Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I think the biggest problem is people had way too many expectations for Biden after he was elected. I heard so many people "Now we will fix things. Now there will be change." Voter protection, Police Reform were going to be passed easy. People didnt stop and look at just how bad the GOP has gotten and how they were going to black everything. And the two Dems that blocked the BB didnt help because it gave the GOP the talking point of "Well his own party hates it." And Mitch acted like for weeks he would vote for it in a second if those darn Dems wernt standing in the way.

Biden has gotten a good amount done considering what he has faced and the road blocks in his way. The man is really trying. Some times trying to hard to get the GOP to work with him when it is clear they wont. Biden is a decent man that has really tried to and is still trying to do what he feels is best for this country. Sadly the other side is in love with a guy and a party who can say 100 percent the opposite.
    People didn't promise big during the General Election.

Biden did.

You want to be the man? You wind up with the man's headaches and that sword hanging close overhead.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    People didn't promise big during the General Election.

Biden did.

You want to be the man? You wind up with the man's headaches and that sword hanging close overhead.
    Im not saying people promised big. i know Biden made the promises. But a lot of people bought into those promises as if they were a done deal rather then looking at the reality of the situation and seeing how hard they would be to get done. So a lot of people are pissed because they did not want to face the real world of where American politics is at. Biden himself has a hard time with it, or did with all that great uniter talk.

So people didnt temper their expectations and now they are discounting everything Biden has done because their issues were not solved.

There were some people who saw Nancy P and others wearing Africa cloths (Not at all a move to pander) and said they care they will help us and solve things. It didnt happen and they are upset.

Many people thought the BBB was a lock. Didnt turn out that way and now They are pissed at Biden.

I am sure there are a lot of Dem voters who voted in 2020 that will not show up ion 2022 or 2024 because they are disappointed.
    Last edited by babyblob; 03-20-2022 at 03:51 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

One of the ignorant things is people sharing FB memes of fuel prices and going "Build Back Better , yeah right !" Acting like the bill passed and not realizing it didn't. And you know these folks are too stupid to actually look into it to realize that NO...the bill didn't pass because of 2 people.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Im not saying people promised big. i know Biden made the promises. But a lot of people bought into those promises as if they were a done deal rather then looking at the reality of the situation and seeing how hard they would be to get done. So a lot of people are pissed because they did not want to face the real world of where American politics is at. Biden himself has a hard time with it, or did with all that great uniter talk.

So people didnt temper their expectations and now they are discounting everything Biden has done because their issues were not solved.

There were some people who saw Nancy P and others wearing Africa cloths (Not at all a move to pander) and said they care they will help us and solve things. It didnt happen and they are upset.

Many people thought the BBB was a lock. Didnt turn out that way and now They are pissed at Biden.

I am sure there are a lot of Dem voters who voted in 2020 that will not show up ion 2022 or 2024 because they are disappointed.
    They have every right to be.

The man currently holding the office ran on being able to contend with this exact issue. It was a central aspect of his pitch during the primary.

That he might not(and has not thus far...) be able to deliver?

That is understandable.

That he has not made a particularly solid pitch when folks should give him a second chance to do so and the Congress that he will absolutely need to have any shot at doing so?

That is what is difficult to understand.

Anyone can just sit back, and take the prize when winning it was simple.

Being someone who can get things done when times are tough?

That is a whole other deal, and I am not sure Biden can even start to be that person.

That said, fingers crossed.

Hoping for that, along with a large side of Republican ineptitude in the fall. Even if I tend to doubt that any of it will be forthcoming.

Well...

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/20/polit...zed/index.html

Justice Clarence Thomas hospitalized 'after experiencing flu-like symptoms'

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

Will we see Biden get his 2nd Supreme Court judge soon ? Will we see the court even out again to be fair ? Hopefully we do.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Will we see Biden get his 2nd Supreme Court judge soon ? Will we see the court even out again to be fair ? Hopefully we do.
    Ug, I can't do that kind of gloating. I don't like a lot of Thomas' rulings but I can't wish ill health on anyone just because I disagree with them.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    For that to happen it would take Thomas passing away or Retiring which I doubt he would do in Biden's term. If he did pass it would be a while before before Biden would announce his replacement. there would be the mourning period and services and such. Even if he did announce a replacement hours after Thomas passed if he does (We dont know how sick he is and I do not want to see a person die.) I dont see a second confirmation hearing happening before the midterms, if the GOP take back the Senate then no Biden wont get a second SC on the bench. I just dont see that happening.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Don't wish him ill. But would welcome him out of the Court.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Russia is now using some very scary type of missile:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60806151

I don't like the combination that it can carry a nuclear warhead, can hit a target up to 2 000 km and as I read elsewhere, apparently there is no effective defence against it.
    don't get too scared. the fact that they're parading this thing about an acting like it's a war-winning superweapon is... ironically, a pretty good sign.

I'm sure it's real. but sometimes it is profitable to advertise something as being just around the corner when it's really just an idea. they could be doing this to bolster morale back at home and scare possible enemies.

look at Reagan's imaginary Star Wars program. that was never gonna happen. we can't even pull that off now... so, it was certainly impossible back in 1983! but, it was supposed to scare the Soviets, and make our people feel better at the same time.

And we're glad it's here. Unfortunately, it reportedly does not replace that S300 system (I am learning things about military technique I never wanted to), so we can't send that one to Ukraine.

If anyone else is feeling hopeless about not being able to do anything, this might be just a little thing we can do:

Put Putin on trial petition
    https://secure.avaaz.org/campaign/en...2YzqwYHN0fkM7k

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    don't get too scared. the fact that they're parading this thing about an acting like it's a war-winning superweapon is... ironically, a pretty good sign.

I'm sure it's real. but sometimes it is profitable to advertise something as being just around the corner when it's really just an idea. they could be doing this to bolster morale back at home and scare possible enemies.

look at Reagan's imaginary Star Wars program. that was never gonna happen. we can't even pull that off now... so, it was certainly impossible back in 1983! but, it was supposed to scare the Soviets, and make our people feel better at the same time.
    Many of the big Russian (and Soviet before them) weapons were over hyped in both capability and effectiveness. The T14 Armata that was supposed to make all other tanks obsolete is nowhere near that effective, and exists only in the dozens - and not many dozens at that. It hearkens back to those Soviet propaganda films with endless bombers flying overhead, which were really the same few bombers making circles.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The yellow bellied and spineless cowards from the Qpublican Party could learn lessons in courage from this young lady:

Russian troops form a mob to arrest teenager Olga Misik while she reads Article 31 of the Russian constitution that guarantees the right to a peaceful protest.

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Many of the big Russian (and Soviet before them) weapons were over hyped in both capability and effectiveness. The T14 Armata that was supposed to make all other tanks obsolete is nowhere near that effective, and exists only in the dozens - and not many dozens at that. It hearkens back to those Soviet propaganda films with endless bombers flying overhead, which were really the same few bombers making circles.
    I suppose it’s effective enough to kill a shed load of people. And caused a fantastic amount of property damage..was reading that 90 percent of all Mariupol buildings have been destroyed.

I find the bravery and resilience of the Ukrainian people astonishing. I’ve been comparing their fortitude to my own and my fellow Brits…we tend to be rushing to supermarkets to stockpile if there’s even a rumour of a shortage….

I guess that resilience has been an even bigger factor than Russian ineffectiveness in Russia’s failure to get a quick easy victory.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Well, I've listed several executive actions Biden has taken that I've agreed with but they didn't receive responses. I've asked the thread as a whole to share how they feel about his performance thus far and no one seemed to want to. You may feel that every bit of negativity hurts our chances but I'm not seeing much praise or positivity. There has to be some "wins" that can be discussed around here.
    There's an intense focus on Republicans, which I obviously understand the reason for, but there's very little discussion about the current president who is still dealing with a pandemic, an increase in prices on pretty much everything across the board, and now a war.
    They can't talk about his performance because it is a losing argument for them so they ignore all his failures, deflect to their Trump hate or attack you for pointing out the facts of Biden's policies hurting the country. You won't see anything about the border, inflation, the 10k Americans who lost their job o his first day (in the middle of a pandemic), Afghanistan, crime, asking OPEC for oil, over regulating the energy industry, dropping sanctions against Iran's nuke program, fentanyl deaths, failure to deter the Russian invasion, the list goes on and on but they have all drank from the liberal well of ignorance, hate and non-tolerance of other views...