Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So Bannon won't turn the evidence over to the House committee but he'll publish them in the press?
    The goal is to harm ongoing investigations by letting the documents be litigated in the press by OANN and Fox News.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Yeah, even at eighty, guy, and it's a weird flex given the guy you were supporting is even older.
    When the only two realistic options are the really old guys?

I'll take the older guy who is notably sharper.

Even with the couple of occasions where I've noticed that Pelosi is starting to show her age in a lull or a stumble here and there?

It's not as notable as it is with Biden.

Even then, any one of many different potential age related issues could put any one of them on the sideline an any time. That's just the basic reality of being in the game at their age.

Could be that he gets along just fine with that he slowed down a few steps just being how it is. Hopefully, that's how it plays out.

That said, he is easily the most concerning of those three.

Never mind that the old guy still has to be the one actually calling it like it is...

Clearly, not someone being disingenuous about having a double standard. Nope, not at all.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Snakeoil salesman Dr. Oz launched a campaign for PA senate as a Republican.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ele...edium=news_tab
    While I can't say I ever thought much of this guy(and assuming that the reporting checks out...), this is a lousy move. Even for a guy that always felt like a sham...

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-not-live.html

Dr. Oz Gave Dr. Oz Show Staff 15 Minutes’ Notice That He’s Quitting to Run for Senate in State Where He May Not Live

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    CNN suspends Chris Cuomo indefinitely
    https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5...definitely?amp
    I like Chris Cuomo, but clearly, there is a huge conflict of interest here. CNN had no choice but to take the action they took.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Clearly, not someone being disingenuous about having a double standard. Nope, not at all.
    "This old guy is okay with him because he agrees with me, flattering my vanity. The other old guy is in one foot in long term care because he doesn't". I mean, how utterly ridiculous can you get?

"This old guy is okay with him because he agrees with me, flattering my vanity. The other old guy is in one foot in long term care because he doesn't". I mean, how utterly ridiculous can you get?
    Politely...

That is simply incorrect.

If anything?

Just how sharp Sanders actually is on the "Having it together..." front has only become even more clear in the time since the start of the year.

You see the guy in an interview?

You can safely bet both ears that you will not witness anything even remotely like a stumble. Never mind him seeming like he might be losing his place.

Biden?

That just ain't the case.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

After Boebert's Islamophobic comments, Ilhan Omar played an unsettling voicemail from an unknown man saying 'You will not live much longer'

Rep. Ilhan Omar played a threatening voicemail she received from an unnamed caller during a press conference on Tuesday.

Omar, alongside Reps. Andre Carson and Rashida Tlaib, the three Muslims in the House of Representatives, held a press conference calling on Republican leadership to hold Rep. Lauren Boebert accountable after her recent anti-Muslim remarks.

"We see you Muslim and (n-slur) bitch, we know what you're up to. You're all about taking over our country. Don't worry, there's plenty that will love the opportunity to take you off the face of this fucking earth. Come get it. But you fucking Muslim piece of ****. You jihadist. We know what you are. You're a fucking traitor. You will not live much longer," the man who sent the voicemail said.
    And yet, Boobert won't face anything harsher than a slap on the wrist when she should be censured if not kicked out of Congress for her reckless actions. Outside of Washington, that sort of behavior wouldn't be tolerated in the workplace.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Politely...

That is simply incorrect.

If anything?

Just how sharp Sanders actually is on the "Having it together..." front has only become even more clear in the time since the start of the year.

You see the guy in an interview?

You can safely bet both ears that you will not witness anything even remotely like a stumble. Never mind him seeming like he might be losing his place.

Biden?

That just ain't the case.
    Does an occasional stumble in speech mean an actual troubling decline in cognitive abilities?

I doubt you'll find a physician that agrees.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Does an occasional stumble in speech mean an actual troubling decline in cognitive abilities?

30 has never met a lie about 'centrists' he won't repeat, though.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So Bannon won't turn the evidence over to the House committee but he'll publish them in the press?
    Apparently it has to do with the discovery material his attorneys will be receiving that he wants made public, and the media is of course supporting that per their filing. Normally I wouldn’t care but when it comes to Jan 6th, I think as much info as possible should be made public.

Regarding Biden, I honestly feel bad for him when he’s giving a press conference and the reporters start barking at him. He often seems thrown and frequently will leave the podium without taking their questions. But considering the state of the country, I shouldn’t be feeling bad for our President.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Biden has always been that way, partly because of his stutter. What people think is a stumble is him changing what words to use to stop himself from stuttering.
    I for one would not embrace Trump's lies about the President, but that's just me.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Biden is fine health as far as we know. Calling him 'one foot in a long term care facility' for his age alone is resoundingly agist.
    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    When the only two realistic options are the really old guys?

I'll take the older guy who is notably sharper.

Even with the couple of occasions where I've noticed that Pelosi is starting to show her age in a lull or a stumble here and there?

It's not as notable as it is with Biden.

Even then, any one of many different potential age related issues could put any one of them on the sideline an any time. That's just the basic reality of being in the game at their age.

Could be that he gets along just fine with that he slowed down a few steps just being how it is. Hopefully, that's how it plays out.

That said, he is easily the most concerning of those three.

I have been listening to Biden speak both as a prominent Senator and especially since his run in '08 (where he had a good line about Guiliani, but then ran it into the ground). When he was the Veep candidate I was ecstatic, thinking he was an affable and knowledgeable counterweight to Obama's energy but lack of experience (also, had feared the ticket being weighed down by the Clintons). I liked listening to that guy, even when he put his foot in his mouth. Sometimes especially when he did, some of the "gaffes" were him being real. But that guy is clearly not the same one we're seeing now.

I was rooting as hard for him to beat Trump as anyone here, but it was painful to listen to him make speeches and hope he didn't stumble too noticeably in a way that would have been in a thousand campaign ads. We lucked out there, but to say he's not clearly diminished from his days as Veep is just wrong. Age hits some harder than others. He's slower, seems to have trouble finding his words, gets clearly lost at times (sometimes finding his way back, other times moving on and hoping nobody notices). It's not a "Trump lie", it's plain to see any time he's out in front of the cameras for more than a quick soundbite. I wish I was wrong. But given that we shouldn't bury our heads in the sand. His likely further decline in the next few years makes taking a hard look at Harris and other candidates necessary. This job ages even those relatively younger (at least those with a sense of responsibility who feel the weight of their actions, so Trump of course came out unscathed).

We've seen him do hour long town halls, and he is clear and knowledgeable. He has also been getting things done, even with two recalcitrant Senators.
    I have no idea if he will run in 24, but for now, he is fine.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!