Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Sad, but true. I for one would just LOVE to hear what rationale there for vomiting against an anti-lynching bill, unless of course they’re in favor of it.
    it goes something like this, " mumble, mumble, muh freedoms, mumble mumble."
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Looking at the pictures of the 40-mile long Russian convoy heading to invade Kiyv via the highway, all I can think is "All the Ukrainians need is a few drones to wipe out most of that."

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Looking at the pictures of the 40-mile long Russian convoy heading to invade Kiyv via the highway, all I can think is "All the Ukrainians need is a few drones to wipe out most of that."
    A few well placed strikes would slow them down a great deal. Hit them in the front and a few places in the middle. Would really wreck the timing and spirts of the Russians.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    Funding it never had.
    At the very least, they worked for them for free. As they did for Brexit, for Marine LePen, for that Dutch fascist, what's his name. All of that has become a lot less likely to happen on a grand scale.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Biden is president.
    But they don't own Biden. They own trump.

{thatwasthejoke.gif}

Me too. This borders on absolutely shocking. I wonder why so few voted against the bill?
    The ones who voted for it may have received e-mails from constituents shaming them into it. Not that they actually have any shame, but it may have scared them into doubting their re-election hopes.
    Watching television is not an activity.

https://twitter.com/jdavidgoodman/st...10608958611460

BREAKING: Texas has begun investigating parents of transgender children for possible child abuse for providing them with gender-affirming care.

Among the first is the family of 16-year-old whose mother works for the state agency responsible for such investigations

Story TK

1/

The employee, who works on the review of reports of abuse, was put on leave last week, according to a suit filed today. An investigator came to the house on Friday.

The state is seeking medical records related to the child. The parents have refused to hand them over.

2/

Here is a link to the suit against @GregAbbott_TX and Texas department of family services over their classification of treatment for transgender teenagers as child abuse https://t.co/FBPk3LzP8z

“We are terrified for Mary’s health and wellbeing, and for our family,” wrote the state employee, using a pseudonym

They are suing Texas over investigations of parents of trans kids for child abuse

“I feel betrayed by my state and the agency for whom I work.”

3/

Here is our story, with more details from the filing today: https://t.co/Yxwx4dXsAO
    What Texas, and Greg Abbott in particular, is doing is absolutely disgusting.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    https://twitter.com/jdavidgoodman/st...10608958611460

What Texas, and Greg Abbott in particular, is doing is absolutely disgusting.
    Just when you think the world couldn't get more screwed.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Not at all. One is the openly stated strategy of the major party that opposes easier voting for the poor and minorities because they vote for the other party. It's a well-known fact that's cited by both sides that if more people vote Democrats win. It's why they want to make voting harder in general, they think even if they disenfranchise some of their own it will disproportionately impact the opposing side. It's why when I pointed out all of the ways we could have both secure elections and make it much easier to vote at the same time you responded with something like "making voting easier isn't the goal, security is".
    With the current trend of replacing election officials in key states with GOP and Trump loyalists, the laws don't necessarily have to restrict a large number of voters, they just have to create the conditions where confusion on enough voters and poll-workers part as to how and where to vote may result in an opportunity for the biased officials to cast doubt on the process and tie up those states results for an unknown period of time. I have a feeling we're going to see another wave of legislation in certain states this summer designed to hand these officials more power and further complicate the processes.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    A few well placed strikes would slow them down a great deal. Hit them in the front and a few places in the middle. Would really wreck the timing and spirts of the Russians.
    QFT. You wonder why Ukrainians haven’t blown up the roads by now, anything to hinder the progress of the Russians.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

QFT. You wonder why Ukrainians haven’t blown up the roads by now, anything to hinder the progress of the Russians.
    I dont know. maybe they want to see how talks turn out before they try and attack the convoy? I dont know. There is all kinds of things they could be doing to disrupt the line but they havnt.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I dont know. maybe they want to see how talks turn out before they try and attack the convoy? I dont know. There is all kinds of things they could be doing to disrupt the line but they havnt.
    I think I've heard that they have no more air power to use.

Another reason could be to lure them all into Kiyv, then turn the city into a killbox. It's risky, and a lot of civilians would be killed, but they may feel that's their only option.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I think I've heard that they have no more air power to use.
    Their planes have been destroyed the first day of the attack, it’s what I heard…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Their planes have been destroyed the first day of the attack, it’s what I heard…
    Yes, thats what the media said. I wonder how that happened. The Ukrainians weren't prepared, I suppose. its almost unbelievable that the planes weren't better defended.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I know Poland and Slovakia were going to send them more fighter planes but it seems they've reversed that decision, perhaps to see how the talks go.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!