I think this is the day we should all post our stories of how the Donald came into our life and transformed it for the better.

If enough of us do that small thing, the Pope might confer the sainthood that is long overdue.

Here is my contribution. I erected a small shrine in my bedroom, with a statue of the great one, and prayed to it.

The very next day, the prayer was answered: Susan from accounts agreed to go on a date with me.

All we need to do is to relate similar miracles.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    I think this is the day we should all post our stories of how the Donald came into our life and transformed it for the better.

If enough of us do that small thing, the Pope might confer the sainthood that is long overdue.

Here is my contribution. I erected a small shrine in my bedroom, with a statue of the great one, and prayed to it.

The very next day, the prayer was answered: Susan from accounts agreed to go on a date with me.

All we need to do is to relate similar miracles.
    As a kid, I really enjoyed the Doonesbury jokes that made fun of him.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Well! Have you ever tried to become a florist, hair dresser or steel worker as a straight? The gays are taking all those jobs!
    I thought it was construction workers, cops, and Indians - Native Americans, but that was back in the 70s. And they one and all wanted to be In The Navy, so each could prove he was a Macho Man. The recruiter was hanging out at the YMCA....
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Looks like Putin called in pros after his army screwed up things in Ukraine. My guess is those Syrians will engage in guerilla operations against the Ukrainians.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I love centrism:

Biden Admin Takes Slew of New Actions on International Transgender Day of Visibility

In a fact sheet, the administration announced new measures aimed at making the federal government more inclusive for transgender people. These aim to support the mental health of trans kids, improve data representation for trans people, and remove federal barriers to government services.

The White House will aim to advance the “dignity, respect, and self-determination for transgender people by improving the traveler experience,” the fact sheet explains. “For far too long, transgender, non-binary, and gender non-conforming Americans have faced significant barriers to traveling safely and many have not had their gender identity respected as they travel within the United States and around the world.”

These new measures will also make it easier for people to change their gender with the Social Security Administration, and many data collecting services will now offer the option of choosing “X” as their gender as well. This includes when filing for federal aid, filing an employment discrimination complaint, or when filling out forms to visit the White House.

Immediate Federal-Level Changes to Make Travel Safer, More Accessible for Trans Americans

All U.S. citizens will be able to select an “X” as their gender marker on their U.S. passport application starting April 11, 2022
    The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) will update its screening technology, replacing the gender-based system with more accurate tech to improve the customer experience of transgender and nonbinary travelers who have previously been required to undergo additional screening due to alarms in sensitive areas
    Removing gender considerations when validating a traveler’s identification at security checkpoints

The Biden Admin Also Announced Mental Health Supports for LGBTQIA+ Kids, Parents

A new website that offers resources for trans kids and their parents, including best practices for affirming an LGBTQIA+ child, and suicide prevention information
    New training is offered for schools to discuss the challenges faced by nonbinary and trans kids, and the strategies needed to support them
    Release new information for care providers confirming that providing gender-affirming care is neither child maltreatment nor malpractice, but in fact, helps save kids’ lives

These actions are being advanced amid a backdrop of states limiting the civil and legal rights of trans kids and their parents nationwide.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Dubya was dumber than a box of hammers, but not even he would’ve suggested pumping disinfectant into your body. Astounding.
    But not dumb enough to pump it into himself….he’s got a strong survival instinct that seems to bubble away underneath the level of intellect.

But not dumb enough to pump it into himself….he’s got a strong survival instinct that seems to bubble away underneath the level of intellect.
    Where was that survival instinct when he stared directly into an eclipse?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Where was that survival instinct when he stared directly into an eclipse?
    Lol! Didn’t know he’d done that.

I can sort of imagine “his logic” on that: “The sun is a long way away, it can’t hurt anyone”.

Lol! Didn’t know he’d done that.

I can sort of imagine “his logic” on that: “The sun is a long way away, it can’t hurt anyone”.

Even some of his fans in the crowd were literally yelling "DON'T LOOK AT IT!!"

Looks like Putin called in pros after his army screwed up things in Ukraine. My guess is those Syrians will engage in guerilla operations against the Ukrainians.
    Actually, according to the article, these troops are expecting No-Combat duty. guard duty, support, etc. but no fighting. imagine their surprise when Putin sends them into battle as more cannon fodder.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Trump may face day in court thanks to lawsuit from reggae singer Eddy Grant

If the case is not settled and the new schedule is agreed, Trump and Grant will be deposed by 21 June.

Elsewhere in New York, Letitia James, the state attorney general, is trying to compel Trump to sit for deposition in her civil investigation of his business practices.

One word about this….nothingburger. If Trump has yet to have been hauled into court over his involvement in an attempted coup, a copyright kerfluffle with a singer won’t get him in a courtroom either.

Be wary for today tis the day of fools. Dare not let yourselves be taken in by their pranks and shenanigans.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Be wary for today tis the day of fools. Dare not let yourselves be taken in by their pranks and shenanigans.
    Hmph! Forgot what today is. Thanks for the warning, Tami!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Hmph! Forgot what today is. Thanks for the warning, Tami!
    Speaking of... it's time for Disappointing Democrat of the Day!

Ralph Northam & Mark Herring

After the 2016 election, it was clear that Democrats would do well in the 2017 off-year elections in Virginia (to say nothing of 2018). So when Ralph Northam won the governor’s race, and then the sweep was complete with Mark Herring getting elected lieutenant governor, it was cause for celebration. And then, a little over a year later, within days of each other, both were confronted with their past at going to costume parties while in blackface. First Northam, and then Herring. Neither resigned (and there’s almost no mechanism to impeach a Governor or Lieutenant Governor of Virginia, especially for something he did prior to the Reagan administration), but both vehemently apologized for their actions almost four decades ago.

Which, before anyone comments “BOTH SIDES!” this, we want to point out that yes, there are Republicans who had blackface scandals including Mississippi Governor Kay Ivey, or Florida state legislator Anthony Sabatini, who was doing it as recently as 2004 and makes no apologies. Both Northam and Herring are now out of office. 

Roger Bacon

Roger W. Bacon has been a “perennial candidate” who has failed to be elected to office even once even though he’s been run for six different offices since 1992, when he was the Libertarian candidate to be the U.S. House Representative from New Jersey’s 2nd Congressional District. Even though he has been running as a Democrat now for well over a decade, he’s still not had any luck, including in his 2021 New Jersey Gubernatorial campaign where his slogan was, “Make New Jersey Great Again.” Because if there’s a place Donald Trump sure is beloved and you should emulate him, it’s New Jersey. Or if there’s policies still relevant to the public, it’s getting rid of NAFTA (this guy is still stuck in a 1992 time warp). But, Bacon was especially motivated after having had to survive not just the Covid-19 pandemic, but Gov. Phil Murphy’s choice to limit public gatherings and establish mask mandates to curtail the spread of the disease. Bacon’s level-headed take was:

Roger Bacon said he decided to run because “any incumbent should be challenged” and predictably got almost no fundraising for his hairbrained, quixotic tilt at the windmill. Of course, he also failed to even get the requisite number of signatures to appear on the ballot. Maybe if he ran as a Republican, he might have some sort of a chance.

Last edited by worstblogever; 04-01-2022 at 01:42 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.