Sidney Poitier has passed away at 94. He wasn't just a great actor, he was a great man, and one of the best the world had to offer.

Rest in power.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 01-07-2022 at 10:38 AM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Man, Heston really lost his way. RIP to a great man and a great actor.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

His autobiography, Measure of a Man, was an interesting read if a little "get off my lawn" at times. I listened to the audio version, which was read by Sidney. He was a very gifted actor, and overcame a lot of diversity but he sincerely never let it allow him to lose hope in humanity or confidence in himself. RIP, sir.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 01-07-2022 at 11:08 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    The dismissal of so many cases and investigations and the paltry power to call for a review of the electors that resulted. Cruz last night reminded people that he was on the floor that day objecting to the count and asked that the precedent that created the EC act, that some want to now reform, be followed as means of resolving the question of the election. Rushing Biden into office was part of the plan in the document that I have cited (TIP) a number of times on wargaming the election day results. Access to the facts has been held back by legal obstacles that are creating a Catch-22 logic to undermine confidence still.

Perdue, for instance, is claiming that sixteen Fulton County election officials, whom he has identified by name, counted and certified “unlawful counterfeit absentee ballots.” In so doing, he has joined a trend of vilifying election administrators which you have in past called for as the "who" of the conspiracy. Democrats are now scrambling to make that naming illegal. Those ballots are legally counted and therefore officially protected from investigation. This kind of circularity is exactly what the summer lawsuits sought to prevent from happening but Democrat lawyers bolstered the "protections" and so we had things like https://www.thedailybeast.com/judge-...ity?ref=scroll

It is not any coincidence either that such battles are located in EC important states
    You really should read the stories you post links to.
    While Halderman’s claims are unverified, don’t address the 2020 election, and provide no evidence that anyone has taken advantage of the alleged vulnerabilities, their mere existence will likely be enough for many “Stop the Steal” advocates who believe the 2020 results were illegitimate despite no evidence of widespread voter fraud.

Which is perhaps why U.S. District Court Judge Amy Totenberg made the report a “confidential document.”
    The important distinction others might miss in the Georgia case is that the cybersecurity analysis discovered vulnerabilities that could be used, not evidence that an actual hack ever occurred.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Your definition of 'rigging an election' was by winning more votes with grass roots effort. That's not how it's actually defined, thanks.
    Grassroots = Dominion Voting Machines, Super PAC databases, and DNC Law firms in DC like Perkins Coie

I think you mean Astroturf

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    You really should read the stories you post links to.
    perhaps you should read the posts that go with the links - "Access to the facts has been held back by legal obstacles that are creating a Catch-22 logic to undermine confidence still."

You can't have the evidence as that is not legal.
    You have no evidence so it is all legal.
    Catch-22

“That’s some catch, that Catch-22,” he observed. “It’s the best there is,” Doc Daneeka agreed.

Ultimate Member

Grassroots = Dominion Voting Machines, Super PAC databases, and DNC Law firms in DC like Perkins Coie

No, grassroots as in more people voting for Democrats because Democrats pounded the pavement.

You can list all the conspiracy theories you want, but to date, the vast majority of proven election fraud has been at the hands of Republicans.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

...literally none of that is real. Come on man, why is it so hard to just say, "Damn, I guess there are slightly more people who didn't like my guy." ?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    ...literally none of that is real. Come on man, why is it so hard to just say, "Damn, I guess there are slightly more people who didn't like my guy." ?
    Because Trump lets people be their worst self, and his followers would rather believe that there are more people out there like themselves than there actually are

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Its all kinda moot once Trump's Chief of Staff literally provided evidence Trump and his flunkies were using election fraud nonsense to attempt a political coup. That they themselves knew it wasn't true and was done to keep power.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

perhaps you should read the posts that go with the links - "Access to the facts has been held back by legal obstacles that are creating a Catch-22 logic to undermine confidence still."

You can't have the evidence as that is not legal.
    You have no evidence so it is all legal.
    Catch-22

“That’s some catch, that Catch-22,” he observed. “It’s the best there is,” Doc Daneeka agreed.
    A theory without evidence does not a conspiracy make.
    You’re chasing your own tail.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 01-07-2022 at 01:16 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Got an alert that Gregory and Travis McMichael, the killers of Ahmad Arbery were sentenced to life in prison without parole.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Got an alert that Gregory and Travis McMichael, the killers of Ahmad Arbery were sentenced to life in prison without parole.
    Yeah, was watching it on TV. Bryan, the guy in the other truck, was sentenced to Life with the possibility of parole. All three are likely to appeal. They still face Federal charges.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Honestly, it's not even as complicated as that.

The way Trump dealt with the pandemic cost him the last election.

Depending on how the next two years unfold?

Same exact thing could cost Biden the next election.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Honestly, it's not even as complicated as that.

The way Trump dealt with the pandemic cost him the last election.

Depending on how the next two years unfold?

Same exact thing could cost Biden the next election.
    It might also help to look at the states that Trump won last time and lost this time.

In Pennsylvania he went to an area and told them he was only there because the election was so close.

In Michigan he ordered the guy he put in charge of the national COVID response to not talk to the governor.

It isn't hard to imagine those things shifting enough voters to swing the state back to the other column.
    Dark does not mean deep.