Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    A note to readers that you are entitled to make up your own mind after looking at the whole narrative of Biden coming into the Presidential office and its questionable legitimacy. There is little proof that ballots equaled voters.
    Do you have better sources for this than the website that was indiscriminately posting every election related rumor and asking readers to decide due themselves?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I hate to agree with Trump, but Putin is an evil genius when it comes to espionage and destabilizing the West.

Weaponizing misinformation and stoking racism, fear, and hate.

Russian documents reveal desire to sow racial discord — and violence — in the U.S. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1008051

Helping Trump get elected and cheering on Brexit.

I’m sure a big part of this Ukraine invasion is to make Biden look weak.

He needs his useful idiot to have a better chance in 2024.
    Putin must be crazy out of his mind to do this. I have no words to cover how disgusting these actions are. His situation at home must be much worse than we thought if he tries to distract this much.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Russia invading Ukraine = Cold War Redux?
    Nope, this is almost an exact redux of 1938.

Regarding Biden, no offense but it is a bit disgusting how US-centric everyone is taking this. This is not his fault, if Putin's BFF Trump was still president, who knows how much worse it could get. At least now the rest of the world can have some comfort that there is only one lunatic at play, instead of trembling in fear at what disaster the US will cause on their side, like we did two years ago with Iran. This is on Putin and his bootlicker Lukashenko.

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    A note to readers that you are entitled to make up your own mind after looking at the whole narrative of Biden coming into the Presidential office and its questionable legitimacy. There is little proof that ballots equaled voters.
    What has Biden to do with the current situation? Not everything is about the US.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    What has Biden to do with the current situation? Not everything is about the US.
    Well, when you're taught and told that everything has to be do with the US, inevitably you believe everything must be about the US.

Taiwan is now reportedly worried that China will use this as an opportunity to invade them as well. Wouldn't surprise me.

NATO members are going to look to US leadership on this as they typically do, that's the issue. They're not going to make any moves without the approval of the US. I don't like it one bit as I prefer our nation stay out of it, but that's not how things work as much I may disagree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Taiwan is now reportedly worried that China will use this as an opportunity to invade them as well. Wouldn't surprise me.
    I've been reading this as well. Russia and China are closely linked (trade, shared border) and China may very well follow suit.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Regarding Biden, no offense but it is a bit disgusting how US-centric everyone is taking this. This is not his fault, if Putin's BFF Trump was still president, who knows how much worse it could get. At least now the rest of the world can have some comfort that there is only one lunatic at play, instead of trembling in fear at what disaster the US will cause on their side, like we did two years ago with Iran. This is on Putin and his bootlicker Lukashenko.
    I cannot stress enough how much Lukashenko sucks.

Lukashenko wanted that fucking Union State so badly because he desired to go back to the Soviet Union almost immediately after Belarus gained independence, and given how Belarus is effectively a time capsule of the late 1980s USSR shithole which resulted in the chain of events that led to the demise of the Soviet conglomerate, it's clearly Lukashenko feeding Putin's ego.

Friendly reminder

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

At the end of the day we here in the US can assign blame to any politician want and as Americans that is what we will do.

But at the end of the day it doesnt matter. The real fault lies with Putin who started this mess. And what we all need to remember is there is an active invasion going on right now, One that has cost lives and will cost the lives of I am sure many more.

I know a few pages back I said this is a far away issue and I have issues at home I am more worried about. But that was before the invasion happened. To be honest I thought his whole thing was a lot of saber rattling and posturing by Putin and I did not think it would get this far. Dumb of me I know.

Now I am hoping for a swift end and I am hoping that everyone effect can stay as safe as they can and are able to pull through as best as they can.

American politics should take a back seat to people in the Ukraine suffering and their lives in danger. I just dont see either one of our parties or voters doing that.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

1939, you mean. That's when Germany invaded Poland.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Here in the reality, people don't go by conspiracy theories.
    Actually most people are subject to representativeness rather than probability which given the exceptional nature of the Emergency voting laws discards general probability of fraud. In fact that election fraud has been in low evidence before does not effect the probability of an exceptional case of vastly different circumstances. Conjunction fallacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    1939, you mean. That's when Germany invaded Poland.
    Didn't they annex Austria in 1938?

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-ne...west-launches/

This is not doing my anxiety and mental health any favors. biting my fingers due to my compulsive nature, athough it obvious with how I am, I doubt they will draft me. I tried the Navy, didn't last boot camp had a mental breakdown and was honorably discharged.
    I'm not worried about the draft either, despite being unemployed. I'd probably fail the medical due to my eyesight (can't see well at all without my glasses).

By the way, that article is paywalled. Please don't link to the Telegraph next time.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Didn't they annex Austria in 1938?
    That would be equivalent to Russia annexing Crimea a few years ago. We're past that stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Do you have better sources for this than the website that was indiscriminately posting every election related rumor and asking readers to decide due themselves?
    Indiscriminate and rumor is YOUR opinion not fact. Official and approved sources only goes back to the point made about gatekeeping elites and the book “The Revolt of the Public” but again that is your subjective preference for media.