Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Then where's the really heinous behavior?
    Hillary Clinton's E-Mail server, probably.

Reminder:

Was there Russian meddling in the Brexit referendum? The Tories just didn't care

Nevertheless, allegations of Russian interference in the 2016 EU referendum did not emerge from the ether and were not simply the online ramblings of conspiracy theorists. As the report notes, there is credible evidence that Russian actors have interfered in foreign elections over a period of some years, and the Russian state often views foreign policy as a zero-sum game.

The prospect of Russian interference should therefore have been taken seriously, not dismissed as partisan theatre. As one expert put it to me, “the best way to counter Russia’s influence is to expose it, transparently, without political games”. A government that valued the integrity of its elections and institutions would make every conceivable effort to investigate and combat breaches. This government’s entire approach to the Russia report suggests that it instead privileged its own short-term interests.

I also found this interesting. There is a blueprint:

TIL In 1997 a book written by Putin's closest advisor #AleksandrDugin claimed Russia should:
    - Isolate UK from rest of Europe
    - Make Europe dependent on Russian oil & gas
    - Destabilize the West using disinformation
    - Annex Ukraine
    - Expand "greater Russia" throughout Europe
    FMmjYcHWYAcedfg.jpg

In other Putin-related news:

the Jan. 6 committee will reference in filing tonight Trump lawyer John Eastman was involved in a potential crime — in order to argue he cannot cite attorney-client privilege to withhold some docs from inquiry

No overstatement to say tonight was one of the most important investigative moments for the Jan. 6 committee — revealing they had evidence Trump obstructed Congress and conspired to defraud the United States
    Last edited by CaptainEurope; 03-03-2022 at 01:39 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Biden administration taking action against the Texas executive orders.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...ation-00013408

President Joe Biden’s administration condemned a Texas effort to investigate the use of gender-affirming procedures on children Wednesday, in a move that promised to intensify the state’s fall election between Republican Gov. Greg Abbott and former Democratic Rep. Beto O’Rourke.

The interjection from Biden and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services arrived hours after a Texas judge temporarily blocked Abbott’s administration from an investigation into the family of a 16-year-old transgender girl but did not stop the practice statewide.

A Feb. 22 directive from the governor ordered the state’s youth protection agency to inspect the use of puberty-blocking drugs or other gender-related medical procedures on children after state officials declared such care can constitute “child abuse” under state law. Abbott also called for inquiries into parents and medical providers who allegedly violate the law.
    Standard care of treatment for under 16s is puberty blockers. Hormone therapy doesn't begin to start until 16. Understand that denying puberty blockers *will* cause harm to trans children.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 03-03-2022 at 04:10 AM.

Volkswagen just shut its factories in Russia and ended all cooperation with Russian entities.

Every day that Putin stays in power, Russia is becoming more and more like North Korea.

Sean Hannity, one of the closest advisors of the former guy, suggested that NATO could just clandestinely bomb the Russian military convoys and not take credit for it.

I want to use this opportunity to once again thank Joe Biden's voters.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Sean Hannity, one of the closest advisors of the former guy, suggested that NATO could just clandestinely bomb the Russian military convoys and not take credit for it.

The world doesn't work like movies Hannity. They will know its Nato bombing them pretty quick and radio in about it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

He probably just threw that out there as a way to pretend that Biden could actually take military action.

If Trump were president, he'd just parrot whatever the Orange said

That would be totally insane!

(I thought our UK Foreign Secretary openly encouraging Brits to travel to Ukraine to fight was mad, Sean H’s suggestion even worse.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Meanwhile, from Texas:

Jeff Younger is running for congress as a Republican on an explicitly anti-trans platform. So anti-trans, in fact, that he lost custody of his own transgender child.

WBE-EEEeee, this guy *definitely* needs your attention. He's a piece of work.

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2021/12/...m-transphobia/

This is the republican party.
    One correction is that he's running for state house, not congress.

According to the article, the child, who has identified as a girl for several years, is currently eight years old (or was as of a few months ago.)

Until quite recently, there was the understanding in the medical community that the majority of gender non-conforming children do not become trans adults.

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/30/o...of-gender.html

It is entirely possible that the father is deeply wrong, and the judge has called him out for profiting off of his family drama. But there are complicating factors here, especially when determining policies.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    One correction is that he's running for state house, not congress.

According to the article, the child, who has identified as a girl for several years, is currently eight years old (or was as of a few months ago.)

Until quite recently, there was the understanding in the medical community that the majority of gender non-conforming children do not become trans adults.

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/30/o...of-gender.html

It is entirely possible that the father is deeply wrong, and the judge has called him out for profiting off of his family drama. But there are complicating factors here, especially when determining policies.
    Thanks for the correction. I did mean the state house. Either way, he's very comfortable running as a republican and denying the existence of trans people all together, as he has out loud.

There is also a difference between 'gender non-conforming', which can mean being something as simple as a supposed 'tomboy' and 'trans'. Most non-gender-conforming people aren't going to turn out to be trans, as trans people are rare, but some certainly will, so that... isn't... surprising? And it doesn't in any way play into his views that trans people that don't exist, and it assuredly does not support Shirer's view that being trans is a social contagion.

It is more than 'possible', at any rate, that the father is 'deeply wrong'.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 03-03-2022 at 05:20 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Be assured, Catlady in training, that I’m very worried… I have my personal problems but, in here in France, we don’t speak about anything but Ukraine although there’s, in a month, a presidential election.

People who know well Putin found him changed… not for the better and he has nuclear weapons…

We have barely finished with the Covid pandemic and the war and the sanctions will probably trigger a crisis and not only in Russia…

A lot of people send money, goods to Ukrainians knowing that these latters are facing an enemy much more powerful that will become nastier and nastier facing a determined resistance…

European leaders tip-toe at the moment to help the Ukrainians without adding fire to the fuel: they send “defensive weapons”… After decades of relative peace in Europe, we have entered in unchartered territory…

In closing, I really don’t know why these news about American policies are so important… I suppose they are… but Russian missiles can reach the US.
    Germany just sent 800 Panzerfaust to the Ukrainia. There were laughed at for sending Helmets first. The time for defensive weapons are over.

Russia could attack the US, thats true. But really no one thinks that will happen, ever. Russia would loose big time...oder destroy half the world with nuclear weapons.

I noticed that Putin doesn't look well anymore. It already started long before the war. Is he ill? And I mean physically.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    He probably just threw that out there as a way to pretend that Biden could actually take military action.

If Trump were president, he'd just parrot whatever the Orange said
    We now know that it was often the other way around: Trump asked Hannity what to say and think.