Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The Boeberts have you Six Massie

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2021/12/...thomas-massie/

Dont even know any more.
    It was a mistake to talk about the Massie thing at all.

He's a congressional backbencher from the outer suburbs of Kentucky.

Anyone who didn't receive the Christmas card shouldn't care.

There seem to be two possibilities.

1. This was a Christmas message to his supporters. In this case, other people shouldn't imply it was meant for them.

2. He's trying to troll the liberal media. In this case, we should ignore him and not give him what he wants.

But now that this got covered, Boebert realized it's a way to get attention, and any discussion of this gives her what she wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    Civil War or dissident? - off comments that illustrate mild critique are seized upon as a split? Crenshaw has never been mild in his rhetoric and this seems a likely extension of his background as a Vet supporting a fellow Vet in the case of his support of Kinzinger. He has been drifting away from the party core regardless of Trump's 's writing "2 down 8 to go!" about GOP Rep. Anthony Gonzalez of Ohio, who also voted to impeach Trump, after Kinzinger also announced last month his plans to leave Congress. Crenshaw is clearly showing that he wants to be part of an establishment party not a revolutionary one and will probably find that TX voters will be happier with someone else if a challenger comes along.

While Crenshaw did not vote to impeach he do co-sign with
    Rep. Chip Roy (R-TX)
    Rep. Nancy Mace (R-SC)
    Rep. John Curtis (R-UT)
    a letter condemning the pressure on Pence to hold up the electoral votes. The Steal happened and Crenshaw has been on the other side of the issue. Having won reelection in '20 he thinks he is untouchable. Stupid for a former SEAL.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/dan-cr...e-rittenhouse/
    I'm curious about how Crenshaw is drifting from the party. What policy positions does he take that are too centrist?

I know we keep ignoring comments about stolen elections, but the evidence for that claim sucks. As time goes by we get more evidence against it.

For example, a conservative law firm released their report about the 2020 election in Wisconsin (the state that tipped the electoral college to Biden.)
    https://madison.com/wsj/news/local/g...64d1afd06.html

Their conclusion is that Trump lied on January 6, and it was immoral.

“The purpose of the report is not to say that the outcome of the 2020 election is wrong,” WILL president and general counsel Rick Esenberg said. The report says it was “shameful” and “embarrassing” for Trump to call on Congress to at least delay counting electoral votes and for some of his supporters to breach the Capitol on Jan. 6, although the report disputes that it was “a serious ‘insurrection.’”
    They did have some concerns, but they conclude that the election results were not anomalous.

• The election’s results were not “anomalous,” meaning, for example, voting patterns aligned with long-term state and national trends of Democrats winning more in the cities and suburbs and Republicans winning more in rural areas.
    • A review of roughly 20,000 ballots from 30 wards, including some in Madison, found “a significant number of voters who voted for Biden and a Republican for Congress, while far fewer voters split the other way. This is consistent with the explanation that a key driver of Trump’s loss was a segment of traditional Republican voters choosing not to support him.”
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Trump White House records can be released in Jan. 6 probe pending Supreme Court review, appeals court rules

A federal appeals court on Thursday rejected former president Donald Trump’s bid to keep his White House documents secret from a congressional committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, potentially setting up an emergency review by the Supreme Court.

A three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit upheld a lower court’s opinion, which said that in a dispute between a current and past president over whether to release White House records, the sitting president must prevail.

Judges Patricia A. Millett, Robert L. Wilkins and Ketanji Brown Jackson denied Trump’s request for a preliminary injunction blocking the National Archives and Records Administration from releasing the first roughly 800 pages of disputed Trump papers after President Biden declined to assert executive privilege as requested by his predecessor, setting up the first of its kind constitutional controversy.
    The court stayed the opinion 14 days for Trump’s legal team to appeal to the Supreme Court, as they requested at a Nov. 30 hearing in case of adverse ruling.

“Benjamin Franklin said, at the founding, that we have ‘[a] Republic’—'if [we] can keep it.'” The events of January 6th exposed the fragility of those democratic institutions and traditions that we had perhaps come to take for granted,” Millett wrote a unanimous 68-page-opinion. “In response, the President of the United States and Congress have each made the judgment that access to this subset of presidential communication records is necessary to address a matter of great constitutional moment for the Republic. Former President Trump has given this court no legal reason to cast aside President Biden’s assessment of the Executive Branch interests at stake, or to create a separation of powers conflict that the Political Branches have avoided.”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It was a mistake to talk about the Massie thing at all.

He's a congressional backbencher from the outer suburbs of Kentucky.

Anyone who didn't receive the Christmas card shouldn't care.

There seem to be two possibilities.

1. This was a Christmas message to his supporters. In this case, other people shouldn't imply it was meant for them.

2. He's trying to troll the liberal media. In this case, we should ignore him and not give him what he wants.

But now that this got covered, Boebert realized it's a way to get attention, and any discussion of this gives her what she wants.
    On the one hand, I don't really disagree one bit.

On the other hand?

This blockhead is a public employee whose salary and benefits are paid for by the public.

That basic reality means that the public are entitled to call out this sort of "Clown Shoes..." garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    How about I just check with someone who had to deal with him as a member of his caucus. What did former House Speaker John Boehner's biography say about Mark Meadows?

He dealt with him for six years, so it seems that might be the best assessment we're gonna get.
    Isn't that sorta like putting stock into The Rock's opinion on if someone is a candy ass?

At this point, Boehner is one hundred percent "Bit..."

Acting like he has any real credibility is almost as goofy an endeavor as trying to work out what Meadows is actually doing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Last I heard it was a homeless man, possibly drunk, and no indication of why he did what he did. Maybe he was cold and wanted a fire to warm himself by.
    Faux News is milking the burning tree for everything its worth. I like how their own contributors sneak in jibes in-between the wall to wall coverage.
    They care more about the tree than insurrectionists, antivaxxers, or telling their audience the truth every now and then.

I understand Billy Joel was questioned by the police. I believe they wondered if his band was involved with the Fox Xmas tree. They were satisfied with his claim that "We didn't..."
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I understand Billy Joel was questioned by the police. I believe they wondered if his band was involved with the Fox Xmas tree. They were satisfied with his claim that "We didn't..."
    I was wondering if someone would go there.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Faux News is milking the burning tree for everything its worth. I like how their own contributors sneak in jibes in-between the wall to wall coverage.
    They care more about the tree than insurrectionists, antivaxxers, or telling their audience the truth every now and then.
    This is not just an attack on Fox News. This is an attack on Christmas, Jesus, and 'Ermerica!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

There was a large Christmas tree set aflame in Oakland, California a couple of days ago, too. A big one, 52 feet in height, that goes up in Jack London Square every year. New trend? Fire Dept says it was arson.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 12-09-2021 at 04:26 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Actor Jussie Smollett found guilty of lying to police in hate crime hoax
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/09/us/ju...ons/index.html

Actor Jussie Smollett has been found guilty on five of six felony counts of disorderly conduct for making a false report to Chicago police that he was the victim of a hate crime in January 2019, an attack prosecutors said he staged.

The jury of six men and six women deliberated for more than nine hours over Wednesday and Thursday.

A disorderly conduct charge for a false crime report is a Class 4 felony and punishable by up to three years in prison and a $25,000 fine. Cook County Judge James Linn will have discretion in imposing a concurrent or consecutive sentence for each count at a later date.
    As a gay man, I was horrified when I heard about the attack but then became even more horrified when it was revealed that he lied.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

As a gay man, I was horrified when I heard about the attack but then became even more horrified when it was revealed that he lied.
    Yeah he ruined his career, the show he was on trajectory. And he cast a bad light on people that actually experience these things with this mess.

He had his day in court and now getting what he deserves.

Yeah he ruined his career, the show he was on trajectory. And he cast a bad light on people that actually experience these things with this mess.

Exactly that. Well said.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

And the sad thing is how many other stories are going to go ignored because people are thinking they are lying like he did, or how many will go unreported because they fear they will be told they are lying? he wanted to help his career with the attention but he may have set things back and make it harder for real victims in the furture.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

That idiot tried to stir up one colossal hornet’s nest and it blew up in his face. He got what he deserved, and then some.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

https://twitter.com/i/events/1469006464324968451

In October, people in Georgia protested the Spalding county's election board, upset that they disallowed early voting on Sundays for the Nov. 2 municipal election — a day that was previously key in boosting Black voter turnout.

The Georgia restructurings are part of a national Republican effort to expand control over election administration in the wake of Trump’s false voter-fraud claims.
    Photo via @Reuters
    Nothing to see here, folks! Just a fascist, racist take over of elections designed to suppress black voters.

Now a faction of three white Republicans controlled the board and the Spalding board’s new chairman has endorsed former president Donald Trump’s false stolen-election claims on social media https://reut.rs/3GrhzBK 3/5
    This take over of elections is going to have disastrous consequences for our Democracy.