On this date in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, as well as 2020, “Fanatical Republican Extremist of the Day posted profiles of Florida State Senator Kathleen Passidomo, a member of the Florida House of Representatives who first appeared on the political scene in 2010, who since taking office, has fought hard to allow banks to be able to shorten the amount of time needed before they could seek foreclosure on homes, from five years to one. What really made Passidomo newsworthy, however, was the day she tried to get dress code restrictions passed for Florida schools by trying to justify it after news reports were released about a group of teenage boys in Cleveland, Texas, gang-raping an 11-year old girl, where Passidomo started blaming the victim and saying it was because “she dressed like a prostitute”. When the media reported her utterly disgusting remarks, Passidomo then started playing the victim, herself, and saying he was “really hurt” that people were outraged.

Passidomo was allowed to run for the Florida State Senate for the first time in 2016 unopposed, and she managed to be re-elected in 2018 with 66% of the vote to a second term in the Florida State Senate. Now, this might seem strange to most, but the Florida GOP held a vote to name Passidomo their President of the Florida State Senate… starting in 2022-2024. Apparently, term limits mean that they are jockeying into place, and they’ve decided anyone who is friendly to big banks, thinks that placing guns on school campuses will solve mass shootings on them, and apologizes enough for rape is someone that fits their long term strategy.

On the day she was sworn in to be the President of the Florida State Senate, she, for whatever reason, railed against the state of California, declaring that there, “something went wrong”, and then, while beaming at the Sunshine State’s very own fascist overlord, Gov. Ron DeSantis, had the unmitigated gall to praise his “strong, conservative leadership” during the COVID-19 pandemic without irony… at the time, DeSantis’ tenure as the political head of a bizarre death cult has seen more than 58,000 Floridians dead of the disease he has been so “strong” on, and sickened 3.6 million.

We’re hoping voters bounce Passidomo in 2022, but if not, she is term-limited to bugger off in 2024.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Joe Manchin Privately Told Colleagues Parents Use Child Tax Credit Money On Drugs

WASHINGTON — After months of haggling with President Joe Biden and other Democrats, Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) dashed his party’s hopes on Sunday by announcing he wouldn’t vote for the Build Back Better legislation.

Publicly, his biggest gripes are about the cost of the bill. But privately, Manchin has told his colleagues that he essentially doesn’t trust low-income people to spend government money wisely.

In recent months, Manchin has told several of his fellow Democrats that he thought parents would waste monthly child tax credit payments on drugs instead of providing for their children, according to two sources familiar with the senator’s comments.

Continuing the child tax credit for another year is a core part of the Build Back Better legislation that Democrats had hoped to pass by the end of the year. The policy has already cut child poverty by nearly 30%.

Manchin’s private comments shocked several senators, who saw it as an unfair assault on his own constituents and those struggling to raise children in poverty.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

@business Editor-in-Chief Emeritus @Matthew_Winkler
    : "America’s economy improved more in Joe Biden's first 12 months than any president during the past 50 years notwithstanding the contrary media narrative contributing to dour public opinion."
    Twitter Link

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    At least you're consistent about showing a lack of any kind of ethical expectations on politicians.

"My party's corrupt and greedy, why isn't your side willing to bribe people?"
    If you read all the posts you would see that I think he's doing what he believes to be right. I'm not the type of person who thinks someone who disagrees with me is evil just because they have fifteenth different policy preferences. I was just considering the logical implications of your view.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    I'm sure that wouldn't backfire at all. Besides, can they even compete with all of the money him and Sinema are getting from rich Republican donors?

Manchin, Sinema Increasingly Receive Campaign Contributions From Republican Donors
    If it's about money, the left should be able to match the right. We've seen quite a few elections where Democrats outraised Republicans but if Manchin is motivated by selfishness there at other ways to reward him, such as promising him or his family spots on boards that pay well for little work.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I just saw Debbie Dingell say "People are stunned by what Manchin did..."

Lady, I ain't even surprised.

Folks did not want to vote for infrastructure based on that this is exactly what would happen once they did.
    Schumer just said they will vote anyways. Good key Manchin vote against it, let the tax credit expire, then put out how he thought poor people would buy drugs with it and add in how his criminal daughter from bad stock raised a lifesaving drug like an epipen 600%.

Let that be his legacy and make him a pariah

Breaking story from CNN- Trump is suing NY Attorney General to stop investigation into his company.

He's asking a federal court to halt or limit her office's ongoing investigations, and is also seeking to enjoin Letitia James' involvement in any civil or criminal actions against Trump or his company.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

And Manchin knows this how? Some might say there was more than a little element of racism to what he said, all but accusing blacks and/or Latinos of being bad parents. To call Manchin swine is an insult to pigs the world over.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And Manchin knows this how? Some might say there was more than a little element of racism to what he said, all but accusing blacks and/or Latinos of being bad parents. To call Manchin swine is an insult to pigs the world over.
    I can't help but think that a guy with an expensive car and a yacht telling people who can't afford such luxuries that they are financially irresponsible seems to me to be the height of hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    If you read all the posts you would see that I think he's doing what he believes to be right. I'm not the type of person who thinks someone who disagrees with me is evil just because they have fifteenth different policy preferences. I was just considering the logical implications of your view.
    If it's about money, the left should be able to match the right. We've seen quite a few elections where Democrats outraised Republicans but if Manchin is motivated by selfishness there at other ways to reward him, such as promising him or his family spots on boards that pay well for little work.
    Except the left’s policies conflict with his own business interests, the majority or which are based in fossil fuels. I believe his son also owns a coal mining business.

Since he got into WV politics back in the late nineties when the state was Blue that may be the only reason he’s a Democrat. He just signed on to get elected. Sort of how Trump became a Republican in 2015.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Florida Democrat on January 6 committee announces she won't run for reelection
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/20/polit...ion/index.html

Rep. Stephanie Murphy, a Florida Democrat and a member of the House select committee investigating the January 6 US Capitol riot, announced Monday she would not run for reelection.

"I've decided not to seek another term in Congress. Serving Central Florida has been the honor of my life, but it's also been incredibly challenging for my family and me," Murphy said in a tweet, which also featured a video announcement of her plans.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Florida Democrat on January 6 committee announces she won't run for reelection
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/20/polit...ion/index.html
    There have been a ton Of Dems that are not going to run again. What is going on?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    There have been a ton Of Dems that are not going to run again. What is going on?
    I've seen plenty of Republicans not running either.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

New Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg pledges to focus on Trump investigations

The investigation, which has been underway for several years, appears to be coming to a head with prosecutors focusing on the accuracy of the Trump Organization's financial statements when seeking financing, people familiar with the matter have told CNN.

Prosecutors have begun bringing witnesses before the grand jury, including a key Trump accountant and two Forbes journalists. They have also recently interviewed employees from Deutsche Bank, one of Trump's main lenders. The ongoing investigation follows criminal charges announced in July alleging the Trump Organization and its chief financial officer engaged in a 15-year tax fraud scheme. Trump Organization and the CFO, Allen Weisselberg, have pleaded not guilty.

Trump sues N.Y. Attorney General Letitia James over investigations into his business

Well, I suppose that's one way to stop an investigation into your illegal actions. Well, it isn't, but points for trying.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    A lot of these folks are just TIRED.

This has gotten too messy.

This is mess I would have expected under Obama but he was tame compared to what followed after him.