Page 276 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 1762262662722732742752762772782792802863263767761276 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 75153
    Intermediary

Im looking for a better source, but its looking like Chuck E Cheese might be declaring bankruptcy soon

https://patch.com/new-york/patchogue...including-4-li

Intermediary

Thankfully, Connecticut is doing its best to restrict police on that BS 1033 program

A ban on the use of chokeholds, strangleholds, armbar control holds, lateral vascular neck restraints, carotid restraints and chest compressions by state police.
    Changes to the state police department’s use-of-force policy, including a requirement that state troopers “exhaust all other reasonable alternatives before resorting to deadly force" and a requirement that troopers intervene if they see another officer using excessive force.
    A significant restriction on the department’s use of the 1033 Program, a federal initiative through which local law enforcement acquire mine-resistant vehicles, helicopters, automatic weapons and other military gear. A Courant review of the program published Sunday found that police departments in Connecticut, including the state police, had obtained nearly 800 items in the past three years alone.
    A requirement that officers report all uses of force, including every instance they draw a firearm on a civilian.
    A requirement that all state troopers have both body cameras and dashboard cameras by Jan 1, 2021.
    A requirement that each troop appoint a “community trust liaison."

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    Im looking for a better source, but its looking like Chuck E Cheese might be declaring bankruptcy soon

https://patch.com/new-york/patchogue...including-4-li
    1 billion dollars in debt and paying out executive bonuses. We really need some new laws governing executive compensation, because that shouldn't be legal. "I had the rent money, but I had to give myself a raise before I paid you!" That wouldn't fly if I tried it, and it shouldn't be allowed for people with more zeroes on their bank accounts, either.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    1 billion dollars in debt and paying out executive bonuses. We really need some new laws governing executive compensation, because that shouldn't be legal. "I had the rent money, but I had to give myself a raise before I paid you!" That wouldn't fly if I tried it, and it shouldn't be allowed for people with more zeroes on their bank accounts, either.
    I just wonder where parents are supposed to fight each other now

Some military equipment is OK, but it depends. Las Vegas looks lie it has tons, and while the tracked APC (!) is going way too far, a lot of it is actually first aid equipment and the police helicopter - as well as enough spare parts to keep them from having to buy on the open market for a while.

Now my little city 90 miles to the north has one of the mine resistant vehicles, for some reason. The city is basically a retirement community whose biggest issue is property crime. Sure, the Branch Dildonians are only about 20 miles away, but the city police aren't likely to deploy that far even if they were worried about angry white people (despite the fact that the Sovereign Citizen movement is the single most lethal group to police officers in the country), which I kinda doubt.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    I just wonder where parents are supposed to fight each other now
    Little League games.
    Dark does not mean deep.

A check in with North Carolina state legislator Larry Pittman, who once compared Abraham Lincoln, the founder of his party, to Hitler...

He's saying BLM protesters are "vermin" and "terrorists" who are "asking to be shot by police"

There's a reason I've been profiling him since the first year of CSGOPOTD.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I'm not sure that tactic will work this time. There's too much baggage for Trump to overcome from his horribly hamfisted response to COVID-19 which resulted in nearly 120,000 dead, millions unemployed and the economy, the only thing that kept his poll numbers afloat, in shambles. Meanwhile, cities aren't nearly as gripped by chaos and violence now as they were two weeks ago, despite the latest police involved debacle in Atlanta over the weekend, things are relatively calm, so there's nothing Trump can hang his hat on at present.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

After listening to Trumps Speech, it suddenly occurred to me. In this day, we need more folks like Ed Rendell in office.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I'm not sure that tactic will work this time. There's too much baggage for Trump to overcome from his horribly hamfisted response to COVID-19 which resulted in nearly 120,000 dead, millions unemployed and the economy, the only thing that kept his poll numbers afloat, in shambles. Meanwhile, cities aren't nearly as gripped by chaos and violence now as they were two weeks ago, despite the latest police involved debacle in Atlanta over the weekend, things are relatively calm, so there's nothing Trump can hang his hat on at present.
    Plus this time people can see how much of the violence is started by the police, often without any provocation. And they can see the police unions rallying around members who obviously shouldn't have any power over fellow human beings.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

This Trump press conference is a hot ass bad wig mess as per usual.

He quickly veered off the teleprompter for what's supposed to be a police reform executive order.

Choke holds banned unless the officer feels like his life is in danger? Ok so choke holds whenever they want then

He riffed about some imaginary Aids vaccine and getting dragged on twitter

Obligatory I am the best ever president

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Nixon ran in an open election, as Johnson decided not to run for re-election. Trump is the incumbent, so a lot of voters will hold him responsible for whatever bad stuff is going on.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Pink is just another shade of red after all.
    The color pink may not actually exist.
    It may just be an illusion.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

In International news:

Munira Mirza, the head of the No 10 policy unit, is leading much of the work to form the commission on race and ethnic disparities announced by Boris Johnson on Sunday after the global wave of Black Lives Matter protests, who has cast doubt on the existence of institutional racism and condemned previous inquiries for fostering a “culture of grievance”, it has emerged.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...droidApp_Tweet

Berlin authorities placed children with pedophiles for 30 years

http://https://m.dw.com/en/berlin-au...ars/a-53814208

So it look like the French police unions are as powerful in politics as the US Police union. Under pressure from police, the French government backed away Monday from a ban on chokeholds during arrests. Police unions in france praised the fact that the interior minister backed down.

https://apnews.com/dabf6f30218b720a0357fca3dc23a20e

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Well, s***. There's someone new for the queue.
    I'm shocked you didn't have him already, tbh! The good news is that you'll probably only have to profile him once :P