Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

I think you mean:

Arizona Republican Doug Ducey will not run for the U.S. Senate in 2022

I would not want to be a teacher in Kentucky who's approaching retirement or already retired:

State of Kentucky's Teachers Retirement System was the second-largest shareholder for Sberbank of Russia (The largest bank in Russia).

Their position dropped 95% in value from $13MM to $778K

It will be interesting to find out why they put so much money into a Russian bank. The top-3 institutional holders in that Russian bank are all from Kentucky.

Any thoughts on the US Jobs Report?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    I would not want to be a teacher in Kentucky who's approaching retirement or already retired:

It will be interesting to find out why they put so much money into a Russian bank. The top-3 institutional holders in that Russian bank are all from Kentucky.
    Mitich McConnell and Rand Paul are the sentators of Kentucky that should be a big clue.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Wonder why that is? Could any major Kentucky politician be a Putin stooge? Hmmm?

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

And I’ll bet those teachers probably had no idea that fund was mixed up in Russian banks.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Beijing will pay if it helps Russia evade sanctions, US State Department official warns
    https://www.scmp.com/news/china/arti...3993b1d32bcae7

If China tries to help Russia evade sanctions in the wake of Moscow’s invasion of Ukraine, it will face countermeasures, a senior US State Department official said on Thursday, without providing details.

State Department counsellor Derek Chollet said the allied nations that have joined in sanctioning Russia represent a combined 50 per cent of the global economy; China accounts for around 15 per cent.

"China, if it were to seek to evade the sanctions, or somehow dividing the sanctions, they would be vulnerable," he said. "Any country that tries to evade these sanctions will also face the consequences of its actions. I don’t want to speculate with that would be."
    Republicans and Democrats Unite To Slam Lindsey Graham for Calling for Putin’s Assassination
    https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...ation-1316372/

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) on Thursday night fired off a tweet so irresponsible that it united Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.), Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.), and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas).

Graham wrote that the “only” way out of the crisis in eastern Europe is for Russians to assassinate President Vladimir Putin.

“I really wish our members of Congress would cool it and regulate their remarks as the administration works to avoid WWlll,” Rep. Omar tweeted. “As the world pays attention to how the US and it’s leaders are responding, Lindsey’s remarks and remarks made by some House members aren’t helpful.”

“We need leaders with calm minds & steady wisdom,” wrote Rep. Greene. “Not blood thirsty warmongering politicians trying to tweet tough by demanding assassinations.”

Sen. Ted Cruz, maybe the only Republican senator who gets dunked on more than Graham, chimed in, as well. “This is an exceptionally bad idea,” he wrote. “Use massive economic sanctions; BOYCOTT Russian oil & gas; and provide military aid so the Ukrainians can defend themselves. But we should not be calling for the assassination of heads of state.”
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Beijing will pay if it helps Russia evade sanctions, US State Department official warns
    https://www.scmp.com/news/china/arti...3993b1d32bcae7

Republicans and Democrats Unite To Slam Lindsey Graham for Calling for Putin’s Assassination
    Its funny Cruz talks about how bad it is to call for the assassination of heads of state as he forgives those who stormed the Capital on the 6th while chanting Hang Mike Pence and building Gallows.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    My jaw just dropped. For a sitting Senator to openly call for the assassination of a head of state is stupidity on steroids and will only inflame the situation while making Putin paranoid and give him an excuse to believe the U.S. wants him dead. What the fuck was Graham thinking? That idiot should be censored for his remarks, if not outright punished, sadly, I suspect nothing will happen to him, not while Craven Kevin McCarthy is running the GQP.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My jaw just dropped. For a sitting Senator to openly call for the assassination of a head of state is stupidity on steroids and will only inflame the situation while making Putin paranoid and give him an excuse to believe the U.S. wants him dead. What the fuck was Graham thinking? That idiot should be censored for his remarks, if not outright punished, sadly, I suspect nothing will happen to him, not while Craven Kevin McCarthy is running the GQP.
    He's defending what he said.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Wonder why that is? Could any major Kentucky politician be a Putin stooge? Hmmm?

You think that time Mitch was covered in bruises and refused to offer an explanation, he had tried to get out and the Kremlin reminded him there is no "out"?

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Just a reminder to readers that there has been no credible evidence presented that "fraudulent use of mail in ballots" altered the outcome of the 2020 Presidential Election. This assertion and other claims made by the above poster and others that the election was rigged are false.
    Use of mail in ballots did alter the outcome of the 2020 election, but there was nothing fraudulent about it. It's just that, due to the pandemic, there were a lot more mail in ballots than ever before.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Why not remove said poster so he doesn’t keep spewing his nonsense?
    No. I don't like the idea of feeding anyone's martyr complex.
    Watching television is not an activity.

I completely agree. While many may agree with Graham's sentiments, you do not say that as a sitting government official. He tweeted it and apparently said it on Hannity too.
    Graham has always been a crazed warmonger, salivating at the thought of missiles flying. He should be tossed out for this madness.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

As a senator, Graham answers to the Turtle, not Qevin.
    Dark does not mean deep.