Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Ursula von der Leyen announced an EU-wide ban on Russian propaganda outlets RT and Sputnik.

It's weird... when Ursula got the job, I wondered how being a medical doctor, a mother of 7 and a former minister of defense would qualify her for the job, yet here we are with a war in the middle of a pandemic.
    And Zelensky is a former comedian…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    In my almost 57 years on this planet, this is the first time I'm actually worried about Russia.
    You’re six years younger than me. I was in the Navy during the last years of the Cold War and I wondered if it would ever grow hot. Thankfully, that never happened. Now? Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Saw a video on Twitter this morning. Apparently the Russians are running out of gas for their armored vehicles. The video I saw was a Ukrainian man stopping next to a tank, asking the troops if they wanted a ride back to Russia.

Also hearing that civilians are putting sugar into gas cans, because Russians are scrounging for gas for their vehicles.

Here is a link to that video on Twitter.
    Whoever’s in charge of logistics for the Russian army might want to resign and beat feet before he find himself being thrown out a window on a high floor. Man, this has been one huge clusterfuck.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Invincible Member

Mitt Romney calling out Marjorie Taylor Greene for meeting with white nationalists saying I have morons on my team...
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ntp&li=BBnb7Kz

What's interesting is that Nick Fuentes has been kicked off a number of social media platforms for his alt-right stuff and was even called out on a conversative show when he kept making sexist statements and the female host said something like, "You kept saying these weird things about women, have you ever had a relationship with a girl?" Nick was like, "No, but..."
    Last edited by ed2962; 02-27-2022 at 12:46 PM.

Invincible Member

Also, Mitt's quote reminded me of this

Cnn Showed a video of a group of Russian soldiers and some armored cars advancing in a neighborhood and then some Ukrainian soldiers firing on them. the Russians retreated. Aftermath showed four armored cars destroyed.

And Russia has acknowledged they have suffered losses in The Ukraine.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Looks like the Russian army is the dreaded juggernaut they'd like people to think they are. I wonder if there is a morale problem there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Romney on CNN and it's nice to hear Republican talk sense about the Ukraine situation and Putin.

Twitter of Link
    I saw that interview last night. Romney's looking very presidential and I am sort of hoping he runs in the primaries.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Mitt Romney calling out Marjorie Taylor Greene for meeting with white nationalists saying I have morons on my team...
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ntp&li=BBnb7Kz

What's interesting is that Nick Fuentes has been kicked off a number of social media platforms for his alt-right stuff and was even called out on a conversative show when he kept making sexist statements and the female host said something like, "You kept saying these weird things about women, have you ever had a relationship with a girl?" Nick was like, "No, but..."
    The fact of the matter is Majorie Tyler Greene and those like her are the real face of the Republican Party. No longer do they hide behind codewords and dogwhistles. They just straight up say that they want a white ethnostate.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Looks like the Russian army is the dreaded juggernaut they'd like people to think they are. I wonder if there is a morale problem there.

I saw that interview last night. Romney's looking very presidential and I am sort of hoping he runs in the primaries.
    I would love to see him run. He is one of the more reasonable members of the GOP. In a debate he would eat Trump alive. But I dont know if he would have wide spread appeal to the current GOP.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Russian army may not what it seems. I thought Ukraine would be done in a week, but it isn't the case. Wether its because russia didnt think of such a resistance, or they spare the heavy artillery for later?

I hope for the former.

Russia gets sanctioned on all fronts, they will be isolated in no time. Economical and political. If the Ogilarchs are suffering from that, they won't like it at all, doesn't matter how pro Putin they are. Money talks.

Ultimate Member

I think modern armies just aren't prepared for entrenched warfare.

Tanks won't dig soldiers out of cities, and unless you're willing to bomb everything, you have to go street to street, and probably double back.

I'm sure Russia is more willing than most to commit war crimes, but even then, that only goes so far.

Plus, I'd be shocked if the United States wasn't giving Ukraine intel about where to hit the Russians in terms of logistics.

Ukraine doesn't have to win, they just have to survive.

Astonishing Member

In German tv they say most of the Russian soldiers were told it was an military exercise. Putin did it on purpose to see what would happen, and that the real assault will come later. its all speculation, mind you.

Anonymus said they will strike against russia with cyber attacks. I don't know what Anonymous can do, or how powerful they are, but I doubt that they can do considerable damage.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I think modern armies just aren't prepared for entrenched warfare.

Tanks won't dig soldiers out of cities, and unless you're willing to bomb everything, you have to go street to street, and probably double back.

I'm sure Russia is more willing than most to commit war crimes, but even then, that only goes so far.

Plus, I'd be shocked if the United States wasn't giving Ukraine intel about where to hit the Russians in terms of logistics.

Ukraine doesn't have to win, they just have to survive.
    Survive for how long? What does surviving even mean in the case of this war? I doubt there is something as surviving without winning. The longer the war rages, the more likely it is for russia to win. And then they stand at the border to Poland (my biggest fear, I am from Germany) and other countries.

Hope China does not get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Survive for how long? What does surviving even mean in the case of this war? I doubt there is something as surviving without winning. The longer the war rages, the more likely it is for russia to win. And then they stand at the border to Poland (my biggest fear, I am from Germany) and other countries.

Hope China does not get involved.
    China won't. China doesn't have a stake in this conflict and they know what would happen if they did. I believe they are smart enough to remain neutral (as much as they already have).

TBH, If, hypothetically, Russia somehow collapsed and was no longer a world superpower, China wouldn't mind at all.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

China's only interest is if they could get away with the same thing in Taiwan. They hoped the world would shrug and do nothing.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I would love to see him run. He is one of the more reasonable members of the GOP. In a debate he would eat Trump alive. But I dont know if he would have wide spread appeal to the current GOP.
    Soundly defeating Trump in a debate would only make Romney appear to be 'intellectual' to conservatives and the vast majority of them have nothing but contempt for people who are more intelligent than themselves. Much as I hate the idea of having a Republican President again in 2025 (which is seemingly becoming more and more likely), we could do a lot worse than Romney.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.