Page 252 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 1522022422482492502512522532542552562623023527521252 ... LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 75153
    Mighty Member

And again if you look at my link, more whites were shot dead by police over the last three years than blacks. No bias, no slant, just trying to show statistical facts. I wasn't making a false argument that other lives don't matter when it comes to police violence. Stop twisting my words. What I'm saying is that when it comes to police violence and what those lives mean when police violence happens to them, is what happened to George Floyd was bad. But it would be just as bad as if it happened to another black, a white, an asian a hispanic, a muslim, a Christian, a woman, a gay man/woman. I repeat: Police violence/assault should not happen to anyone, no matter the race or sex or sexual orientation.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    I wasn't making a false argument that other lives don't matter when it comes to police violence. Stop twisting my words.
    So again, as unbiased as I can ask, why don't other lives whites hispanics asians and other races, matter too, when it comes to police violence?
    That's literally exactly what you said -- as if saying Black Lives Matters means other lives "don't" matter "too".

Your bias is clear -- at the very least own up to it so you can have a real conversation on the issue.

Or better yet do the research for yourself since I doubt any talk of mathematical concepts (such as ratios) is going to sway your perspective.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 06-11-2020 at 06:51 PM.

And again if you look at my link, more whites were shot dead by police over the last three years than blacks. No bias, no slant, just trying to show statistical facts. I wasn't making a false argument that other lives don't matter when it comes to police violence. Stop twisting my words. What I'm saying is that when it comes to police violence and what those lives mean when police violence happens to them, is what happened to George Floyd was bad. But it would be just as bad as if it happened to another black, a white, an asian a hispanic, a muslim, a Christian, a woman, a gay man/woman. I repeat: Police violence/assault should not happen to anyone, no matter the race or sex or sexual orientation.
    Which don't really mean much when they don't actually break down how many of the folks in the overall number were killed in what could have been an unacceptable police response.

They are garbage numbers because they don't really have anything to do with what is actually creating the protests that are currently happening.

Mighty Member

No, what I am saying is that Black Lives matter just as much as all other lives do. I do agree that some changes do need to be made. But if another person no matter the race religion or orientation were assaulted the same way George Floyd was there would need to be changes made as well.

Ultimate Member

No, what I am saying is that Black Lives matter just as much as all other lives do.
    Then back that up with action and hold the police accountable.

As well as the Republicans -- such as Trump and Sessions and McConnell -- who block and roll back nearly all attempts at reform.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 06-11-2020 at 06:56 PM.

No, what I am saying is that Black Lives matter just as much as all other lives do. I do agree that some changes do need to be made. But if another person no matter the race religion or orientation were assaulted the same way George Floyd was there would need to be changes made as well.
    Again, see the introduction of the Body Count video above.

You are essentially attempting to address a situation that we have no reason to actually believe exists.

We do know that a certain group of Americans is being killed in the way that is leading to protests. Trying to create a situation where we should not be specific about who that group is makes little to no sense.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Wow! Trump has presided over 19 of the 20 largest single day point drops in the history of the Dow Jones and 3 of the largest percentage changes (2 of which are in the top 5).

List of largest daily changes in the Dow Jones Industrial Average
    Republicans -- constantly sinking to new lows on every possible level.

Start with "police stops by race" and then go to "police brutality by race" and "prison sentence by race"
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

So, removal of Confederate flags and monuments, what is the U.S. trying to erase the Civil War from their history? Revisionist history? What's next removing all the history books from stores and libraries? It's not going to change the fact that that did happen. As far as the renaming of the forts, I'm calling BS on that one. 1985 no one had a problem 1995 no one had a problem early 2000s no one said a peep. Now a black guy gets killed by one police officer while 4 are standing by and now fort names matter? Ask your neighbors if they know who Fort Hood was named for. See if they know anything about John Bell Hood. historical facts. Robert E. Lee was a slaveowner at one one time. But, he freed his slaves and detested slavery. He was against secession. The only reason he joined the Confederacy was because Virginia seceded and he felt he couldn't go against his "country". Shoot a lot of the soldiers that fought and died for the Confederacy weren't even slaveowners or even had mansions. They were just farm boys. They were fighting for a cause they believed in. Some of these protestors need to do a little research. A lot of brave soldiers fought and died to preserve the Union. These monument removals spit and desecrates on their memory. All Lives Matter. Black White Brown, whatever. And no by saying ALM I'm not ignoring the fact that what happened to George Floyd was unfortunate. It's a shame that happened as it would be a shame that it would happen to anyone, hence all lives mattering. If for example, a white man was killed by a policeman or a Hispanic or whatever, why shouldn't their lives matter too?
    The plethora of Confederate monuments are the attempt at rewriting history by hiding the grimy parts from descendants who didn't want to remember what a horrible cause was being fought for. Tearing them down isn't erasing history, it's course correction.

And the military should have changed the name of Fort Bragg a looonnng time ago. The guy wasn't just a traitor, but an incompetent buffoon on top of it. He isn't even deserving of the honor of being a capable foe. Look up his war record. He's the Maclellan of the West, but without the good points.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Incredible Member

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...olice-by-race/

In the last three years, 2017 457 whites were shot by police, 399 in 2018 370 in 2019 and so far in 2020, 172. By comparison blacks shot by police 223 in 2017, 209 in 2018, 235 in 2019, and so far in 2020, 88. So, over the last three years, more whites were shot to death by police than blacks, and as you can probably see in the link, more than other races. Statistical facts can't lie. So again, as unbiased as I can ask, why don't other lives whites hispanics asians and other races, matter too, when it comes to police violence?
    Hi, sorry if I don't express myself well, english is not my first language and I'm not a math fan so I may be wrong, in that case my apologies.You say statistic dont lie, sure! So let's give the pure numbers, if I understand correctly. 457 white people and 223 black people were shot , except that black people make up for 12% of the population while white people make up for 60%. In terms of proportion many more black people are shot by the police than white people. Which means that if you're black, you've got many more chances to be shot by the police.
    Last edited by mogwen; 06-11-2020 at 07:42 PM.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Tom Cotton always has a way with words.

Sen. Tom Cotton: "Are we going to tear the Washington Monument down? Are we going to rename it the Obelisk of Wokeness?" https://t.co/gPTACs2Ep6

You're calling me a bigot? Sir, or ma'am I am definitely not. My true colors? My true colors are I don't want anything bad to happen to anyone.
    Sure. You're a bigot.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

If more Whites are killed by police then that is their problem for staying silent. Just cuz they like being treated like **** don't mean the rest of us gotta take it. If other groups want to start their own movement then nothing is stopping them. In fact plenty of other groups have spoken up about how they are abused. But once again, other groups silence, especially white silence, doesn't mean the rest of us can't stand up for ourselves.
    Last edited by Mecegirl; 06-11-2020 at 07:49 PM.

These monument removals spit and desecrates on their memory.
    And?

10char.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

So, removal of Confederate flags and monuments, what is the U.S. trying to erase the Civil War from their history? Revisionist history? What's next removing all the history books from stores and libraries? It's not going to change the fact that that did happen. As far as the renaming of the forts, I'm calling BS on that one. 1985 no one had a problem 1995 no one had a problem early 2000s no one said a peep. Now a black guy gets killed by one police officer while 4 are standing by and now fort names matter? Ask your neighbors if they know who Fort Hood was named for. See if they know anything about John Bell Hood. historical facts. Robert E. Lee was a slaveowner at one one time. But, he freed his slaves and detested slavery. He was against secession. The only reason he joined the Confederacy was because Virginia seceded and he felt he couldn't go against his "country". Shoot a lot of the soldiers that fought and died for the Confederacy weren't even slaveowners or even had mansions. They were just farm boys. They were fighting for a cause they believed in. Some of these protestors need to do a little research. A lot of brave soldiers fought and died to preserve the Union. These monument removals spit and desecrates on their memory. All Lives Matter. Black White Brown, whatever. And no by saying ALM I'm not ignoring the fact that what happened to George Floyd was unfortunate. It's a shame that happened as it would be a shame that it would happen to anyone, hence all lives mattering. If for example, a white man was killed by a policeman or a Hispanic or whatever, why shouldn't their lives matter too?
    It's not so much about erasing history as giving the finger to racist assholes.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe