Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    If enough evidence can’t be gathered to establish a single person other than Ghislaine M committed a crime, the case against her can’t be very strong….or more worryingly US authorities have little appetite to pursue other cases because of the identities of other possible miscreants.
    That's a big part of it imo. There's apparently going to be an ex Epstein employee who will be testifying and authenticating Epstein's black book but as mentioned, unless there's an official accusation, we may never know who was involved with the trafficking.

In related news, this came out yesterday.

White House Visitor Logs Show Just How Friendly Epstein and President Clinton Were
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/jeffre...-show?ref=home

White House visitor logs obtained by the Daily Mail show that the late sexual predator Jeffrey Epstein stopped by at least 17 times during President Bill Clinton’s tenure. Epstein’s first visit was in February 1993, just after Clinton’s inauguration, and his last recorded visit was in January 1995. The vast majority of his visits were to the West Wing. The financier went to the White House on 14 separate days, occasionally making two appearances in a day.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Ummmm... this sounds crazy. I don't trust DeSantis with this.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis wants to reestablish a World War II-era civilian military force that he, not the Pentagon, would control.

DeSantis pitched the idea Thursday as a way to further support the Florida National Guard during emergencies, like hurricanes. The Florida National Guard has also played a vital role during the pandemic in administering Covid-19 tests and distributing vaccines.

But in a nod to the growing tension between Republican states and the Biden administration over the National Guard, DeSantis also said this unit, called the Florida State Guard, would be "not encumbered by the federal government." He said this force would give him "the flexibility and the ability needed to respond to events in our state in the most effective way possible." DeSantis is proposing bringing it back with a volunteer force of 200 civilians, and he is seeking $3.5 million from the state legislature in startup costs to train and equip them.

States have the power to create defense forces separate from the national guard, though not all of them use it. If Florida moves ahead with DeSantis' plan to reestablish the civilian force, it would become the 23rd active state guard in the country, DeSantis' office said in a press release, joining California, Texas and New York. These guards are little-known auxiliary forces with origins dating back to the advent of state militias in the 18th century. While states and the Department of Defense share control of the National Guard, state guards are solely in the power of a governor.

The proposal from DeSantis comes on the heels of Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin's directive warning that National Guard members who refuse to get vaccinated against the coronavirus will have their pay withheld and barred from training. Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt, a Republican, had requested an exemption for guard members in his state, which Austin denied.

Democrats in Florida immediately expressed alarm at DeSantis' announcement. US Rep. Charlie Crist, who is running as a Democrat to challenge the governor in 2022, tweeted, "No Governor should have his own handpicked secret police."

Astonishing Member

I certainly wouldn't trust him either. But, as the article points out. Almost half the states have one already.

Sara Gideon donates $3.5 million in leftover campaign cash to help low-income families

Sara Gideon has donated $3.5 million of leftover campaign funds from her unsuccessful U.S. Senate bid to help low-income parents earn degrees and professional certifications.

Gideon said in a written statement that the donation will allow Maine Equal Justice, a nonprofit civic legal aid and economic justice organization, to establish a new Build HOPE Project to help create pathways out of poverty for working parents and their children. The project will begin in January.

“This gift will provide immediate and significant support to working parents earning their degree, to their children – and ultimately to the entire state – by increasing the numbers of higher skilled workers badly needed by Maine’s employers and our economy,” Gideon said in a statement.

A spokesperson for Gideon said she was not available for an interview Wednesday. The former speaker of the Maine House of Representatives has kept a low-profile since the election loss in 2020 and had not spoken publicly about her plans for about $10 million in remaining campaign donations.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I predicted this on this thread last week. I wasn’t aware at the time 23 states already had sanctioned militias.

Here’s a scenario. The 2024 election doesn’t go the way the GOP Governors of these states wanted and they decide they won’t honor the result. It gets even more complicated and ugly if Trump is their candidate.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I predicted this on this thread last week. I wasn’t aware at the time 23 states already had sanctioned militias.

Here’s a scenario. The 2024 election doesn’t go the way the GOP Governors of these states wanted and they decide they won’t honor the result. It gets even more complicated and ugly if Trump is their candidate.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

The Parents of the Michigan School Shooter are now themselves facing charges. They are charged with four counts of homicide involuntary manslaughter.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/03/us/mi...age/index.html
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The Parents of the Michigan School Shooter are now themselves facing charges. They are charged with four counts of homicide involuntary manslaughter.

And apparently the parents are on the run.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post

Sounds like they are on the run. The current News on MSNBC is that they are missing, and possibly fugitives.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Guess we're watching the same news reports.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Just saw that. Man how crazy
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Sounds like they are on the run. The current News on MSNBC is that they are missing, and possibly fugitives.

Guess we're watching the same news reports.
    Yeah, I usually have MSNBC on but muted on my tv while I'm working.

Astonishing Member

I mean the evidence against these parents they better run. Holy ****. They were called in about his "behavior" which is searching for ammo at school while the teacher can see and letters on his desk talking about the impending slaughter.

And they have text messages of her “LOL. I’m not mad at you,” Jennifer Crumbley allegedly texted her son in response to that incident. “You have to learn not to get caught.” when he was caught searching for ammo.

Oh that bitch needs jail immediately. Her entire attitude shows why the boy is going around killing people.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I mean the evidence against these parents they better run. Holy ****. They were called in about his "behavior" which is searching for ammo at school while the teacher can see and letters on his desk talking about the impending slaughter.

And they have text messages of her “LOL. I’m not mad at you,” Jennifer Crumbley allegedly texted her son in response to that incident. “You have to learn not to get caught.” when he was caught searching for ammo.

Oh that bitch needs jail immediately. Her entire attitude shows why the boy is going around killing people.
    After his folks refused to take him home after that meeting and get him into a mental health treatment setting?

How did they not put this kid in whatever the current version of "The Nurse's Office..." until the end of the school day?

It seems like no one thought that the kid shooting other students might be right on the verge of happening.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    After his folks refused to take him home after that meeting and get him into a mental health treatment setting?

How did they not put this kid in whatever the current version of "The Nurse's Office..." until the end of the school day?

It seems like no one thought that the kid shooting other students might be right on the verge of happening.
    It seems like they didnt immediately connect the dots with "where is that gun we just bought you?" For the immediate issue.

But, the parents should KNOW if a gun should be anywhere near that kid if he's writing about disturbing thoughts etc already.

He didn't JUST crack. And she's texting him I'm not mad just dont get caught?

The dad ran home and checked for the gun immediately when they heard.

They KNEW he shouldn't have had the fucking gun if the first thing you think of when you hear there is a shooting at your kids school that hey mine maybe did it.....take all the freaking weapons and get him help immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    It seems like they didnt immediately connect the dots with "where is that gun we just bought you?" For the immediate issue.

But, the parents should KNOW if a gun should be anywhere near that kid if he's writing about disturbing thoughts etc already.

He didn't JUST crack. And she's texting him I'm not mad just dont get caught?

The dad ran home and checked for the gun immediately when they heard.

They KNEW he shouldn't have had the fucking gun if the first thing you think of when you hear there is a shooting at your kids school that hey mine maybe did it.....take all the freaking weapons and get him help immediately.
    I heard on TV that the mother texted her son something like, 'LOL, I still love you. Just don't get caught next time'

Correction: “LOL I’m not mad at you,” Jennifer Crumbley texted her son. “You have to learn not to get caught.”