Page 253 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 1532032432492502512522532542552562572633033537531253 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    It's not so much about erasing history as giving the finger to racist assholes.
    Speaking of erasing history. It's weird how I can't trace my family prior the late 19th century.

I think it has something to do with a bunch of statues of people.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Intermediary

and that's ALWAYS in season

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Never underestimate the stupidity of the Republican base. They'll be there, packed to the rafters, with no masks.
    Trump: "I beat Coronavirus! It's in ashes!"
    Trump campaign: "Psst... sign this waiver to get into the MAGA Rally that you won't sue if you get the 'Rona".

Can't make this s*** up.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

On this...

If you wanna pat yourself on the back and feel good about having flipped that particular bird, great I guess?

That said, if everyone who thinks that put roughly five to ten times that effort into helping out the folks that people who eventually created the States murdered or put on reservations or kidnapped from their homes while putting this country together?

That would probably be a far more effective and lasting middle finger to those racists mentioned.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KOSLOX View Post
    Sure. You're a bigot.
    so, expressing one's own opinion and the person responding automatically makes the assumption that the poster is a bigot? What happened to debates without name calling? cordiality? Btw, I have black friends, my wife works with blacks. I have no problem whatsoever with blacks or their causes

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    so, expressing one's own opinion and the person responding automatically makes the assumption that the poster is a bigot? What happened to debates without name calling? cordiality? Btw, I have black friends, my wife works with blacks. I have no problem whatsoever with blacks or their causes
    But there is some sort of a problem with the phrase "Black Lives Matter..."?

That's where you're losing me, personally.

BANNED

If that be the case, then you should support Black Lives Matter because that is indeed a major cause of the blacks these days. I'm sure your black friends could explain the details to you and you'd understand that it's not a divisive or anti-white movement.

Your opinions make you a bigot.

Run them by your catalog of "blacks".
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

Mighty Member

Ok, so saying I understand why some are upset about GF being shot, I understand the protesting, the police brutality and all that. So by saying that All Lives Matter including Black Lives, that means I don't care or am not empathetic to the situation of blacks or anyone being assaulted? Why is the assumption being made that "Ok person A says All Lives Matter, so that means he/she is ignorant of what goes on with police brutality black violence and needs to be educated?" By saying ALM, I personally am saying that I feel for GF's brother and it's terrible he has that pain to bear losing his brother. No person should have to go through that. Losing a loved one is something that anyone can go through. All Lives DO and SHOULD matter.

I'm done educating adults. It's been explained time and again why ALM is a bull**** expression. If you don't know by now it's due to willful ignorance.
    Pull List:

BANNED

Ok, so saying I understand why some are upset about GF being shot, I understand the protesting, the police brutality and all that. So by saying that All Lives Matter including Black Lives, that means I don't care or am not empathetic to the situation of blacks or anyone being assaulted? Why is the assumption being made that "Ok person A says All Lives Matter, so that means he/she is ignorant of what goes on with police brutality black violence and needs to be educated?" By saying ALM, I personally am saying that I feel for GF's brother and it's terrible he has that pain to bear losing his brother. No person should have to go through that. Losing a loved one is something that anyone can go through. All Lives DO and SHOULD matter.
    Well you see, while all lives matters is on the surface a fairly inoffensive statement, just about everyone who is saying it tends to be supportive of aggressive policing and discriminatory practices that very much indicate that, regardless of what their words say, black lives DON'T matter to them. It's the same reason why "states rights" and "separate but equal" are universally understood to be racist, anti-black statements even though there is nothing in the literal wording that indicates such.

Again, just watch the introduction in that Body Count video.

It explains the issue in incredibly easy to understand terms.

While you seem to believe that you understand the protesting, that feels like it could be more something that you believe than what is actually the case.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 06-11-2020 at 08:37 PM.

Mighty Member

Well, what you just said clarifies things a bit for me. Ok, so ALM means support for aggressive policing and discriminatory practices by police. Aggressive policing and discriminatory practices I'm definitely not in support of.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KOSLOX View Post
    Your opinions make you a bigot.

Run them by your catalog of "blacks".
    Whatever dude. Peace

Well, what you just said clarifies things a bit for me. Ok, so ALM means support for aggressive policing and discriminatory practices by police. Aggressive policing and discriminatory practices I'm definitely not in support of.
    Thanks for being open minded.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!