Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There are some people who think I'm just shitposting, and they're not told they're wrong often enough.

I think you're really going away from the question about whether the 2020 election was stolen.

There are some specific claims.

If someone brings up Matt Braynard's lawsuit, we should look at whether that specific lawsuit has merit. Shifting goalposts is rather problematic, often exposing that election skeptics don't care about the specifics, but just have a larger sense that something was wrong.

There are some arguments for the skepticism. The first is that it's weird Joe Biden got more votes than Barack Obama ever did, although this is understandable in a high turnout election which includes many voters who were too young in 2012. Trump appealed to some communities in a big way, so people within might think it's suspicious that he couldn't win when he so obviously energized them more than McCain or Romney did, but this is just anecdotal evidence, failing to take account the response to Trump elsewhere. Ideological sorting means it's easy to avoid talking with people who think differently so someone may think unusual opinions are the norm. Trump did better than expected and it's easy to forget that underdogs sometimes outperform expectations and still come out short (a Football team expected to lose a football game by ten points is more likely to lose by three than win by three.)

In the likely event that the election wasn't stolen, everyone hinting at broad conspiracies is doing a bad thing. They're riling up lunatics and wasting the time of sensible people because they just don't understand the world and they can't recognize that they're wrong.
    I don't see how far it has strayed as you don't share the framework and the specifics are not accessible. https://electionfraud20.org/in-detai...ounty-georgia/ and the rebuttal https://cdn.factcheck.org/UploadedFi...hereReport.pdf

My background in Social Sciences tells me Ansolabehere is full of Grandstanding by authority and establishing grounds that are not to be established in applying for a case where things like methodology can be discussed. I said Hand Waving and we have a confirmed protector of the establishment in his own words much of his "rebuttal" is a CV dump and speaking for State's processes. The ruling on standing was made because they didn't want to get into specifics. That is bad faith for you.

Most people have no access to the election records so hunches and hints are all that is being allowed. Pulling down the gates is just as likely to rile people up as much as putting out the facts for the world to see. In the event that the election was stolen, dismissing as just conspiracies is doing just as bad a thing. A democracy that can't rely on democratic processes is a FAKE state which we have decried the world over but hesitate to look at in our own home.
    Last edited by Xheight; 11-19-2021 at 06:01 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I very much appreciate him calling for peaceful expression of views.

A sharp contrast from trump's Jan 6th speech. He told his supporters to fight, they fought, were arrested, lost jobs and are seen as traitors.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    It's about the facts.

Not if folks will be willing to accept them.
    Like Obama is an actual American?

Like Biden actually WON?

Like a book about a black boy at a private white school is NOT an attack on white people nor CRT?

We saw A LOT of folks refuse to accept those. Especially on Jan 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Like Obama is an actual American?

Like Biden actually WON?

Like a book about a black boy at a private white school is NOT an attack on white people nor CRT?

We saw A LOT of folks refuse to accept those. Especially on Jan 6th.
    Here...

You've got folks trying to undercut a "Self-Defense..." defense based on a version of events that a police investigation concluded never actually happened.

While I don't like that the kid had an absolutely valid "Self-Defense..." defense?

It doesn't mean that it makes sense to adopt the way that "Obama Is Kenyan!..."/"Trump Won..." folks operate.

If anything, it is the best case for doing the exact opposite.

Never mind that one of the people who was shot was there with a pistol that he did not have a permit for, but he felt like it was fine because he is a firm believer in the Second Amendment...

Again...

How well known was that reality while plenty of folks were buying in hook/line/sinker to a lie that had been disproved last year?

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    A sharp contrast from trump's Jan 6th speech. He told his supporters to fight, they fought, were arrested, lost jobs and are seen as traitors.
    Biden might not succeed in bringing Americans together, but at least he's trying. What the hell did Trump ever do to bring Americans together?
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Biden might not succeed in bringing Americans together, but at least he's trying. What the hell did Trump ever do to bring Americans together?
    A lot of us came together to vote him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Kyle Rittenhouse is found not guilty of all charges…
    I wish I were actually surprised by that, but I don't think anyone is. I'm sure there's a valuable lesson to be learned from this, but hell if I know what it is.
    "It's only murder if you don't fight back", maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I wish I were actually surprised by that, but I don't think anyone is. I'm sure there's a valuable lesson to be learned from this, but hell if I know what it is.
    "It's only murder if you don't fight back", maybe?
    The prosecution didn't do a very good job, maybe not even a mediocre job of presenting the case. The judge seemed biased even before prosecution missteps - although the line of "you can't call them victims" is apparently standard with him according to defense attorneys who have tried cases before him.

Basically, there wasn't much of a chance for any other verdict even without the racial biases at play in trials (like the fact that a black juror seems as rare as a unicorn).
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 11-20-2021 at 01:58 AM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Fantastic Member

Where is Kamala? Have you seen Kamala?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbi View Post
    Where is Kamala? Have you seen Kamala?
    She is in a monthly comic book called Ms Marvel. Also appears in Champions.
    Dark does not mean deep.

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Bwahahaha!

In other murder trial news, the Kansas City cop who killed a black man on his own property was found guilty on all counts, the first time a white officer has been found guilty of killing a black civilian in the history of the city, and the first trial since 1941.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Biden actually makes the power move the cleanse the USPS of DeJoy stains:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/19/u...d-members.html

He removed two governors and added two in, giving the USPS controlling body the votes needed to oust DeJoy.

I guess he was banking on the passage of bills to make these moves.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Well played, sir. You win social media today.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!