Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    But NATO hasn't done anything except send soldiers to Eastern Europe. I haven't heard of any countries helping Ukraine.
    The sad thing no one will. There will be sanctions and all the world leaders will sit back and say "Oh no this is awful. Putin is evil and he threatens world peace." But they are not sending soldiers into a non NATO country to defend it. They are not going to risk World War 3 over Ukraine.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    But NATO hasn't done anything except send soldiers to Eastern Europe. I haven't heard of any countries helping Ukraine.
    Ukraine is not a member of NATO. Declaring war to a NATO-member would have been the start of WWIII, a price too high to pay for Putin. Hence the displaying of the value of NATO for countries that are close to Russia.

Ironically, it’s the fear of Ukraine becoming a member of NATO that prompted Putin’s reaction.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

This seems to have slipped under the radar with all the talk of Russia.

3 Officers have been found guilty in charges related to the death of George Floydd

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ling-rcna17237

I am very pleased to see this. Police are being held accountable.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    This seems to have slipped under the radar with all the talk of Russia.

3 Officers have been found guilty in charges related to the death of George Floydd

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ling-rcna17237

I am very pleased to see this. Police are being held accountable.
    As well they should. I respect police, I used to have a cop for a neighbor, and he told me all sorts of horror stories about being on the beat, but they should NEVER be considered above the law.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Ukraine is not a member of NATO. Declaring war to a NATO-member would have been the start of WWIII, a price too high to pay for Putin. Hence the displaying of the value of NATO for countries that are close to Russia.

Ironically, it’s the fear of Ukraine becoming a member of NATO that prompted Putin’s reaction.
    Eh, unless it were say France or Germany I think the song and dance would be the same if he picked to invade any other NATO country. No civilized countries want WWIII and Russia knows that and has decided to use that to its advantage. We can dock their allowance all we want and it won't do didly because they get their money from China, Saudi Arabia and UAE...who don't care one bit which countries Russia invades.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Eh, unless it were say France or Germany I think the song and dance would be the same if he picked to invade any other NATO country. No civilized countries want WWIII and Russia knows that and has decided to use that to its advantage. We can dock their allowance all we want and it won't do didly because they get their money from China, Saudi Arabia and UAE...who don't care one bit which countries Russia invades.
    No civilized country wants WWIII… sure, but Kennedy frightened the URSS to react during the Cuban missile crisis. He risked back then WWIII…

An aggression to any member of NATO is the NATO’s “raison d’être”. You can as well dismantle NATO if there’s no reaction.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Mighty Member

Man I wish Ukraine had become a member of NATO. Why didn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It's pathetic when someone has fallen so far into their derangement that you can predict not only the actions they will take, but the very talking points they will use.
    These people are so dumb and so brain washed that Trump himself can get in front of a crowd of 5000 people in person and tell them all there was no stolen election that he only says there was because he likes to rile up his base and that they are all idiots for falling for it.

Then 2 hours later go on tv and say "I never said any of that. it is all fake news." And all 5000 people in the crowd would to a person say

"I knew he never said that. Damn CNN and their Deep fakes. The Deep state trying to fool us."

In the short-term, Putin is indeed the winner… In the long-term, he has justified the very existence of the NATO.

The question is: does he really want to keep the whole Ukraine or will he use the non-secessionist parts as a bargain?
    I believe he'll want to install a government that is subservient to him rather than take the whole of Ukraine, for now. Ukraine's economy is a mess and has been for years so absorbing it in its present economic state would be a loss. However, the Donbas region that this is all centered around is where much of the industry/manufacturing takes place for the nation so it's very valuable.
    I think his first goal is ensuring a puppet government takes over that will move Ukraine away from the west and NATO.

In other news, humanitarian efforts have started with Bethenny Frankel's BStrong organization leading the way.

Bethenny Frankel's Humanitarian Efforts For Ukraine Praised By Fans
    https://screenrant.com/rhony-bethenn...-praised-fans/

Upon learning about the crisis in Ukraine, RHONY's Bethenny Frankel and BStrong are already on their way to Kyiv to provide relief for people in need..

In light of the recent breaking news of Russia invading Ukraine, Bethenny informed fans that she would be flying to Kyiv to provide relief. Bethenny tweeted, “BSTRONG UPDATE: Airways closed & 7 hrs. to exit Kiev [sic]. We’ll be in Kiev [sic] Fri to meet Ukraine partners & Poland Mon to set up base camps for refugee supplies. We’re working w green berets & airlifting good-shipping boxes today. This could be the largest humanitarian crisis since WW2.” Bethenny urged fans to donate to BStrong and that 100% of the money will go into the effort. In her most recent tweet, she shared that BStrong’s “initial commitment is to send out 100,000 hygiene and survival kits, and sleeping bags for the refugee camps."
    They're expected to arrive sometime today with around $10M worth of supplies. Info can be found and donations are accepted here:
    https://bethenny.com/bstrong
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

No civilized country wants WWIII… sure, but Kennedy frightened the URSS to react during the Cuban missile crisis. He risked back then WWIII…

An aggression to any member of NATO is the NATO’s “raison d’être”. You can as well dismantle NATO if there’s no reaction.
    That was sixty years ago, and it was taking place practically on our front door step. Now they know its an empty saber rattle.
    And yeah, NATO is a paper shield and it always has been. You seriously think the US would be putting boots on the ground if it was Albania being invaded? How about Bulgaria? Or Coatia? Estonia?
    You're dreaming.

Those little Eastern European countries that got let into NATO were always an empty threat.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 02-25-2022 at 07:21 AM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    You seriously think the US would be putting boots on the ground if it was Albania being invaded? How about Bulgaria? Or Coatia? Estonia?
    You're dreaming.
    NATO is not just US.

Duh!

Every non NATO former USSR country is in his sights.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Biden to nominate Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson to Supreme Court

President Joe Biden is expected to announce Friday that he will nominate Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson, of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, to succeed Justice Stephen Breyer on the Supreme Court, according to a source familiar with the matter.

If confirmed, Jackson would become the first Black woman to serve on the court. At 51, she would also be the second-youngest justice on the current court (Justice Amy Coney Barrett turned 50 in January) and the first justice since Thurgood Marshall with significant experience as a defense lawyer.

As the successor to Breyer, who was appointed by President Bill Clinton in 1994, Jackson would not change the court’s current 6-to-3 conservative supermajority.

I kinda figured she was the front-runner and the most likely choice. Though the others were strong contenders.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.