Page 249 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 1491992392452462472482492502512522532592993497491249 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 75153
    Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Never underestimate the stupidity of the Republican base. They'll be there, packed to the rafters, with no masks.
    For all the grief protesters get, they at least made sure to wear masks and bring cleaning products. Conservative Republicans are all "Ah, the ScareDemic is all horse shit" and pile 6 at a time.

The June Teenth rally is not a racist dog whistle, it’s an air horn.

As other have pointed out, Trump and co. thrive on hate and divisiveness. I’m sure their expecting a counter protest and hoping that things get ugly. That way they can claim that Trump and the “really fine people” were trying to be peaceful but the radical left got violent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    https://www.democracynow.org/2020/6/...speech_on_race

So it seems that Miller really is writing the speech.
    This was supposed to be a joke...ugh.
    This administration is going to put The Onion out of business.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The June Teenth rally is not a racist dog whistle, it’s an air horn.

As other have pointed out, Trump and co. thrive on hate and divisiveness. I’m sure their expecting a counter protest and hoping that things get ugly. That way they can claim that Trump and the “really fine people” were trying to be peaceful but the radical left got violent.
    Air horn? Hell, try a tornado siren. That rally has disaster written all over it.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    NASCAR is getting rid of the Confederate flag, namely the second Navy Jack that everyone associates with, at all events. Fans, naturally, aren't too happy. One driver, in particular, is rage quitting the series he's in.

But before you get upset, maybe consider that the guy historically has sucked in the truck series, never had a top 10, and didn't even qualify for a race this season? But he's definitely going to be a pariah that's now a hero for the alt-right and the Bubbas & Betty Lous of the sport just cause "they took our flag", so he's finally getting the 15 minutes of fame he desperately craved.
    Well, all I know is, these morons better not try to jump into Formula 1, The champion is Black, and a few of the other drivers have spoken out. I don't know if the head of the FIA has said anything though.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Well, all I know is, these morons better not try to jump into Formula 1, The champion is Black, and a few of the other drivers have spoken out. I don't know if the head of the FIA has said anything though.
    If they weren't around when Bernie Ecclestone's corrupt, Nazi loving ass was in charge, what makes you think they're legit going to take an interest in open wheel racing? If it werent for the concerts, anyone outside of Austin that is American wouldn't go to the Circuit of the Americas.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Intermediary

NASCAR is getting rid of the Confederate flag, namely the second Navy Jack that everyone associates with, at all events. Fans, naturally, aren't too happy. One driver, in particular, is rage quitting the series he's in.

But before you get upset, maybe consider that the guy historically has sucked in the truck series, never had a top 10, and didn't even qualify for a race this season? But he's definitely going to be a pariah that's now a hero for the alt-right and the Bubbas & Betty Lous of the sport just cause "they took our flag", so he's finally getting the 15 minutes of fame he desperately craved.
    I thought it was hilarious that Marty Smith - ESPN guy and whose covered NASCAR for almost 20 years was like "Ive never heard of that guy...." so no one cares and he can beat feet

For all the grief protesters get, they at least made sure to wear masks and bring cleaning products. Conservative Republicans are all "Ah, the ScareDemic is all horse shit" and pile 6 at a time.
    I think the term they use is PlanDemic. They consider it an excuse for da gubbiment to seize powa. Those Damned Dirty Dems (despite the fact that the Federal government is currently run by Republicans) are finally exercising their totalitarian impulses.

As if the last two weeks haven't happened....
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    It doesn't really raise the question when we all already know the answer.
    I'm reading different interpretations about the why. Is the timing and the location part of an effort to upset anyone who has read Ta-Nehisi Coates? Or is it a signal to well-informed racists? Or is there something else?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I'm reading different interpretations about the why. Is the timing and the location part of an effort to upset anyone who has read Ta-Nehisi Coates? Or is it a signal to well-informed racists? Or is there something else?
    Both and more. Especially if it was orchestrated by Stephen Miller. This is the type of thing he might do.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Approaching 1500 now. Trump, meanwhile, is living in a fantasy land, Tweeting about how great the stock market is doing, and that "Coronavirus is in ashes" as cases spike in Texas, Florida, and Arizona. We're still seeing 1300 dead a day (a rate we should expect to be going up over the next two weeks), and we're at 113,000 dead nationwide.

He's going to have to pay a s*** ton of people to fill his rally in Oklahoma in nine days. Everyone's gonna be too afraid to leave the house.
    Closed down 1860 points, after about a 300 point loss yesterday. The entire bounce from the supposedly "better than expected jobs report" is erased.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It's all of that.

Especially since HBO's Watchmen made folks aware of this.

Every negative stereotype about black folks not being smart enough and can't get along was proven false by that.

Leave us alone and like other races-we can do fine by ourselves. Yet how many times have racism targeted us and worked to divide us.

Ultimate Member

"Black man pulled over and issued a warning for doing 65 in a 70"

This is how they do it -- they did the same with me for fake bike light/tail light/loitering tickets and have handcuffed me just for "fitting the profile".

Same with my cousin -- they pulled him over and asked him where he was going and when he answered that he was going to see his rabbi, they called his rabbi to confirm that he was going there and then still gave him a ticket afterwards.

The cops also beat one of my other cousins to the point where he had to recover at his mother's house for weeks (no health care) -- that's something that always comes to mind anytime I see a police officer in the general vicinity.

People don't believe these stories until we get them on video -- pathetic that black people have to repeatedly prove we are the victims of racism when the evidence is already out there for anyone who cares to look at it.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 06-11-2020 at 02:23 PM.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    To be fair, the funding increase is likely due to 9/11. In the years after, Police Budgets all across the country were increased to pay for all sorts of military-grade equipment and special training intended to be used in the event of a terrorist attack.
    Yeah, and I suspect that the fact that the mastermind behind the 9/11 attacks was a Muslim terrorist didn’t help with lessening the hostility towards minorities in America, suffice to say, and perhaps fueled more reasons for leaders to militarize the police, whether it was becoming out of line or not. Now that I think about it, it will be interesting to see where society will go from there in case every police department ends up being abolished in this post-9/11 generation that we live in.
    Last edited by Electricmastro; 06-11-2020 at 02:21 PM.