Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I'd settle for anything prohibiting him from running for public office again.
    If I was going to make a prediction, it would be that Trump won't/will not be able to run for re-election. He might try, he might make noises along those lines as long as anyone will listen to him, but he's skating on thin ice and a whole world of hurt is going to be piled on him over the next few years. Eventually the ice will crack and give way.

As long as Trump thinks he can avoid civil or criminal charges, he'll keep it up like a quarterback making a run for the goal while his linebackers keep pushing the opposition aside. However, if Team Trump falls apart, if the opposing teams become too much of a threat, Trump might very well try and run away. Literally.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    If I was going to make a prediction, it would be that Trump won't/will not be able to run for re-election. He might try, he might make noises along those lines as long as anyone will listen to him, but he's skating on thin ice and a whole world of hurt is going to be piled on him over the next few years. Eventually the ice will crack and give way.

As long as Trump thinks he can avoid civil or criminal charges, he'll keep it up like a quarterback making a run for the goal while his linebackers keep pushing the opposition aside. However, if Team Trump falls apart, if the opposing teams become too much of a threat, Trump might very well try and run away. Literally.
    Something else to consider: Trump will be 78 by the time 2024 rolls around, he’s already dodged the COVID bullet once, and depending upon what story you believe, he had been in very bad shape. Can his health hold up under a full campaign, especially given his cavalier attitude towards the virus and his reticence when it comes to masking while in public? He’d be a fool if he didn’t consider that.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Something else to consider: Trump will be 78 by the time 2024 rolls around, he’s already dodged the COVID bullet once, and depending upon what story you believe, he had been in very bad shape. Can his health hold up under a full campaign, especially given his cavalier attitude towards the virus and his reticence when it comes to masking while in public? He’d be a fool if he didn’t consider that.
    Trump is a few years younger than Biden.

That makes it hard for Democrats to make an issue of his age (they should make an issue of his ineffectiveness as President but that's a different story.)

He's unlikely to be at much risk of Covid. By all accounts, the effect of an infection on someone who has natural immunity and has been vaccinated, as is the case with Trump. will be relatively minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    Hence, stealing elections is the only recourse to save democracy from itself - LOL Sick distortions of Trump as "truth" have been on him since day one by the media and rendered critiques pointless. It has been the ultimate rubber vs glue Na-nana-naa-nah!
    How is ChadH's post supportive of stealing elections?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    My hope is that the Jan 6 investigation will turn something up that will put a stake in the heart of Trumps chances for re-election.
    If Democrats were any good at messaging, they pretty much have everything they need right now. The PowerPoint turned over by Mark Meadows shows that Trump doesn't give a fuck who Americans voted for and tried everything he could to overturn the Election. The administration also did not reveal his positive COVID result to the public (despite a repeat test with a 'negative' result), thus removing the agency of others to not attend events that he did for fear of catching it.

Democrats suck so badly at publicity! If a Democratic candidate did one tenth of the shitty things that Trump has done and allegedly done, they would stand zero chance of winning the Presidency. Dems should seriously consider running something like 'FUCK YOUR VOTE, I'M PRESIDENT NOW!!!' -Trump (although a little less salty).
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    If Democrats were any good at messaging, they pretty much have everything they need right now. The PowerPoint turned over by Mark Meadows shows that Trump doesn't give a fuck who Americans voted for and tried everything he could to overturn the Election. The administration also did not reveal his positive COVID result to the public (despite a repeat test with a 'negative' result), thus removing the agency of others to not attend events that he did for fear of catching it.

Democrats suck so badly at publicity! If a Democratic candidate did one tenth of the shitty things that Trump has done and allegedly done, they would stand zero chance of winning the Presidency. Dems should seriously consider running something like 'FUCK YOUR VOTE, I'M PRESIDENT NOW!!!' -Trump (although a little less salty).
    Democrats don't even have to do the shitty things, the last few weeks the news was been talking about Kamala Harris buying the wrong brand of pans and headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Trump is a few years younger than Biden.

That makes it hard for Democrats to make an issue of his age (they should make an issue of his ineffectiveness as President but that's a different story.)

He's unlikely to be at much risk of Covid. By all accounts, the effect of an infection on someone who has natural immunity and has been vaccinated, as is the case with Trump. will be relatively minimal.

How is ChadH's post supportive of stealing elections?
    We're not necessarily talking about Democrats making Trump's age an issue. We're talking about whether or not his health will hold out for a months long Presidential campaign. We often talk about the same issue for Biden.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    These storms were really bad. Kentucky got hit really hard.

I got hit hard in my area. I lost power for 6 hours and a good sized Storage building in my back yard collapsed so I have to go out there and see what I can salvage.

I am just glad it was not worse for me and I am very sad for those who were hurt and the families who lost homes and loved ones.
    We had sirens going off, and my family and I had to shelter for a time in an interior room.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Twitter Link

Let's see how the SCOTUS handles this.
    My bet is that they will say, unlike abortion, the right to bear arms is directly enshrined in the constitution via the 2nd amendment.

That old bastard will stay alive just to spite us all.

The media isn't helping Democrats' messaging regarding January 6th, that's for sure. They can't manage to put the pieces together, and we just get leaks here and there that when tied together, are truly damning. It was a coup attempt. It was planned. In the past week, we've learned:

This was a coup attempt. It was orchestrated, and planned. Just a lot of parts of the plan (that we're only now getting confirmation on) failed. Had the pipe bombs gone off at the RNC and DNC, Trump probably would have declared martial law.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Biden 'deeply troubled' by Kellogg's plan to replace striking workers
    https://www.reuters.com/world/us/bid...rs-2021-12-10/

U.S. President Joe Biden said he was "deeply troubled" by Kellogg Co's plans to hire permanent replacements for striking unionized employees after they voted down a proposed contract this week.

Biden, who has put unions at the center of his policymaking, said such actions undermine the critical role collective bargaining plays in giving workers a voice.

"Permanently replacing striking workers is an existential attack on the union and its members' jobs and livelihoods. I have long opposed permanent striker replacements and I strongly support legislation that would ban that practice," Biden said in a statement.
    I agree with Biden. Some of the workers have been steadily striking since October and because they're firm in their stance, Kellogg's wants to replace them.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The media isn't helping Democrats' messaging regarding January 6th, that's for sure. They can't manage to put the pieces together, and we just get leaks here and there that when tied together, are truly damning. It was a coup attempt. It was planned. In the past week, we've learned:

This was a coup attempt. It was orchestrated, and planned. Just a lot of parts of the plan (that we're only now getting confirmation on) failed. Had the pipe bombs gone off at the RNC and DNC, Trump probably would have declared martial law.
    Much like when the Nazis seized special powers after the Reichstag burned.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 12-12-2021 at 07:03 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

Hell, the media is still calling what happened on 1/6 simply “a riot” when it was much, MUCH more than that. I’m of the opinion the media refuses to come right out and accuse the GQP of having staged a coup, perhaps out of fear of being accused of partisanship. But, like the old tag line from The X-Files goes, “The truth is out there”.

Hell, the media is still calling what happened on 1/6 simply “a riot” when it was much, MUCH more than that. I’m of the opinion the media refuses to come right out and accuse the GQP of having staged a coup, perhaps out of fear of being accused of partisanship. But, like the old tag line from The X-Files goes, “The truth is out there”.
    it aint just the Media. The Dems who are in the House and Senate. I am sure they know better in the media or any of us what went down that day. And yet none of them are calling out the GOP. Why are they not telling everyone who will listen what they know or saw or heard?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    it aint just the Media. The Dems who are in the House and Senate. I am sure they know better in the media or any of us what went down that day. And yet none of them are calling out the GOP. Why are they not telling everyone who will listen what they know or saw or heard?
    Calling out Qpublcans is a useless exercise because they’ll simply lie and/or deny the facts, then go on Faux News en masse and accuse Democrats of rabble rousing.

Calling out Qpublcans is a useless exercise because they’ll simply lie and/or deny the facts, then go on Faux News en masse and accuse Democrats of rabble rousing.
    Its not useless at all. When they lie call them out. Remaining quiet is worse then useless it is dangerous. Call them out and let them go on record with a lie or denying it. it wont change the minds of the Q nut jobs but they will never vote for Dems any way. But I hate seeing the Dems talk about being angry and then sending one or two tweets and then being silent.

The Dems with the silence and taking the high road are driving them self right out of office.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

And they aren't taken to task on "liberal media" either.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!