabetical..." terms.

"D" would be "This group is not a marked target for violence and humor based around that violence..."

Let's get to about "R" in terms of getting these folks to actual equality before we have to listen to this sort on nonsense about equality.

Like I said...

If you actually bought into nonsense like that?

You have some living and homework to do before you could understand the answer.

https://twitter.com/trailerdrake/sta...17241617174531

I guess George Carlin should learn how to write a joke, right?

Yeah, it's not even slightly like that.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    https://twitter.com/trailerdrake/sta...17241617174531

I guess George Carlin should learn how to write a joke, right?
    Yeah, I guess so.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!