Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Also Trump got his booster shot. So it will be funny to keep hearing Fox news and the GOP still talk bad about the vaccines and the boosters being a Dem ploy and not needed when the head troll of their party got it.

He talked about it on the last stop of the tour he is on and talked about it with Bill O Riley. And he got booed. Booed by his followers. But you know the GOP supporters are all about the vaccine and wish people would quit reporting other wise.
    Because you assume they are as dumb as the propaganda imbibing Left and can parse choices for themselves? They just don't want to hear MORE of the vaccine pushing.

So the party that claims to be all for the vaccines because Trump got it done, how do they show this? bash the science and spread information, then boo the orange god at one rally when he tell people to get the shot, then boos him again when he says he got the booster.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    Because you assume they are as dumb as the propaganda imbibing Left and can parse choices for themselves? They just don't want to hear MORE of the vaccine pushing.
    Thats funny because they are all about vaccine pushing when Trumps wants to take credit for getting it out there. For Trump being the reason we have one. Then they cant get enough of the vaccine talk. but the second someone including the guy whose ass they kiss every day sayd maybe you should get one they have had enough of the vaccine talk its too much. hey if they want to kill them selves off thats on them and I wont cry. Anyone who chooses not to get the vax and speaks out against it and then dies from Covid like that law maker last week? Yea thoughts and prayers... and im off to play video games.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Eric Levitz of New York magazine strongly disagrees with Joe Manchin, but notes that he has been consistent in his position.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021...e-manchin.html
    Classic upset when a dealer don't close the sale and cries bad faith claiming you came in to buy a car.

Thats funny because they are all about vaccine pushing when Trumps wants to take credit for getting it out there. For Trump being the reason we have one. Then they cant get enough of the vaccine talk. but the second someone including the guy whose ass they kiss every day sayd maybe you should get one they have had enough of the vaccine talk its too much. hey if they want to kill them selves off thats on them and I wont cry. Anyone who chooses not to get the vax and speaks out against it and then dies from Covid like that law maker last week? Yea thoughts and prayers... and im off to play video games.
    Any better than those in lines for Covid tests?

It was a line of faith as much as it was a line of science. And perhaps more so, it was a line of hope. Hope is learned in inches, or it is not learned at all.
    https://www.americamagazine.org/fait...ng-hope-239443

Smash those Bros. peace on earth.
    Last edited by Xheight; 12-21-2021 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    Any better than those in lines for Covid tests? .
    People in line for Covid tests? What is the point here? people want to be tested? Fine. Good. I never said people who get the shot cant get Covid and if they think they have it they should be tested ASAP. But I have no saddness in my heart for a person who in the middle of Covid looks at a free vaccine that has been proven to save lives and say "Nope Biden wants me to get it screw that guy im not gonna." Then they tell others not to get it. And they spread lies. And oh they die from Covid. Well they can Own Biden and the liberal agenda from their coffin and when the news story is over I wont give them a second thought. because they could have prevented it themselves and they choose not to.

Does this make me a cold hearted person? Maybe. Any more so then a president who had all the facts and then lied and down played covid even though it was killing people and spreading like crazy? or when he tested positive and still went to a debate? or tested positive and drove around a car packed full of people and waved to others?

Crisis of Command: The Pentagon, The President, and January 6

One of the most vexing questions about Jan. 6 is why the National Guard took more than three hours to arrive at the Capitol after D.C. authorities and Capitol Police called for immediate assistance. The Pentagon’s restraint in allowing the Guard to get to the Capitol was not simply a reflection of officials’ misgivings about the deployment of military force during the summer 2020 protests, nor was it simply a concern about “optics” of having military personnel at the Capitol. Instead, evidence is mounting that the most senior defense officials did not want to send troops to the Capitol because they harbored concerns that President Donald Trump might utilize the forces’ presence in an attempt to hold onto power.

According to a report released last month, Christopher Miller, who served as acting Secretary of the Defense on Jan. 6, told the Department’s inspector general that he feared “if we put U.S. military personnel on the Capitol, I would have created the greatest Constitutional crisis probably since the Civil War.” In congressional testimony, he said he was also cognizant of “fears that the President would invoke the Insurrection Act to politicize the military in an anti-democratic manner” and that “factored into my decisions regarding the appropriate and limited use of our Armed Forces to support civilian law enforcement during the Electoral College certification.”
    Miller does not specify who held the fears that Trump would invoke the Insurrection Act, and he wasn’t asked by Congress. However, it’s now clear that such concerns were shared by General Mark Milley, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, as well as former CIA Director and at the time Secretary of State Mike Pompeo. Before Nov. 3, Milley and Pompeo confided in one another that they had a persistent worry Trump would try to use the military in an attempt to hold onto power if he lost the election, the Washington Post’s Carol Leonnig and Philip Rucker reported. “This military’s not going to be used,” Milley assured Pompeo.

After Trump issued a Dec. 19, 2020 call to action to his supporters to come to DC to protest the certification of the electoral college vote on Jan. 6 (“Be there, will be wild!”), “Milley told his staff that he believed Trump was stoking unrest, possibly in hopes of an excuse to invoke the Insurrection Act and call out the military,” and that he sought to stay ahead of any effort by the President to use the military in a bid to stay in office, Leonnig and Rucker write.

Milley, according to multiple reports, “feared it was Trump’s ‘Reichstag moment,’ in which, like Adolf Hitler in 1933, he would manufacture a crisis in order to swoop in and rescue the nation from it.”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Legal loopholes are not weapons, stopping the count was entirely fair and legal to examine the questionable voting

Meanwhile in the Department of the Best Elections money can buy let's see why those registration drives are so important to the DNC.

THE PLURAL OF ANECDOTE — The monthslong intra-Democratic Party clash over data-sharing continues as the DNC and state parties in the early-voting states argue over how much to charge presidential candidates for their voter info, report Holly Otterbein, Elena Schneider and David Siders. The DNC wants to limit candidates’ price tag to $5,000 for base voter files, while state parties argue that they need more money than that. “According to several state party sources, the DNC has a powerful leverage point in the talks: It is withholding some grant funds for states until the deal is signed.”
    Politico 12/21

People in line for Covid tests? What is the point here? people want to be tested? Fine. Good. I never said people who get the shot cant get Covid and if they think they have it they should be tested ASAP. But I have no saddness in my heart for a person who in the middle of Covid looks at a free vaccine that has been proven to save lives and say "Nope Biden wants me to get it screw that guy im not gonna." Then they tell others not to get it. And they spread lies. And oh they die from Covid. Well they can Own Biden and the liberal agenda from their coffin and when the news story is over I wont give them a second thought. because they could have prevented it themselves and they choose not to.

Does this make me a cold hearted person? Maybe. Any more so then a president who had all the facts and then lied and down played covid even though it was killing people and spreading like crazy? or when he tested positive and still went to a debate? or tested positive and drove around a car packed full of people and waved to others?
    Again simplified and made-up reasoning - Someone with an underlying condition, which hundreds of thousands of people have are being asked to trust something that was given an emergency approval - Trump or no warp speeded it looks off to them and having Dems cry 'helps the peoples' when you don't trust them a damn to begin with isn't an easy calculation.

Ill take a bigger head line on when these people do say they will cooperate with the 6th committee. I heard the story last week about the people who did the rally are going to but I havnt heard anything since.

Just a reminder...

trolls-internet-dont-feed.jpg

In a development I hope most of us can agree with, the Biden administration has agreed to send out Covid tests for anyone who wants it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/21/u...vid-biden.html

The 500 million tests that the administration intends to purchase will not be available until January, the senior officials said, adding that the government intends to create a website where people can request that tests be sent to their homes, free of charge. It was not immediately clear where the tests would come from.
    Initially, the plan was to make tests available available to people for free, but to require people to submit Health Insurance information. That had two main problems, creating a bureaucratic hurdle for Americans, while raising the cost of health insurance.

There was some pushback, and Jen Psaki asked if reporters expect the government to mail every American a test. Some people were suggesting it would be a good idea, although it would likely be wasteful.

I thought something like this would be a good policy, where the people who want it can get it for free, without burdensome paperwork or shifting the costs to health insurance consumers, so I'm glad to see it done.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    In a development I hope most of us can agree with, the Biden administration has agreed to send out Covid tests for anyone who wants it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/21/u...vid-biden.html

Initially, the plan was to make tests available available to people for free, but to require people to submit Health Insurance information. That had two main problems, creating a bureaucratic hurdle for Americans, while raising the cost of health insurance.

There was some pushback, and Jen Psaki asked if reporters expect the government to mail every American a test. Some people were suggesting it would be a good idea, although it would likely be wasteful.

I thought something like this would be a good policy, where the people who want it can get it for free, without burdensome paperwork or shifting the costs to health insurance consumers, so I'm glad to see it done.
    I can understand the issues with logistics. You want to do it, but you want to do it the best way possible for everyone concerned.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Rumor has it there are encrypted texts between him and Mark Meadows on Jan 6 that he doesn’t want made known.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe