Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Ukraine is asking for help and receiving non. Why did Biden spent the time and money to send 7000 troops? I'd rather the US not get involved in another war but what was the point of these troops? Just to scare Putin from invading?
    The best that can be done is the sending of weapons and ammo directly to Ukraine which are en route. Poland has sent weapons and supplies, and I just read that Germany "has agreed to the supply of 400 German-made rocket propelled grenades to Ukraine via the Netherlands, along with 14 armored personnel carriers, as well as 1000 anti-tank weapons and 500 Stinger missiles. It will also supply 10,000 tonnes of fuel via Poland."
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

It also seems that the Romanian side of their border with the Ukraine is flooded with thousands of cars, belonging to regular citizens waiting to give any refugees rides further into the country.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Ukraine is asking for help and receiving non. Why did Biden spent the time and money to send 7000 troops? I'd rather the US not get involved in another war but what was the point of these troops? Just to scare Putin from invading?
    Today, the Biden administration authorized the release of $350,000,000 in aid to help Ukraine repel the Russians.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Putin is doing everything he can to control the narrative of the invasion with in Russian boarders.

According to Cnn

More then 2600 protesters have been arrested across Russia thus far. Moscow Police are stationed outside of the Ukrainian Embassy to prevent citizens from showing support. Flowers and cards left there are taken down as fast as possible.

Independent News organizations in the country are being told if they keep using words like Invasion, Ukrainian army, Ukrainian President, Ukrainian Resistance is stiffer then expected, that their access to government officials and citizens will be limited and they may find themselves removed from the country.

This is the man that Trump called a genius, Tucker praises.
    The Russian people weren't clamoring for this invasion. Unless an ulterior motive presents itself, this is a Putin vanity project.
    I recall that military service is mandatory for young Russians so it's also likely the case that a significant number of the troops invading don't necessarily feel this operation is justified. Between the economic pressure put on the Oligarchs and a gradual lessening of public support plus the increasing monetary expense, the pressure is on Putin to get this done quickly. Time is on the side of the Ukrainians if they can hold out long enough and keep the Russians from overthrowing their government.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 02-26-2022 at 01:13 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Today, the Biden administration authorized the release of $350,000,000 in aid to help Ukraine repel the Russians.

The Russian people weren't clamoring for this invasion. Unless an ulterior motive presents itself, this is a Putin vanity project.
    I recall that military service is mandatory for young Russians so it's also likely the case that a significant number of the troops invading don't necessarily feel this operation is justified. Between the economic pressure put on the Oligarchs and a gradual lessening of public support plus the increasing monetary expense, the pressure is on Putin to get this done quickly. Time is on the side of the Ukrainians if they can hold out long enough and keep the Russians from overthrowing their government.
    I don't know if it is true or not, but I have heard stories on Twitter about Russian soldiers surrendering without much of a fight.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

62 percent of voters say Putin wouldn't have invaded Ukraine if Trump were president: poll

A majority of American voters say that Russian President Vladimir Putin would not have invaded Ukraine had former President Trump still been in office, according to a new survey released on Friday.

A new Harvard Center for American Political Studies (CAPS)-Harris Poll survey released Friday found that 62 percent of those polled believed Putin would not be moving against Ukraine if Trump had been president. When looking strictly at the answers of Democrats and Republicans, 85 percent of Republicans and 38 percent of Democrats answered this way.

However, 38 percent of all Americans polled believed that Putin would have invaded Ukraine even if Trump had been president.

Astonishing Member

Thats why even bothering with a poll like that is stupid. Trump was literally impeached for threatening to withhold approved aid to Ukraine. And trying to blackmail them into manufacturing dirt on Hunter Biden ffs. Like he was some friend of Ukraine.

We all know how delusional GOP has become. They love some revisionist history.

Ultimate Member

If that were the case, it would only be because Putin wouldn't want to make things hard for his puppet.

Mighty Member

I imagine Putin would've taken (or continued taking) a "softer" approach in an attempt towards eventually making Ukraine, defacto or otherwise, part of Russia, as he could afford to with Trump still in power. But even that's not necessarily a guarantee as Ukraine might've still attempted to join NATO which is what apparently, more immediately rustled Putin's jimmies enough to start this war.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 02-26-2022 at 02:34 PM.

This is dumb and kind of pointless. I dont see the point in this poll.

Putin wanted his war. He was going to invade Ukraine now matter what. And he was on a ticking clock because of the country wanting to Join Nato. He knew he had to get this done pretty quick or he would not get to invade or if he did he would have to face Nato.

The War was going to happen no matter who is in office.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ukraine Ambassador to the Us has confirmed that Russia has destroyed a dam putting thousands at risk for major flooding.
    Last edited by babyblob; 02-26-2022 at 06:27 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Things are changing so quickly that the poll of people from three days ago is likely to age like milk. Biden has handled some stuff pretty well, in ways that weren't immediately apparent like releasing Intel about what Russians are planning which hurt their ability to lie and claim some other pretext for starting a war.

The main thing Trump would do is be unpredictable but it's entirely possible he would push for short-term gains that would make him look good.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Ultimate Member

You'd have thought Putin would have done this soon after Trump was out of office, or in the Orange Idiot's last few months. He'd done enough to weaken NATO and Trump would have been an active shield to keep the media out.

Just got an alert that the US and their Allies have agreed to limit Russia from the SWIFT banking system.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    You'd have thought Putin would have done this soon after Trump was out of office, or in the Orange Idiot's last few months. He'd done enough to weaken NATO and Trump would have been an active shield to keep the media out.
    Hey may have thought that Trump would have been reelected, and that he would have more time. And to be fair, if the Pandemic never happened, he very well could have been.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It may depend on the type of fraud. There are often major investigations that civilians aren't involved in where we won't get the satisfaction of knowing about an arrest. My parents got a bullshit phone call from scammers ten years ago claiming they owed money to the IRS (fortunately, they weren't tricked into giving any money) and many of those types of criminals have been arrested.

You might want to pester your members of Congress, and there is a page to report crimes to the Department of Justice.

https://www.justice.gov/criminal-cci...property-crime
    Thanks for the advice. It just makes me feel so violated. It wasn't all that hard to track track them down for me, but that feeling will always be there.