Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The Log Cabin Republicans are... uh... not a good example of the party's movement on gay rights, because... they demonize their own. I don't know why the group are masochists who stick around when they literally right a party platform every four years that somehow is more hostile against them having simple human rights in every iteration, going back 20 years. The GOP has had gay candidates actively excluded from appearing at debates when they do run as candidates.

Just... come on, man.
    And the hostility is so apparent as that tweet displays so it honestly baffles me why they remain attached to the party.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The Log Cabin Republicans are... uh... not a good example of the party's movement on gay rights, because... they demonize their own. I don't know why the group are masochists who stick around when they literally right a party platform every four years that somehow is more hostile against them having simple human rights in every iteration, going back 20 years. The GOP has had gay candidates actively excluded from appearing at debates when they do run as candidates.

Just... come on, man.
    Someone I know calls them GINO’s (Gay In Name Only) because, first and foremost, they’re Qpublicans. Party before sexual orientation with those guys.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    And the hostility is so apparent as that tweet displays so it honestly baffles me why they remain attached to the party.
    On this, we definitely agree. Masochism is the only logical answer to why there are still Log Cabin Republicans.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Money. It's easy to forget with the Trump and the fascism and homophobia and anti-immigrant stuff that is horrifying and attention-grabbing, but Republicans are also the Party of "I got mine" and "hands off my money". There are plenty of well-to-do homosexual couples/individuals who would rather keep their money and be left alone rather than fighting for their own rights or the rights of those like them and so are willing to throw in with the Republicans to lower their tax rate.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Money. It's easy to forget with the Trump and the fascism and homophobia and anti-immigrant stuff that is horrifying and attention-grabbing, but Republicans are also the Party of "I got mine" and "hands off my money". There are plenty of well-to-do homosexual couples/individuals who would rather keep their money and be left alone rather than fighting for their own rights or the rights of those like them and so are willing to throw in with the Republicans to lower their tax rate.
    This. As George Young (the GM of the New York Giants, not the AC/DC producer) once said, "Whenever they tell you it's not about the money, it's about the money."
    Watching television is not an activity.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Can't argue that. Greed is also an important factor for why GINO's throw their fellow homosexuals under the nearest Greyhound.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Someone I know calls them GINO’s (Gay In Name Only) because, first and foremost, they’re Qpublicans. Party before sexual orientation with those guys.
    And here I thought what made someone gay was acting on a sexual preference to people of the same gender.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    GOP rep from Alabama on twitter touting all the infrastructure funding that has been a "priority of his" since being elected to Congress. Except he voted no....

https://twitter.com/USRepGaryPalmer/...700421644?s=20

He's rightfully getting dragged on his own post for the hypocrisy. But, we may as well buckle up cause there will be a ton more GOP claiming credit when they not only voted no. But, tried to bash their own party members that did vote yes.
    Whats more comedy is , those who did vote no did it more for their "We have to give Democrats a loss !" than actual care of country. A fact Donald Trump attacked this not for the bill not being big enough etc (he later did that) , it was 1st about how Republicans shouldn't have worked with Democrats. Because it gave Biden an accomplishment.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    And here I thought what made someone gay was acting on a sexual preference to people of the same gender.
    It's a play on RINO, sure they're actually gay, but they don't support any actual gay rights.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

So now Republican's are clutching their pearls because Sesame Street has introduced an Asian American Muppet.

But sure, the Republican Party doesn't have a problem with racism.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    So now Republican's are clutching their pearls because Sesame Street has introduced an Asian American Muppet.

But sure, the Republican Party doesn't have a problem with racism.
    As a member of the supposed represented, I don't get it. It looks no more asian than a Manga or Anime character except the hair isn't blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    As a member of the supposed represented, I don't get it. It looks no more asian than a Manga or Anime character except the hair isn't blue.
    I am only guessing it is going to be clear in some heavy handed acted of bias against the character like accusing her of bringing Covid to school.

That's probably a good thing, you go too far and you risk it coming off as a caricature. The important part is that they'll be featuring her Korean heritage on the show in an attempt to show kids that it's normal and no different than their own families thus attempting to fight Asian Hate...which is apparently a bad thing.

I am only guessing it is going to be clear in some heavy handed acted of bias against the character like accusing her of bringing Covid to school.
    That would only happen if Sesame Street were written by crazy Qpublicans...but since it's a shown written by rational adults that won't happen.

The non-biased way would be to call it self-interest but slurs are attention grabbing even if I agree with your conclusion.