Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I heard he has a history of Bail jumping. So that gives the question why was he out on bail again. NBC said something about 3 bail jumps in the past. So why give him a chance to do it a 4th time? Things keep coming in so I dont know how accurate it is. But if it is true he should have been in jail and not on bail.
    Looks like using a vehicle to hurt people isn't new for him, as recently as earlier this month. From the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
    (CBR is changing the URL for some reason but you can search for it):
    https://www.js***********/story/news...jr/8717524002/

In the case this month, a woman told police Brooks purposefully ran her "over with his vehicle" while she was walking through a gas station parking lot after he had followed her there after a fight, according to the criminal complaint. The woman was hospitalized for her injuries, court records show.
    He's been charged with 5 counts of first degree intentional homicide, according to police.
    Last edited by JB; 11-22-2021 at 12:17 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

GOP Senate candidate Sean Parnell's estranged wife wins custody dispute

Laurie Snell -- the estranged wife of Pennsylvania GOP Senate candidate Sean Parnell -- was awarded primary physical custody and sole legal custody of the couple's three children, according to a judge's order that was made public Monday.

The decision comes amid a contentious divorce and custody proceedings between Snell and Parnell, who are still legally married but have been separated for years. Snell has accused her husband of choking her and injuring their children -- all claims that Parnell has denied.

The judge's ruling, following a three-day custody trial, noted that "Laurie Snell was the more credible witness."
    Snell claimed that her husband had a violent temper. She accused Parnell of choking her and said that Parnell had injured their children on two separate occasions.

Snell also testified that Parnell berated her over text message, had an extramarital affair with his now girlfriend and, after they were separated, tracked the cars in Snell's driveway in an apparent attempt to determine if she was dating anyone.
    Gop can still work with this they have done worse! Just say he aint afraid to "own the libs" and will fight, literally, anyone!

Anyone following the closing arguments in the trial of the murders of Ahmaud Arbery? It's sounding like the defense has given up any remaining pretense (not that there was much) and has moved on to just solid racism.

Apparently, Arbery's mother had to leave the courtroom in distress as the defense was talking, and I'm not kidding, about Ahmaud's 'long dirty toenails.'

“They made the decision to attack Ahmaud Arbery in their driveways because he was a Black man running down their street,” Dunikoski said. She added: “They shot and killed him. Not because he was a threat to them. But because he wouldn’t stop and talk to them.”

That statement is absolutely, 100 percent correct. I mean, the white dudes who murdered him also feared and distrusted black guys, no doubt, for no reason other than they are black. In other words, racist.

Really interested in what the mostly white jury does. If these good old boys get acquitted, the poo should really hit the fan.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If this was a situation where he accidentally discharged the gun and someone wound up dead?

I would completely agree.

As it stands, every single one of the people who were hurt or killed took an active role in initiating the situation that wound up with them being hurt or killed.

It's just not "Apple..."/"Apple..."

As for the "Moral..." aspect?

Trying to get to criminal accountability based on what is "Morally..." right is regularly futile. The best that they can hope for is to go to civil court.
    Which is why I said it was correct that he was acquitted, as legally he didn't necessarily break any laws, though I'd add that has a lot to do with poor gun laws than the fact that he was acting 100% correctly.

As for the people injured or killed? Yeah, they definitely don't have the same blame here. You should be free to assemble with out fear that some whacko might shoot you if you get into a confrontation.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Anyone following the closing arguments in the trial of the murders of Ahmaud Arbery? It's sounding like the defense has given up any remaining pretense (not that there was much) and has moved on to just solid racism.

Apparently, Arbery's mother had to leave the courtroom in distress as the defense was talking, and I'm not kidding, about Ahmaud's 'long dirty toenails.'
    The stuff he was saying so was awful.

Saying Arbery didnt call for help because he didnt want help, Ran at the guys with the guns so he put himself in a position where they had to kill him. A higher power had Bryan go and record the whole thing? WTF!!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    “They made the decision to attack Ahmaud Arbery in their driveways because he was a Black man running down their street,” Dunikoski said. She added: “They shot and killed him. Not because he was a threat to them. But because he wouldn’t stop and talk to them.”

That statement is absolutely, 100 percent correct. I mean, the white dudes who murdered him also feared and distrusted black guys, no doubt, for no reason other than they are black. In other words, racist.

Really interested in what the mostly white jury does. If these good old boys get acquitted, the poo should really hit the fan.
    Man, it makes me wonder in what world these men are living? And, if they have ever done this before, but just gotten away with it??
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I’ve seen clips of the defense’s closing comments, if that wasn’t a classic case of self-immolation, I’d love to know what qualifies. But, I worry the defense didn’t care because they think the fix is in and their clients will get off, given the almost all white jury. I hope that won’t be the case.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I’ve seen clips of the defense’s closing comments, if that wasn’t a classic case of self-immolation, I’d love to know what qualifies. But, I worry the defense didn’t care because they think the fix is in and their clients will get off, given the almost all white jury. I hope that won’t be the case.
    Apparently, if they do get acquitted, the Federal Government is ready to immediately re-arrest them and try them for federal offenses.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Man, it makes me wonder in what world these men are living? And, if they have ever done this before, but just gotten away with it??
    Ya know, in every vigilante TV show I've watched, they've all acknowledged that what the protagonists are doing is fundamentally illegal regardless of the good they do. Leverage, Person of Interest, Equalizer, Burn Notice.

How is it reality is so much dumber than TV?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Ya know, in every vigilante TV show I've watched, they've all acknowledged that what the protagonists are doing is fundamentally illegal regardless of the good they do. Leverage, Person of Interest, Equalizer, Burn Notice.

How is it reality is so much dumber than TV?
    Because TV characters have protagonists with a narrative god above them able to ensure their vigilante actions always occur in a righteous manner as the excuse for why legal forces never turn on them at full power.

Real world vigilantes expect the same grace from law enforcement but are incapable of choosing the right side, and often have believes that hail from when vigilante violence was always more about enforcing a racist code than about actually stopping crime.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I hear that it's more like they know their clients are going to get convicted so they are setting up a reason to take the case to Appeals court. Filing an Appeals Court brief claiming that the Lawyers for the defendants was biased and incompetent and tired to unduly influence the jury in an unethical sort of way.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    They would have gotten away with it this time had that tape not gotten out. And I don't think it's an accident that it took so long to charge the McMichaels after learning they have ties to local law enforcement.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So I have had a friend bring up the cobalt mine deal done in 2016 where Hunter Biden's firm lined up that business deal and others. As I explained and feel this was business deal ala the usual deals done where a Chinese company bought something in Australia and America as well. Yet somehow Hunter Biden managed to make these deals get special clearance ...somehow.

But it reads like normal business deals an investment company does and gets a little profit off the deal and moves onto something else. Its 2 years later and we see again somehow Hunter Biden is being made the usual deal.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post

As for the people injured or killed? Yeah, they definitely don't have the same blame here. You should be free to assemble with out fear that some whacko might shoot you if you get into a confrontation.
    Of course.

But given some of the outline reports I’ve seen (for example, that one of the protesters threatened Rittenhouse with a gun, and another attacked him with a skateboard) I can vaguely see why the jury ultimately accepted the self defence argument….how reasonable that defence was would surely depend on the exact sequence of the confrontation, and the video footage would be the main critical evidence.