Greene's statements completely ignored the Pali Institute's remarks to news outlets noting that the use of "they/them" pronouns "Is not restricted to biological males."

She said:

“I think it’s straight-up evil."
    “If I was a parent and my fifth-grade daughter had to sleep and shower in some kind of cabin at some summer camp that I paid money to send my child to, and there was a man calling himself a woman sleeping in her cabin, showering with her, that guy would, he’d be in jail."
    "He would be in jail. Well, first off, my husband would’ve beat him into the ground, and then he’d be in jail. But this is exactly how we need to stand up against this stuff.”
    Greene went on to refer to being transgender as a "perversion" and was emphatic in her belief that children are being “groomed” to accept transgender people and even to come out as transgender themselves.
    Just a reminder: if you side with Abigail Shirer, this is what you're aligning yourself with too.

https://www.comicsands.com/greene-in...656803017.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Just a reminder: if you side with Abigail Shirer, this is what you're aligning yourself with too.

https://www.comicsands.com/greene-in...656803017.html
    I would not expect Greene to be articulate or informed, but Shrier's book is not about trans women.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I would not expect Greene to be articulate or informed, but Shrier's book is not about trans women.
    She's on Greene's side in this, Mets. If you can't follow it, it's because you're willfully to blind what you continue to enable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    She's on Greene's side in this, Mets. If you can't follow it, it's because you're willfully to blind what you continue to enable.
    It's almost like there's someone not debating in good faith here.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

You're right, it's a book about stopping people from transitioning. It's pure garbage man.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

I'm just surprised more didn't vote against it.

3 Republicans voted against the Emmett Till anti-lynching bill tonight in the House, which makes lynching a hate crime. https://t.co/GhGQ05y1pS

+ Rep. Andrew Clyde R-GA
    + Rep. Tom Massie R-KY
    + Rep. Chip Roy R-TX https://t.co/O8CEhRbiSl

Meanwhile, in Texas:

“It makes me feel who I truly am, and I don't feel singled out for not being like other girls in school anymore,” Adelyn said. “It's just very special for me that mom takes me all the way over there.”

Adelyn Vigil, 13, left, a transgender girl, her cousin Aylette Reyes, 13, center, and her mother Adamalis Vigil, 34, pass th…
    From left: Adelyn Vigil and her cousin Aylette Reyes, both 13, passed their time on Sunday with Adelyn's mother, Adamalis Vigil, 34, at a relative’s home in the Rio Grande Valley. Credit: Verónica G. Cárdenas for The Texas Tribune
    Adelyn — who stands tall at 5 feet, 5 inches and is outspoken in class — had been having panic attacks in school as she approached puberty. After she started seeing the doctors in North Dallas, the attacks stopped.

But last week, the panic attacks started again when Republican Gov. Greg Abbott — seven days before the GOP primary election in which he’s being accused of not being conservative enough — ordered state child welfare officials to launch child abuse investigations into reports of transgender kids receiving gender-affirming care.

Adelyn is terrified she will be forcibly separated from her mother. So great is her anxiety that she doesn’t want to sleep in her own bed. The Vigil family agreed to speak with The Texas Tribune but did not feel safe disclosing details about Adelyn’s medical care.
    Conservatives, of course, have no problem with torturing and terrorizing trans children.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/02...r-child-abuse/

BANNED

What type of executive order would cancel student debt?

On the question of popularity, about twenty percent of the population supports complete forgiveness of student debt.

https://morningconsult.com/2021/12/2...giveness-poll/

There are some policies with a bit more support (forgiving some student debt for all Americans or lower-income Americans) though there will be pushback from people who made sacrifices to avoid/ pay off debt, and it is based on the idea that higher education, which tends to be staffed by the left, has failed its students and needs more money.
    It all depends on how you ask the questions. If you ask whether people should get to take out loans and then just blow them off, of course that's not going to poll well. If you ask whether our higher education system should be designed as a for-profit system that shackles all but the luckiest/most well-off (those already advantaged, in other words) young people with crippling debt for decades and delays their ability to invest in homes/businesses/starting a family/etc. I'd imagine that idea would poll even more poorly. Especially when you factor in their endowments and the idea of a system needing to be brick and mortar in the internet age, let alone for the exorbitant cost. Then yes, if you factor in race and historic racial bias and poverty I do think those loans would be more socially acceptable to forgive. As one factor in reparations I'd imagine the idea of funding the higher/secondary education of African Americans would be a fairly popular one, at least on the left and in the center. Or, for that matter, the Native population.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Me too. This borders on absolutely shocking. I wonder why so few voted against the bill?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

It's a fair point that we've had some narrow election wins. A problem in modern politics is that all the effort is put into narrow wins with ambitious base-pleasing agendas, rather than focusing on things that are popular and could lead to big enough wins that one percent won't make a difference.
    Whites, especially males, make up the largest share of the Republican voter base. Their numbers relative to the rest of U.S. population are shrinking. The likelihood of them winning big in most states (that aren't strong red) is dwindling. Republicans have only won the popular vote in this country once in the last 30 years. Unless they significantly change their platform, they are going to have to rely on closing the gap and overcoming the close races (mostly by changing the rules to put a finger on the scales by making cheating legal) in order to get their wins where they can. It doesn't even really matter if they win big, as long as they can maintain control of one of the branches of government, they can maintain the status quo by keeping Democrats from passing any meaningful legislation.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    So now Tucker Carleson is claiming it was Biden's responsibility to keep Russia from invading Ukraine, when he claimed we should have just let Russia take Ukraine before that. They're the more significant country after all. What a traitorous coward. All the time claiming that Russia was so great for having a truly masculine military, unlike woke nato weaklings. Now it turns out Russia's military is full of scared teenagers who need their mommies because Putin tricked them into thinking they were doing a training exercise instead of attacking Ukraine. I'm not one for censorship, but I'm all for pulling that pathetic worm off the air. He has the blood of Ukrainians on his hands.
    Damn! My money was on Carlson saying how Biden's sanctions are now hurting Russian citizens, who are not our enemies.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Me too. This borders on absolutely shocking. I wonder why so few voted against the bill?
    Probably because they know it will die in the Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Im sure in the kinds of those 3 Lynching is not a hate crime. There could be a very Legitimate reason for people being Lynched that has nothing to do with race.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ukraine, economy to take center stage in Biden's State of the Union address
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/ukra...ry?id=83158290

The president planned to focus on four economic themes, the White House said: increasing domestic manufacturing and strengthening supply chains; reducing costs for families while also reducing the deficit; promoting competition as another way to lower prices; and expanding access to well paying jobs.

Biden will talk about new steps to promote competition in the ocean freight industry and improve nursing home care, the White House said.

Psaki said that Biden will "absolutely" talk about inflation, noting it's "a huge issue on the mind of Americans."

"He's going to make clear that one of the best ways to lower costs over the long run is to is to increase the productive capacity of our economy, to make more things in America, with more American workers contributing and earning a good living," she said.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Probably because they know it will die in the Senate.
    Sad, but true. I for one would just LOVE to hear what rationale there for vomiting against an anti-lynching bill, unless of course they’re in favor of it.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!