Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Unfortunately, Trump remains healthy enough to be a pain in the ass to the country at large, it wouldn't surprise me if he lives to 100. As for getting away with his crimes, so far, he's done just that, having survived two impeachment hearings without being removed from office during his term as president, thanks to his having an entire political party under orders to protect him at all costs. Anyone who thinks Trump will kick the bucket before 2024, or be hauled into a courtroom to stand trial for his crimes is delusional.
    I dont think Trump will die before 2024. Even if he is not in the best of health. As a president he had access to doctors we could only dream of. As an ex president and a man of money he still has access to top tier doctors. he will be around for a bit.

Even if he is hauled in front of a courtroom he can still run (unless convicted of a felony which does not seem at all even 1 percent to happen before 2024) and I think he would run. His whole platform will be the "Witch hunt look what they are doing to me. Trying to shut me down and silence me because I am the only one who can save the country and they are trying to take away my rights and freedoms and of course yours the voters etc.. and so many of his cult will buy it and run to the polls.

And the GOP will still run him because they have proven themselves gutless cowards who will bow down and kiss his ass at every turn. Want to hand Trump the election on a silver platter? Put him in front of a judge before 2024 and let him run with the poor me witch hunt act.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Yep. A report in 2002 showed that whites consisted of only 10% of those stopped when NY had it's policy in place, even though they were 45% of the population.

I've also seen the argument, however, that big cities are liberal. Ergo, this indicates that Democrats are racist, not Republicans.
    Yeah, that's a crazy argument.

Racism can be found any and everywhere unfortunately.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

HARIDWAR, India — The police officer arrived at the Hindu temple here with a warning to the monks: Don’t repeat your hate speech.

Ten days earlier, before a packed audience and thousands watching online, the monks had called for violence against the country’s minority Muslims. Their speeches, in one of India’s holiest cities, promoted a genocidal campaign to “kill two million of them” and urged an ethnic cleansing of the kind that targeted Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar.

When videos of the event provoked national outrage, the police came. The saffron-clad preachers questioned whether the officer could be objective.

Yati Narsinghanand, the event’s firebrand organizer known for his violent rhetoric, assuaged their concerns.

“Biased?” Mr. Narsinghanand said, according to a video of the interaction. “He will be on our side,” he added, as the monks and the officer broke into laughter.

Once considered fringe, extremist elements are increasingly taking their militant message into the mainstream, stirring up communal hate in a push to reshape India’s constitutionally protected secular republic into a Hindu state. Activists and analysts say their agenda is being enabled, even normalized, by political leaders and law enforcement officials who offer tacit endorsements by not directly addressing such divisive issues.

After the monks’ call to arms went viral, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his top leaders remained silent, except for a vice president with a largely ceremonial role who warned that “inciting people against each other is a crime against the nation” without making a specific reference to Haridwar. Junior members of Mr. Modi’s party attended the event, and the monks have often posted pictures with senior leaders.
    I remember when a certain poster would scold me for being concerned about rising fascism in India.

Just to clarify, I wasn't saying that I think that the behavior of law enforcement in cities was an indication of liberal racism. I have seen that argument being made by conservatives on numerous occasions, however.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Gee, thanks for calling me delusional, I guess.
    Nothing personal. I was just as delusional once myself.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I dont think Trump will die before 2024. Even if he is not in the best of health. As a president he had access to doctors we could only dream of. As an ex president and a man of money he still has access to top tier doctors. he will be around for a bit.

Even if he is hauled in front of a courtroom he can still run (unless convicted of a felony which does not seem at all even 1 percent to happen before 2024) and I think he would run. His whole platform will be the "Witch hunt look what they are doing to me. Trying to shut me down and silence me because I am the only one who can save the country and they are trying to take away my rights and freedoms and of course yours the voters etc.. and so many of his cult will buy it and run to the polls.

And the GOP will still run him because they have proven themselves gutless cowards who will bow down and kiss his ass at every turn. Want to hand Trump the election on a silver platter? Put him in front of a judge before 2024 and let him run with the poor me witch hunt act.
    Depending on who you talk to, and who was willing to tell the truth, if Trump wasn’t president, wasn’t rich and therefore didn’t have access to top tier doctors at Walter Reed, he might well have died from COVID. Meanwhile, it wouldn’t surprise me if the GQP doesn’t run anyone else in their primary and just announce on day one that Trump is their candidate. No one else will have the balls to oppose him because that would put literal bullseyes on their backs. After what happened on 1/6, who’d want that trouble?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Depending on who you talk to, and who was willing to tell the truth, if Trump wasn’t president, wasn’t rich and therefore didn’t have access to top tier doctors at Walter Reed, he might well have died from COVID. Meanwhile, it wouldn’t surprise me if the GQP doesn’t run anyone else in their primary and just announce on day one that Trump is their candidate. No one else will have the balls to oppose him because that would put literal bullseyes on their backs. After what happened on 1/6, who’d want that trouble?
    The thing is though that is was president and is an ex president and still has a pretty good amount of money. So he may be in fair to poor health but great doctors that he is getting that the average man can not is helping him a good deal. So he will last longer then a mid income or poor person with his issues.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The thing is though that is was president and is an ex president and still has a pretty good amount of money. So he may be in fair to poor health but great doctors that he is getting that the average man can not is helping him a good deal. So he will last longer then a mid income or poor person with his issues.
    Don’t know, when I see pictures of the Lord Donald, always think “Thank goodness, I haven’t insured his life”.

But…”the Devil looks after his own”.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It indicates that Cops are conservative and tend to be racists. A large part of the NYPD are Trump supporters and loved Giuliani.
    I find it puzzling that Police officers would typically be conservative given the GOPs rabid support of having a well-armed public. It seems to me the result directly makes their job more dangerous.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I remember when a certain poster would scold me for being concerned about rising fascism in India.
    If it who I am thinking of, it's because as someone from a western country, you can only be accused of such things, and are not allowed to notice them elsewhere

A more balanced viewpoint is being able to recognize crappy behavior no matter who is doing it, but what do I know?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I'd think he broke at least one or two laws on 1/6/21.
    Plus he literally stole stuff from the White House when he left, which his friend Maggie Haberman calls "improper behaviour".

Even if Trump has no plans to run again (I suspect he will), he’d still pull every trick in the book to delay his day in court. It’s as I’ve said here numerous times, the only thing Trump fears more than losing his wealth is losing his freedom, and he’ll spend his last dollar to avoid going on trial and possibly getting convicted.
    Again: You are comparing what he did in civil suits against people with limited resources with criminal charges against Trump Org. It's apples and oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Just want to note for all the readers out there that there was no steal. This poster is repeating false claims not supported by any credible evidence.
    Thank you.

I guess time will tell whether I am delusional about the rule of law applying to Trump or you about his presumed super powers.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I find it puzzling that Police officers would typically be conservative given the GOPs rabid support of having a well-armed public. It seems to me the result directly makes their job more dangerous.
    do you remember Kenosha last year with Kyle R. the police were getting him waterbottles before the shootings. They are fine with their friends being armed.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Just to clarify, I wasn't saying that I think that the behavior of law enforcement in cities was an indication of liberal racism. I have seen that argument being made by conservatives on numerous occasions, however.
    I kndo of knew that, I was just countering it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!