Well...

That guy from Ukraine speaking at the UN just said a mouthful.

The evacuation of the women and children from the eastern regions was the tell. Part of Kiev's counter will be on them as they are a weaker link to Russia and Russia will protect them.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

If we ignore Orwellian doublespeak the invasion of Ukraine by Russia began days ago when Russia sent troops in to “assist” those parts of the Ukraine with Russian sympathetic rebels…who have been backed, encouraged, funded by Russia for years, probably decades.

Only yesterday on BBC a teacher from the UK (from northern England as it happens) who has stayed in Kiev was explaining how he felt safe to stay there and teach in spite of government advice a couple of weeks ago to get out.

As I listened to interview my immediate thought was “lunatic”. No doubt we’ll be hearing from same guy in a few weeks time asking why he wasn’t advised more strongly to get out, and moaning about UK government not sending a plane over to rescue him.

But more generally, it’s worrying. In conventional fighting terms Russia is pre-eminent in the region, only Putins “sanity” stops them taking a lot of territory.
    Last edited by JackDaw; 02-23-2022 at 10:03 PM.

Astonishing Member

Very sad it’s come to this…

Mighty Member

Russia invading Ukraine = Cold War Redux?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Already Blaming Biden. This never would have happened if Trump was the president. Biden was too weak from the start etc..

If he puts all in on Ukraine he cant be stopped. The question is how long before he marches to other countries. he has talked for every about getting the lands back lost in the break up of the USSR.

Of course Putin in his statement did not call this an invasion. He does not plan to occupy. Just disarm The Ukraine people and their army.

Also reports of explosions in Kharkiv.
    Of course you blame Biden. This happened on his watch. Sure the name of the game is to blame predecessors. So, instead of blaming Trump for political division as the left does, why not blame Alexander Hamilton and Thomas Jefferson? Their feud ignited a political fracture that has eroded more over time. George Washington wanted unity above politics. Well, they threw that out the window. And he is a weak ass president. Just my humble opinion

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Of course you blame Biden. This happened on his watch. Sure the name of the game is to blame predecessors. So, instead of blaming Trump for political division as the left does, why not blame Alexander Hamilton and Thomas Jefferson? Their feud ignited a political fracture that has eroded more over time. George Washington wanted unity above politics. Well, they threw that out the window. And he is a weak ass president. Just my humble opinion
    You should probably start by blaming Putin.

WTF is this garbage?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Meanwhile, I'm sure treasonous Qpublicans and the mouth foaming idiots on Faux News are bending over backwards praising Putin for invading Ukraine. Never mind that scores of lives could be lost, scores more will be displaced and end up as refugees along with the specter of economic chaos the world over, the only thing that matters to right wingers is how much this madness will hurt Biden, and that makes them happier than pigs in slop. In a word...deplorable.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Really is there anything Biden could have done to stop this? What president would haev stopped this.

On one hand we have people saying "Stay out of this. This is not our fight. Dont send troops." While att he same time "This is Biden's fault he did nothing about this? Why didnt he do more?"

This aint on Biden. Putin wanted a war and he got it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

And The GOP is so happy about this. I am shocked they can hide their smiles on tv. They are already getting the talking points ready for the mid terms and 2024 about how the Dems let Russia run wild and Only the GOP can stand up to them.

I cant tell you how many "Biden is letting it happen because Russia owns him. Hunters Emails." Crap the last week and it is only going to get a lot worse with that talk.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    And The GOP is so happy about this. I am shocked they can hide their smiles on tv. They are already getting the talking points ready for the mid terms and 2024 about how the Dems let Russia run wild and Only the GOP can stand up to them.

I cant tell you how many "Biden is letting it happen because Russia owns him. Hunters Emails." Crap the last week and it is only going to get a lot worse with that talk.
    Then Democrats should launch an immediate media blitz painting Qpublicans as favoring a dictator who went to war with his neighbor that threatens lives and risks throwing the world’s economy into turmoil. As for Biden, he needs to take the kid gloves off and empty the arsenal on sanctions, strangle Russia economically at every single turn and not let up until Putin comes to his senses and ends his madness.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 02-24-2022 at 04:23 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Then Democrats need to launch a media blitz painting Qpublicans as favoring a dictator who went to war with his neighbor that threatens lives and risks throwing the world’s economy into turmoil.
    They should. I hope they do. But given the Dems history of High Road and all of that and not wanting to look like they are trying to take advantage of Ukraine for Political gain. I dont have high hopes.

Russia invading Ukraine = Cold War Redux?
    Absolutely not. The reason it was called the Cold War was because there was no action, only threats. All countries were too scared to attack each other for fear of being nuked. This time they've actually invaded Ukraine. This could be like when Germany invaded Poland. If Russian troops set foot in any NATO country, we're looking at WORLD WAR THREE.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Fucking Putin. We just got out of a 20 year senseless war and about to go into another senseless war.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Absolutely not. The reason it was called the Cold War was because there was no action, only threats. All countries were too scared to attack each other for fear of being nuked. This time they've actually invaded Ukraine. This could be like when Germany invaded Poland. If Russian troops set foot in any NATO country, we're looking at WORLD WAR THREE.
    There was no fighting between the US and the USSR but they had several proxy wars.