Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I legitimately laughed out loud! I didn't know that. Goodness gracious.
    Oh yea. She has all kinds of crazy people on staff. Some for dumb stuff like the new shoes thing. others that are on staff for just one or 2 ceremonies a year but they get paid year round and really dont do much else.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    Just read a twitter thread explaining Sinema's antics. To Sum it up, Krysten Sinema wants to run for President in 2024. She truly believes that she's smarter than everyone else, pretty much alienated everyone around her while her donors happily continue to feed her oversized ego.
    With all the Dem voters she has made mad with her tactics and BS in not supporting Biden's agenda and holding up the things the voters want passed I see no way in Hell how she would ever get elected or even make it out of the primaries.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

She can want to run all she wants.

She'll be running in quicksand.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    She's an idiot. She wouldn't even win Arizona's presidential primary as a Democrat right now. I know not a single Arizona Democrat who's fooled by her s***.

Unless the donors find her to be a useful idiot to run as an Independent or if she goes back to the Green Party (who loathe her even more than the Democrats do for abandoning progressive principles) and "spoiler" candidate, she's an utter moron.
    I think you called it right there. No one with a shred of common sense thinks this idiot will ever be President, but it's possible that she could throw a wrench into the next election.

That being said, I never thought an idiot like Trump could get elected, and yet here we are....

Just read a twitter thread explaining Sinema's antics. To Sum it up, Krysten Sinema wants to run for President in 2024. She truly believes that she's smarter than everyone else, pretty much alienated everyone around her while her donors happily continue to feed her oversized ego.
    That doesn't make sense with her previous record.

She kept a relatively low profile during her first two years in the Senate, largely avoiding the national media.

It seems to me that she's not taking the steps that a Senator running for President would take. She didn't spend 2020 auditioning to be Joe Biden's running mate. She doesn't have a book deal. She's not endorsing candidates. From my understanding, she's not making many notable media appearances, or seeking out alternate media. Any Sunday morning or late night show would be happy to book her, as would centrist podcasts.

Whatever her agenda is, she's not acting like someone prepping a presidential run.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

She kept a relatively low profile during her first two years in the Senate, largely avoiding the national media.

It seems to me that she's not taking the steps that a Senator running for President would take. She didn't spend 2020 auditioning to be Joe Biden's running mate. She doesn't have a book deal. She's not endorsing candidates. From my understanding, she's not making many notable media appearances, or seeking out alternate media. Any Sunday morning or late night show would be happy to book her, as would centrist podcasts.

Whatever her agenda is, she's not acting like someone prepping a presidential run.
    Dumber people have tried to run for President with less prep.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I think you called it right there. No one with a shred of common sense thinks this idiot will ever be President, but it's possible that she could throw a wrench into the next election.

That being said, I never thought an idiot like Trump could get elected, and yet here we are....
    Trump won Republican voters over by defending and doubling down on his racism when he spoke.

Sinema infuriates everyone whenever she actually does go to a microphone, and her theatrics and hypocrisy on votes on policies that both parties' voters support, like a minimum wage increase, will not sway anyone to come under her banner. Nobody is going to rally to her. Her one point of demographic win is she's bisexual, and that's gonna alienate anyone who leans right.

She will have all the influence of Tulsi F***ing Gabbard, except that if she's lucky, Sinema will parlay any loss forthcoming in 2024, be it presidential race or Senate race into a cable news gig or slotting herself in on The View.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Trump won Republican voters over by defending and doubling down on his racism when he spoke.

Sinema infuriates everyone whenever she actually does go to a microphone, and her theatrics and hypocrisy on votes on policies that both parties' voters support, like a minimum wage increase, will not sway anyone to come under her banner. Nobody is going to rally to her. Her one point of demographic win is she's bisexual, and that's gonna alienate anyone who leans right.

She will have all the influence of Tulsi F***ing Gabbard, except that if she's lucky, Sinema will parlay any loss forthcoming in 2024, be it presidential race or Senate race into a cable news gig or slotting herself in on The View.
    I know a lot of people in AZ are expressing deep regret in voting for her in the first place

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...d-gavin-newsom

Gov. Gavin Newsom on Thursday refused to parole the man convicted of gunning down Robert F. Kennedy in Los Angeles, a brazen assassination of a presidential candidate that scarred the nation and altered the course of American politics during the turbulent 1960s.
    Thank you Governor Newsom for denying the parole of Sirhan Sirhan, who has still neither shown remorse nor taken responsibility for his actions.

Six memers of the late Robert Kennedy family are also against the parole.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    There is NO EXCUSE. We are talking about a carve out here for Voting rights. I see the argument on eliminating it in general. I get that. Even though for that I would argue GOP would not hesitate to go straight up hypocritical and do exactly the opposite if they had to get something they wanted.

Mitch has done it countless times. It isnt hyperbole to say this is a crisis. When we have active GOP plots across the country for trying to make it as hard as possible for minorities to get the representation they should get. If they do not pass this law people WILL be disenfranchised. And they will not get the chance again potentially for a long time with the amount of gerrymandering going on simultaneously.
    Gerrymandering does not appear to be that big a deal right now.

A look at the current congressional map suggests that it's not helping out Republicans running for the House as much as you would expect. There had been some earlier concerns that Republicans might be able to take back the House just be gerrymandering, but this doesn't seem to match current plans. I'll note that this was about gerrymandering as a net advantage. There may be states where Republicans make small gains, but that can be made up by Democrats gerrymandering.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021...stricting.html

There are a few reasons why things didn’t work out as progressive pessimists had feared. One is that — contrary to partisan stereotypes — Democratic trifectas have arguably mustered more ruthless party discipline in redistricting than Republicans have. Illinois, Oregon, and New York have all pursued aggressive partisan gerrymanders that have subordinated the job security of some incumbents to maximizing the overall number of Democratic-leaning seats. By contrast, Texas Republicans took the opposite approach, opting to fortify their incumbents’ hold on power, at the cost of leaving 13 Democratic-leaning seats on the map. Meanwhile, many red states have no room to improve on existing gerrymanders.

To be sure, blue states have probably left more gerrymander-able seats on the table than red ones, simply because some of the nation’s most Democratic states have outsourced redistricting authority to independent commissions. Fortunately for Team Blue, California’s nonpartisan commission is poised to finalize a quite pro-Democratic map. As of this writing, California’s House map is likely to feature 44 seats to the left of the country, and eight to its right. If Democrats boasted full control over California redistricting, they probably could have produced a 50-to-2 Democratic gerrymander. But still, not a bad haul.
    I do think the bill has problems. It is an effort to take away local control from elections, when they haven't really made the case for that.

Two major provisions are establishing Election Day as a federal holiday, and swapping gerrymandering with independent commissions. I'll repeat what I've said on those.

The effort to make Election Day a national holiday seems to be about more voters choosing whether a Republican or Democrat represents them in office, rather than which individual represents them in office. Most elections are not decided in November, but in the primaries, which can have varying dates (some states will have one primary; others may have multiple rounds.) There are also various individuals who would prefer having low-turnout primaries, so this push seems self-serving. If you want more people choosing their next members of Congress, we should make it easier to vote in primaries. If your main concern is about making it easy to vote in November, it's probably more about perceived partisan advantage, and all other arguments are pretext.

I think the idea that legislatures get to choose their voters is a highly flawed one, but I am suspicious of the lack of clear directives for independent commissions. The main response is to get an independent commission, but there's little consideration about what criteria they should be judged by, to make sure that any independent commissions are a backdoor for partisans to gerrymander with a veneer of respectability. There can be havoc with an unelected group interpreting vague statutes, especially when reasonable people may want different outcomes and not realize there's any debate about what the final map should like. One person might want to keep communities of interest together, while another might want to increase the number of swing seats, and another might want to have the composition in the legislature reflect the outcome of the vote. Obviously partisans want to maximize their own vote, although that gets complicated as district populations change. Republicans have an advantage from geographic sorting, so Democrats need gerrymandering more than Republicans do, or they need pressure independent commissions to make decisions that favor them.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Dumber people have tried to run for President with less prep.
    If you're talking about the orange guy, he's been a player in politics for a while. He had a lot of media attention, and helped out Republicans by sandbagging Pat Buchanan's Reform party bid in 2000.

I would guess Sinema's more informed on issues than Trump, but she doesn't seem to be doing anything to get her views out to America voters.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Joy Reid was just talking about Republican "Beta Males..."

Seriously, stop helping.
    She knows where a lot of people are getting politics from these days and sees how that approach actually helped the other other...

I know a lot of people in AZ are expressing deep regret in voting for her in the first place
    I mean, she's a hell of a lot better than Martha McSally would have been, but if the measure of a person is what they do with power, Sinema is a very, very small person.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

But at this point I think she could act as a spoiler to the Republican candidate as she’s absolutely loathed by every democrat. She would get more right wing votes as the Senator who helped destroy Biden’s agenda.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

Krazy Krysten is just taking in those bucks from her fat cat donors and following their orders. Nothing more, nothing less. She’s basically loafing on the taxpayer’s dime.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!