Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Well, there is still Woodrow Wilson and Andrew Johnson for people who actively made things worse, and James Buchanan and Herbert Hoover for being unable to meet the challenges of the day. Depends on your criteria - Still, Trump is in the bottom 5, and the worst post WW2 (depending on how you see Dubya) without much of a question.

People who think he was anything other than awful are deluded.
    In terms of post WWII presidents, Trump certainly is at or near the top in terms of awfulness, right up there with Nixon (Watergate) and Reagan (Iran-Contra), all Republicans by the way.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Well, there is still Woodrow Wilson and Andrew Johnson for people who actively made things worse, and James Buchanan and Herbert Hoover for being unable to meet the challenges of the day. Depends on your criteria - Still, Trump is in the bottom 5, and the worst post WW2 (depending on how you see Dubya) without much of a question.

People who think he was anything other than awful are deluded.
    Yes. worst President is an interesting debate. So I will amend, Trump was the worst person to ever sit in the Oval Office. Least qualified, most ignorant and perhaps the dumbest (though W could give him a challenge on that. ) He was also one of the most corrupt with an Administration of grifters, thieves and unqualified nabobs.
    And he was a traitor to boot. And yes, he did collude with Putin. Just read the Senate Report.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yes. worst President is an interesting debate. So I will amend, Trump was the worst person to ever sit in the Oval Office. Least qualified, most ignorant and perhaps the dumbest (though W could give him a challenge on that. ) He was also one of the most corrupt with an Administration of grifters, thieves and unqualified nabobs.
    And he was a traitor to boot. And yes, he did collude with Putin. Just read the Senate Report.
    Usually when we think of worst presidents the easy go to is to first look at the one term presidents, but Trump was so terrible that he now makes many one term presidents look good.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

New York A.G. Seeks to Question Trump Children in Fraud Inquiry

The New York State attorney general’s office, which last month subpoenaed Donald J. Trump as part of a civil investigation into his business practices, is also seeking to question two of his adult children as part of the inquiry.

The involvement of the children, Donald Trump Jr. and Ivanka Trump, was disclosed in a court document filed on Monday as the Trump Organization sought to block lawyers for the attorney general, Letitia James, from questioning the former president and his children.

The subpoenas for the former president and two of his children were served on Dec. 1, according to a person with knowledge of the matter. Eric Trump, another of Mr. Trump’s sons, was already questioned by Ms. James’s office in October 2020.

Chris Stewart said he’s ‘best-qualified,’ but GOP leader skips over Utah congressman for top spot on intelligence committee

Utah Rep. Chris Stewart will not replace Rep. Devin Nunes, R-Calif., as the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, despite telling Politico in early December that he was the “best qualified” politician for the role.

Instead, Rep. Michael Turner, R-Ohio, will replace Nunes, who announced in September he was leaving Congress to run former President Donald Trump’s new social media company.
    House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy made the announcement Thursday, calling Turner, who is the most senior Republican on the committee, “a national security leader and ardent supporter of truth.”

Stewart was among several House Republicans vying for the job, according to Politico. In December, the former Air Force pilot told the outlet: “Between my 14 years of military service and seven years on the committee, I strongly believe that I am best qualified for the position of ranking member.”

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Do any of these Trump loving worshipping Republicans realize how Trump's business adventures usually go ? Nunes will be outta a job in a few years once Trump takes his social media platform or something makes it lose money.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Do any of these Trump loving worshipping Republicans realize how Trump's business adventures usually go ? Nunes will be outta a job in a few years once Trump takes his social media platform or something makes it lose money.
    Over/under on how long Trump’s social media platform lasts before it implodes: eighteen months, and that’s a generous estimate.

Eldest Trump children won't comply with subpoenas from New York attorney general

Former President Trump’s eldest son and daughter have refused to comply with subpoenas issued by the New York State attorney general’s office as it conducts a civil investigation into the way the family real estate business valued its holdings.

“A dispute has arisen between the OAG and the Individual Trump Parties regarding the Subpoenas,” a document filed Monday said.
    Donald Trump Jr. and Ivanka Trump will file motions to quash the subpoenas as soon as Monday, the filing indicated.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Over/under on how long Trump’s social media platform lasts before it implodes: eighteen months, and that’s a generous estimate.
    Whats the over/under on how quick Nunes is either fired or gets the blame once this business goes down ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

It's kind of weird, South Jersey is getting Snowed in. North Jersey, where I am, is getting nothing. No rain, no snow. Seems backwards.

N.J. weather: Snow totals could go as high as 12 to 18 inches in some parts of South Jersey

With a half-foot of snow already on the ground and snow still falling at a furious rate, the National Weather Service has boosted its snowfall projections in South Jersey, saying some areas could get blasted with as much as 12 to 18 inches before the storm comes to an end late Monday afternoon or early Monday evening.

The weather service’s updated snow forecast also shows more sections of South Jersey now expected to get blanketed by 8 to 12 inches of snow, and continues to show a big cutoff in snowfall totals along and north of Interstate 95.
    Most of the northern half of New Jersey won’t even see a coating of light snow, forecasters say, because the center of the storm continues to move too far south and very dry air remains aloft in the atmosphere in the state’s northern region.

Six inches of snow has already been reported in parts of Atlantic and Cape May counties, where the heaviest bands have been setting up during the past few hours. Seven inches has been reported in Mays Landing and Somers Point in Atlantic County as of 11:40 a.m., and the snow is still coming down hard.
    And points south

Updates: Snow amounts swell to 5 to 10 inches amid mounting power outages

A nearly stationary band of heavy snow has focused over the I-95 corridor since midmorning with snowfall totals entering “boom” territory above predicted levels. Many locations in the immediate area now have 5 to 10 inches of snow (compared to predictions of 4 to 8 inches) with another inch or two possible. Reports of double digit totals are increasing in north central Virginia and southern Maryland.

Typically, in Mid-Atlantic storms, the heaviest snow falls north and northwest of I-95. In this event, it’s been the opposite. In Frederick, Md., there’s been no accumulation.
    As apparent by the above satellite image, this storm is a powerhouse. The combination of heavy snow and strong winds continues to generate downed trees and power outages across the region.

For the past two hours, Reagan National Airport has reported heavy snow and winds gusting from 30 to 40 mph, with a visibilities of just 1/2 to 1/8 miles; these are close to blizzard conditions. Temperatures have also fallen to 30 degrees and a number of places are now down into the upper 20s.

Snow totals continue to climb with most areas in the immediate area with at least 4 to 8 inches. To the south, amounts have even eclipsed 10 inches in parts of Stafford County. Radar shows a persistent band of heavy snow along the Interstate 95 corridor with a sharp cutoff in the snow west of Fairfax County and central Montgomery County, where accumulating snow has mostly ended. This snow along I-95 will continue for 2 to 3 more hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It's kind of weird, South Jersey is getting Snowed in. North Jersey, where I am, is getting nothing. No rain, no snow. Seems backwards.

N.J. weather: Snow totals could go as high as 12 to 18 inches in some parts of South Jersey

And points south

Here in Philly, all we’ve gotten so far is a light dusting on cars and grassy areas. I hope it stays that way.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    I feel that if Trump had issued national stay at home orders and mask mandates that it would have helped to lower the curve and save lives as well. He would have lost a lot of support among conservatives and those issues would have been challenged, but I feel that a reasonable amount of people would have complied. Enough that it would have made a difference. I think these are things that a Democratic President probably would have done.
    I've read many posts on social media from people who claim not to be conservative or an anti-vaxxer, but that they are against mandates. But something tells me that if the mandates had been put in place in 2020, regardless of who the President was, many of these people would not have a problem with it. I mean, how would these people have reacted to the regulations regarding the use of metal and rubber during World War II? "What do you mean, I can't buy a new bike for my kid? War effort? I've got rights, damn it!"
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, remember Trump's first attempt at a social media platform? It had no way to respond to Trump's statements except to click on a like button. As soon as the thin-skinned needy baby gets a few even mildly negative responses, he'll pull the plug on the whole thing.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

And points south

Much of California got slammed with heavy snow and ice storms, over the holiday break, resulting in tree loss and power outages all over the place in the more mountainous areas. Many are still without power, cell phone coverage, etc. and have been since before Christmas. Where I live in the southern California mountains we are still thawing out. Had a big section of tree top fall onto my roof but I was able to get it cleared away yesterday and it appears to have not done any damage to the roof itself.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.