Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Trump sues N.Y. Attorney General Letitia James over investigations into his business

Well, I suppose that's one way to stop an investigation into your illegal actions. Well, it isn't, but points for trying.
    Trump is approaching those trials like he did contractors suing him: bully them, play for time and eventually they will give up. That's probably why some posters here expect the trials to go nowhere among "endless appeals".

That's not how it works with the government. The government won't run out of money for attorneys. The government won't have to get back to working on other construction sites. The government has patience to bring Trump to justice.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    A lot of these folks are just TIRED.

This has gotten too messy.

This is mess I would have expected under Obama but he was tame compared to what followed after him.
    I guess it shouldnt be to shocking. We had a guy in Ohio A Republican who did not run for reelection and he wzas there forever. Just said things got too toxic. Then he put a book out.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Trump is approaching those trials like he did contractors suing him: bully them, play for time and eventually they will give up. That's probably why some posters here expect the trials to go nowhere among "endless appeals".

That's not how it works with the government. The government won't run out of money for attorneys. The government won't have to get back to working on other construction sites. The government has patience to bring Trump to justice.
    I dont expect the trials to go no where. As far as reaching a verdict. But as far as Trump sitting in jail, I have always said that that will never happen on any case.

Like this Law Suit. I am sure Trump knows it will fail. But how long is it going to take to go through the legal process of getting settled. And that is just this law suit. Then there is the investigation, the charges, motions on what evidence can be admitted and what cant be, then the trial itself, then the verdict, then the appeals etc.. Years I mean years. yea the goverment wont get tired and they will stay with it. but Trump will be dead before he gets around to serving time on anything.

Even in the above case it states Trump has not been accused of any wrong doing. So if something about him does come from this then the process has to start all over again.

And if by some miracle Trump ever does come to trial. his best bet is a jury Trial. Im sure his lawyers can get a couple of his backers to give him a hung jury. Trump is never going to make that long dreamed of Perp Walk or spend a minute behind bars on anything.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I dont expect the trials to go no where. As far as reaching a verdict. But as far as Trump sitting in jail, I have always said that that will never happen on any case.

Like this Law Suit. I am sure Trump knows it will fail. But how long is it going to take to go through the legal process of getting settled. And that is just this law suit. Then there is the investigation, the charges, motions on what evidence can be admitted and what cant be, then the trial itself, then the verdict, then the appeals etc.. Years I mean years. yea the goverment wont get tired and they will stay with it. but Trump will be dead before he gets around to serving time on anything.

Even in the above case it states Trump has not been accused of any wrong doing. So if something about him does come from this then the process has to start all over again.

And if by some miracle Trump ever does come to trial. his best bet is a jury Trial. Im sure his lawyers can get a couple of his backers to give him a hung jury. Trump is never going to make that long dreamed of Perp Walk or spend a minute behind bars on anything.
    A judge would have to take this frivolous suit in order for it to have to get settled.

Astonishing Member

There have been a ton Of Dems that are not going to run again. What is going on?
    They are anticipating that the GOP will win a majority of the House in the 2022 election. Even if they win in their own districts, they know that when you're a Democratic Representative in a Republican-controlled House, there's hardly any point in your even showing up. Nothing you want to accomplish will get done, and everything you want to stop will get passed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    A judge would have to take this frivolous suit in order for it to have to get settled.
    Even if they throw the case out it says in the article that Trump is not charged in this probe. So even if it goes forward they would have to dig up dirt on Trump and they will have to make it big dirt to get it to stick. Maybe they are hoping the guy charges rolls on Trump for a deal? or rolls on a guy who may have dirt on Trump? So that will take a lot of time. Trump is 75 years old and not at top peak condition. How long does he have? So yea things drag on and on which they will. Trump will be dead before jail.
    Last edited by babyblob; 12-20-2021 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    They are anticipating that the GOP will win a majority of the House in the 2022 election. Even if they win in their own districts, they know that when you're a Democratic Representative in a Republican-controlled House, there's hardly any point in your even showing up. Nothing you want to accomplish will get done, and everything you want to stop will get passed anyway.
    That really sounds like a "I am giving up because we look to be underdogs." I get it but I hate it.

Manchin’s private offer to Biden included pre-K, climate money, Obamacare — but excluded child benefit

Sen. Joe Manchin III last week made the White House a concrete counteroffer for its spending bill, saying he would accept a $1.8 trillion package that included universal prekindergarten for 10 years, an expansion of Obamacare and hundreds of billions of dollars to combat climate change, three people familiar with the matter said.

But the West Virginia Democrat’s counteroffer excluded an extension of the expanded child tax credit the administration has seen as a cornerstone of President Biden’s economic legacy, the people said, an omission difficult for the White House to accept in the high-stakes negotiations. The people spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the closed-door deliberations.

Manchin’s private proposal to the White House — the details of which have not been previously reported — was made just days before a spectacular public collapse in negotiations between the White House and the senator, marked by bitter and personal recriminations that left the status of the talks unclear.

The White House was weighing how to respond to Manchin’s proposal last week when on Sunday he told Fox News that he would be unable to support the current version of Democrats’ Build Back Better agenda. White House press secretary Jen Psaki publicly called Manchin’s credibility into question a few hours later, saying in a statement that his comments “are at odds with his discussions this week with the President, with White House staff, and with his own public utterances.” On Monday, Manchin responded by accusing the White House staff of poisoning the negotiations.

Spokespeople for the White House and Manchin declined to comment.

The breakdown of negotiations threatens to seriously damage Biden’s presidency and deprive Democrats of what they have characterized as a once-in-a-generation opportunity to combat climate change and remake the U.S. economy.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

It wasn't a coup.

It is a coup. Present tense. Very tense.

Steve Bannon Vows to Take Over Entire U.S. ‘Election Apparatus’

“We are going to get it decertified,” Bannon said, referring to the 2020 presidential election, which the hotly contested MAGA character erroneously insists Trump won. “And hey, all they want to talk about all day long is Omicron and 6 January. And we love it,” he continued. “Cuz nobody cares. We care because we care about the legitimacy of our process. We are a constitutional republic. And guess what, we are going to take over the election apparatus.” Bannon further noted that “American citizens” will aid him in the proposed election system takeover.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    It wasn't a coup.

It is a coup. Present tense. Very tense.

Steve Bannon Vows to Take Over Entire U.S. ‘Election Apparatus’
    I mean why bother hiding what you want and what you are going to do when no one will hold you accountable?

That really sounds like a "I am giving up because we look to be underdogs." I get it but I hate it.
    I have to imagine some feel defeated after Manchin's move yesterday. Speaking of, I was reading an Axios opinion piece on how he's a flight risk to becoming an Independent. He's in a power position right now and he knows it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I have to imagine some feel defeated after Manchin's move yesterday. Speaking of, I was reading an Axios opinion piece on how he's a flight risk to becoming an Independent. He's in a power position right now and he knows it.
    I agree. Watching the news and the talking heads is a mix of anger and just deflated defeat. Even from the Biden backers and Dems I know feel that way.

It depends. Some of them are in safe seats.

There are a variety of concerns in this particular election cycle.
    - Some would rather bow out of a close race, even if it really hurts their party by making a win less likely.
    - Some don't want to be in Congress if they're likely to be in the minority.
    - Redistricting potentially puts a few of them into tough primaries against other Democratic incumbents.
    - They may be less valued as lobbyists/ advisors if Republicans take back the presidency, so if that's their interest, leaving now makes sense.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The whole Manchin thing seems like he's realizing his public relations is going into the shitter right now. He is under pressure and is now claiming this one instance held him up. But your seeing a desperate scramble to save face.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The whole Manchin thing seems like he's realizing his public relations is going into the shitter right now. He is under pressure and is now claiming this one instance held him up. But your seeing a desperate scramble to save face.
    If he's smart, he saves face by pretending he saw some ghosts on Christmas Eve and reverses course. It's a story much loved and that we all can get behind.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.