Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The Jasmine Brand? Seriously? That sounds like a line of scented candles sold at Bath & Body Works. Give me a break.
    We all know he's here in bad faith and low effort trolling but he doesn't have to prove it this hard.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The Jasmine Brand? Seriously? That sounds like a line of scented candles sold at Bath & Body Works. Give me a break.
    Following the link it seems to be an entertainment news site rather than a political one. There doesn't seem to be much, if any political bias though.

Tendrin's argument about bad faith is still accurate, irrespective of the bias, or lack thereof, from the link.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    We all know he's here in bad faith and low effort trolling but he doesn't have to prove it this hard.
    Not all.

I’ve honestly never been able to understand anything he’s written, so can’t pass “judgment”.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, only the present president can use it. Crazy idea that.
    I just don't want to see it used as a political weapon going forward. But that would be naive of me.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I just don't want to see it used as a political weapon going forward. But that would be naive of me.
    The president has executive privilege. Trump does not have his own executive privilege indefinitely just because he was president. I don't think that means it's going to be 'weaponized' forever going forward, mostly because future presidents hopefully won't lead insurrections in an effort to overthrow the government.

But, of course, that does presume that the GOP won't just use it to launder hopefully politically damaging forever-investigations as they love to do. (Benghazi!!!)

But, of course, that does presume that the GOP won't just use it to launder hopefully politically damaging forever-investigations as they love to do. (Benghazi!!!)
    Nailed it. That’s exactly what I don’t want to see.

I mean The GOP is just stalling for time on the 6th commission anyway. Trump is going to have his people not show up, then make the commission go through the time consuming process of having them charged and the legal battle that goes with that. Stall for time because they are hoping the GOP retakes the house then they will just shut the commission down and end it all and sweep it under the rug.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Very good.

Biden Seeks to Curb Energy Costs
    “President Joe Biden said he’s directed his top economic aides to focus on reducing energy costs, which he blamed for accelerating U.S. inflation after a report showed the biggest surge in consumer prices in a generation.”
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...n-energy-costs

My neighbor’s company installs fencing/gates and he’s had to raise his prices to cover the higher costs of fuel, lumber and other materials. If Biden can tackle this it would be a big win as it’s one of those issues that obviously impacts everyone regardless of political leaning.
    Last edited by JB; 11-13-2021 at 07:56 AM.

I know I wish someone could curb my energy coat. The static cling is unbearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Nailed it. That’s exactly what I don’t want to see.
    It won't really happen anymore than it already does.

In actual, real actions that were designed to try to tip elections...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp

In the Broward-Palm Beach County 20th Congressional District special primary, there are hundreds of ballots that have gone uncounted — far more than enough to change the outcome. As of Friday evening, Sheila Cherfilus-McCormick was the unofficial winner, finishing five votes ahead of Dale Holness.

A total of 297 mail ballots were postmarked on or before Monday, Nov. 1, but didn’t arrive at the supervisors of elections office until after Election Day, Nov. 2. Under Florida law, they weren’t counted.

In actual, real actions that were designed to try to tip elections...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp
    Not "under Florida Law" but under the new DeSantis Voter Suppression Laws that were passed after the last election. Anyone who says these laws were not passed to suppress the vote is naive, lying or both.

And these Laws were only able to be passed because Justice Roberts gutted the Voting Rights Act because he refuses to accept it is needed.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I know I wish someone could curb my energy coat. The static cling is unbearable.
    Ha! Funny. Fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Not "under Florida Law" but under the new DeSantis Voter Suppression Laws that were passed after the last election. Anyone who says these laws were not passed to suppress the vote is naive, lying or both.

And these Laws were only able to be passed because Justice Roberts gutted the Voting Rights Act because he refuses to accept it is needed.
    Section 5 of the voting rights act covered five counties in Florida.

https://www.justice.gov/crt/jurisdic...ered-section-5

These are Collier County, Hardee County, Hendry County, Hillsborough County and Monroe County. The 20th congressional district in Florida is a different area, with parts of Broward County and Palm Beach County, so it's not affected by any changes Roberts made to the Voting Rights Act.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Section 5 of the voting rights act covered five counties in Florida.

https://www.justice.gov/crt/jurisdic...ered-section-5

These are Collier County, Hardee County, Hendry County, Hillsborough County and Monroe County. The 20th congressional district in Florida is a different area, with parts of Broward County and Palm Beach County, so it's not affected by any changes Roberts made to the Voting Rights Act.
    The changes made by DeSantis and other GOP leaders, however, would probably have been impossible *without* the gutting of the VRA by Roberts.