Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    If they know for sure the election is stolen, they should be using their platforms to make that case and present the evidence which is so far missing.
    Missing because the the courts have blocked discovery or missing because they ballots have been cleaned of ID? When the system won't help then the system is part of the problem. It took weeks to just identify some of the election workers involved in questionable activities.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Actually, instead of "using their platforms" to make their case, they should be presenting their evidence to law enforcement officials and to the courts. Oh wait, when they do that their claims are kicked out for lack of actual evidence. So yeah, they will have to rely on "using their platforms", i.e., posting to the Internet and going on right-wing TV and radio programs to repeat their "The election was stolen through fraud!" big lie.
    Umm not in many of the cases - as standing and timing were cited in many of the "reasons" for not granting a case.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The FoxNews texts and emails really show they were considered part of the Trump Administration.
    And demonstrates how much power Trump actually had over the situation and his deliberate unwillingness to stop it. Sort of like a policeman who stands and watches a violent mugging without interfering. I’d think some sort of criminal charges would apply there.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    Umm not in many of the cases - as standing and timing were cited in many of the "reasons" for not granting a case.
    When you say “many” how many exactly?
    What was the iron-clad, indisputable evidence that would’ve been presented in these “many” cases?
    These questions are important to your argument.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Astonishing Member

Missing because the the courts have blocked discovery or missing because they ballots have been cleaned of ID? When the system won't help then the system is part of the problem. It took weeks to just identify some of the election workers involved in questionable activities.
    The courts have blocked discovery? Actually, the courts have tossed the cases because (1) the people bringing the cases had no grounds to be a plaintiff or the courts in which the motions were filed had no jurisdiction over the matter, or (2) the plaintiffs had no actual evidence to substantiate their claims other than affidavits which made claims that couldn't be substantiated (or in many cases hadn't even been investigated by the plaintiffs). As for "ballots have been cleaned of ID". I don't understand what you mean. Ballots are prohibited from being associated with the voters who cast them. What is a fact is that all hand counts of the actual paper ballots have confirmed the results that were certified in each State.

Astonishing Member

Standing and timing are perfectly valid reasons for refusing to hear a case. For instance, the GOP in Pennsylvania challenged the law under which the election was carried out in that State. However. timing is everything - that law had been passed over two years earlier (by a GOP-controlled legislature!!!), and it had already been used in previous elections, including the GOP's own primary in the spring. It wasn't until they lost the general election in the fall that the Republican Party declared that the law was invalid. As the court pointed out, they had plenty of time to make that case before the election, and the fact that they didn't (as well as the fact that they conducted their own primary under that law, with no complaint) renders their after-the-fact suit moot.

I just read the same thing, that they're going to shelve it for next year and focus on voting rights legislation.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I wonder if the evidence that the GOP and their cult claims to have about the stolen election is anything like the evidence they claim to have that Antifa and BLM were reasonable for the 6th. You know the evidence they claim to have and cant wait to make public but then refuse to show and file law suits to stop records from being turned over. The evidence they cant wait to show to the commission but then pretty much everyone who has been called to testify before the commission has refused to do so?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Two Jan. 6 Organizers Are Coming Forward and Naming Names: ‘We’re Turning It All Over’

Two key organizers of the main Jan. 6 rally in Washington, D.C. are coming in from the cold.

Dustin Stockton and Jennifer Lynn Lawrence are set to testify next week before the House select committee investigating the attack on the U.S. Capitol. The pair will deliver testimony and turn over documents, including text messages, that indicate the extensive involvement members of Congress and the Trump administration had in planning the House challenge to certifying Biden’s election and rally near the White House where Donald Trump spoke — efforts that ultimately contributed to a massive and violent attack on the Capitol.

Among the documents the couple is providing are conversations they had with staffers and members of Congress as they planned the main rally that took place on the White House Ellipse that day. Stockton described these discussions as largely logistical and focused on planning the members’ participation in objections to the electoral certification on the House floor and various events that were staged to protest against the election. They include Instagram messages Lawrence exchanged with Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-N.C.) as she tried to get him to speak at the Ellipse rally. Cawthorn, whose office did not immediately respond to a request for comment, ultimately appeared onstage at that event.
    Stockton and Lawrence have spent the past few weeks on the move, switching between their R.V. and various hotels and hideouts. Apart from Louis, a greyhound-beagle mix who has accompanied them back and forth across the country, the couple have few of their old friends left. The legal drama and infighting have left them cut off from political work; Stockton is keeping them afloat with what he describes as “a variety of side hustles.”
    Being caught between those on the right they think might want to silence them and a Democrat-led committee that’s hit them with subpoenas and potentially large legal bills has left them with what Stockton labels “a sense of paranoia.” The couple have packed their things up and switched locations in the middle of the night at least once when they became suspicious of a group of “paramilitary-looking” young men. When they first made contact with the committee, the meeting, they say, was a disaster that left them with real questions about who they could trust. They’ve spent most of the past few months on the run.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I'd be paranoid, too, if I broke the law, betrayed my country, and the people I did it for lost & now want my head.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Jim Jordan sent one of the texts to Mark Meadows highlighted this week by the Jan. 6 panel.

What's the latest: Rep. Jim Jordan’s (R-Ohio) office confirmed that he is the sender of a text message to former White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, partially revealed this week by the Jan. 6 committee.

Here's the full text: “On January 6, 2021, Vice President Mike Pence, as President of the Senate, should call out all the electoral votes that he believes are unconstitutional as no electoral votes at all — in accordance with guidance from founding father Alexander Hamilton and judicial precedence. ‘No legislative act,’ wrote Alexander Hamilton in Federalist No. 78, ‘contrary to the Constitution, can be valid.’ The court in Hubbard v. Lowe reinforced this truth: ‘That an unconstitutional statute is not a law at all is a proposition no longer open to discussion.’ 226 F. 135, 137 (SDNY 1915), appeal dismissed, 242 U.S. 654 (1916).”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I'd be paranoid, too, if I broke the law, betrayed my country, and the people I did it for lost & now want my head.
    Thoughts and prayers, yo!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Cnn has talked about this story. MSNBC has talked about this story. You know who has not? Fox News. They however do a ten minute story on rising crime in America even more so in the cites run by Dems, all the Americans left behind in Afghanistan and the starving children and then they followed with a big story on Biden's Inflation. Guess they havnt gotten together to see how they are going to spin this yet.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

If I was a Trump supporter , proclaiming "stolen election" and more nonsense after its been revealed he literally knew it was fucking lies with his people to spread to attempt a political coup on the 6th , the last thing I'd do is stick with it. Because ...

1- You now know it was literal bullshit him and his folks spread to do this.

2- You now know why he did this and how he attempted a coup.

3- If you know all this now and continue the nonsense you literally give no f--ks for our democracy ever.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    With Trump's failure and attitude, you'd think people would be rushing to bury him. He's unlikely to forget their failure, he's a cliche villain that way (and many others)