BANNED

On trans female athletes, it's complicated. On the one hand the idea of acceptance as a woman is very important for them, and that means inclusion in female-only activities or spaces. On the other hand there are going to be clear and undeniable physical advantages for those born and who develop into an adult male elite athletic form before transitioning. Sometimes those who see inclusion as being more important than fairness/parity in sports (which in a vacuum should be everyone) can sometimes try to ignore or downplay this clear advantage. While one is more important than the other it doesn't discount the clear problem with competitive advantage you're going to have with male-sized bodies in female competitions. If you care about sports (and many do) something will probably have to be done to address this.

On the other hand, the issue is a small one in the overall trans acceptance issue. Most folks over a certain age have trouble wrapping their head around it, myself included, even if they accept it. 20-30 years ago I'd wager most people in this country hadn't heard of it, let alone had an opinion on it. Also 20-30 years ago the idea of gay marriage was one the public was firmly against. So that gives me some hope on this issue. But an issue like the trans athletes controversy is a block in the road because it allows those who are against trans anything to point to it and say, "see, this is going to be a problem!" And those who are confused about the idea of a man being born in a woman's body or vice versa are a lot less confused about the chances of a transitioned Lebron James being able to effortlessly outcompete even the greatest WNBA stars (who, gun to my head and most others, we could not name).

I have no doubt that's why this narrative is being pushed, it serves an anti-trans agenda. The problem is, there's a point here (even if it's being hijacked to suppress the rights of a group of disadvantaged people). So it should be addressed.

Astonishing Member

My god I would pay someone to walk up to Lindsey Graham and just slap the shit out of him. This bloviating, grandstanding, condescending flat out baseless attack is horrific to watch. He has no intention of substantive back and forth Q/A. He barely lets her get one word out before interrupting and going on his attention seeking tangents. All designed to get on Fox and the right wing shows screaming and bloviating in mock outrage.

The arrogance here is astounding.

Russia makes bid to host soccer's European Championship in 2028 or 2032
    Deon J. Hampton

8m ago / 10:59 AM CDT
    Russia is making an attempt to host the European Championship despite being banned from participating in international soccer over its invasion of Ukraine.

The Russian Football Union (RFU), the governing body of soccer in Russia, has placed a bid to host the EURO in either 2028 or 2032.

Wednesday was the deadline to submit an 'Expression of Interest' to Union of European Football Associations (UEFA).

During an executive meeting on Wednesday, the RFU said it supports the decision to declare interest in hosting the championship.

Russia hosted the World Cup in 2018.
    They start a war of aggression, they become an international pariah, they are banned from participating in international soccer, but they'll still put in a bid to host a tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    My god I would pay someone to walk up to Lindsey Graham and just slap the shit out of him. This bloviating, grandstanding, condescending flat out baseless attack is horrific to watch. He has no intention of substantive back and forth Q/A. He barely lets her get one word out before interrupting and going on his attention seeking tangents. All designed to get on Fox and the right wing shows screaming and bloviating in mock outrage.
    He grandstanded yesterday, then stormed out of the room. I wish he'd have kept walking and not come back.

Nine humanitarian corridors agreed for Wednesday - Ukrainian deputy PM
    https://www.reuters.com/world/nine-h...pm-2022-03-23/

LVIV, Ukraine, March 23 (Reuters) - Agreement has been reached to try to evacuate civilians trapped in Ukrainian towns and cities through nine "humanitarian corridors" on Wednesday, Deputy Prime Minister Iryna Vereshchuk said.

Signalling no agreement had been reached with Russia to establish a safe corridor form the heart of Mariupol, she said people wishing to leave the besieged port city would find transport in nearby Berdyansk.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I’ve seen clips, and it’s disgusting. I’m of the opinion this is all an orchestrated scheme by Graham and Qpublicans to rile up Judge Brown in the hope she’ll lose her temper and go off like Kegger Kavanaugh had done during his hearings, that way, Faux News and right wing pundits can puff out their chests and say in phony indignation: “See how hotheaded she is? The last thing this country needs is a typical angry black woman on the high court!” I’m glad Judge Brown hasn’t taken the bait from those GQP assholes.

By they way, for whatever it’s worth, I’d pound the shit out of Graham for free. All I’d ask is for someone to pay my bail and legal fees after I’m arrested.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I’ve seen clips, and it’s disgusting. I’m of the opinion this is all an orchestrated scheme by Graham and Qpublicans to rile up Judge Brown in the hope she’ll lose her temper and go off like Kegger Kavanaugh had done during his hearings, that way, Faux News and right wing pundits can puff out their chests and say in phony indignation: “See how hotheaded she is? The last thing this country needs is a typical angry black woman on the high court!” I’m glad Judge Brown hasn’t taken the bait from those GQP assholes.

By they way, for whatever it’s worth, I’d pound the shit out of Graham for free. All I’d ask is for someone to pay my bail and legal fees after I’m arrested.
    Oh it was clearly designed to get an "angry black woman" response. She isn't giving them anything they want so far. All they have are the baseless CRT, "soft on crime" that have been clearly disproven over and over by peer reviews of her record. She wont fall into their traps of "progressive activist judge", and court packing. So He was just trying to make her mad and still failing.

She is handling herself really well. I am really happy about that and it makes me smile that she is not giving the racist GOP anything to use. She is making it clear to them and the country that the only reason they have to attack her is because they are racist POS!!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    There are no cheats. They literally do not exist. It has never happened. transphobic bigots confuse the movie 'Ladybugs' for reality.
    And they think "Juwanna Mann" was a documentary.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Oh it was clearly designed to get an "angry black woman" response. She isn't giving them anything they want so far. All they have are the baseless CRT, "soft on crime" that have been clearly disproven over and over by peer reviews of her record. She wont fall into their traps of "progressive activist judge", and court packing. So He was just trying to make her mad and still failing.
    Even the audience is tired of Graham.
    Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 11.52.11 AM.jpg

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

DeSantos , desperate for media attention as usual has claimed his state (Florida) will declare that the woman who finished 2nd in Olympics won. Yes...he's that f'n stupid and wanting media over this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    She is handling herself really well. I am really happy about that and it makes me smile that she is not giving the racist GOP anything to use. She is making it clear to them and the country that the only reason they have to attack her is because they are racist POS!!
    The fact that she was able to keep her composure when Cruz was asking her about racist babies, was amazing. I’m sure she goes home and immediately screams into a pillow.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    The arrogance here is astounding.

They start a war of aggression, they become an international pariah, they are banned from participating in international soccer, but they'll still put in a bid to host a tournament.
    They're gaslighting everyone that the atrocities they're committing aren't exactly that, and that they should just proceed as if it's not happening, because it's "not that bad".

Authoritarian playbook.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

At this point I honestly think the whole thing shouldn't have been televised. It's just a bunch of idiots trying to be as horrible as possible and going through the most fake scripted meltdowns int order to create clips for the evening Fox News shows. Absolutely no value to any of this at all, if they turned off the cameras most of them would probably just go home.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    So just curious, if you care that much about Hillary's emnails, what do you think about Trump taking classified material home with him after leaving the White House?
    My, and I assume any american's concern, about classified documents is who else gets to look at them without authorization. The highest classified person taking physical documents to a not easily accessed location and having the absolute power to declassify at will compared to a easily copied electronic format of perhaps compromising materials being held by someone other than the president themselves seems like apples and oranges.