Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    This would almost be laughable if those soldiers hadn’t died, as it was, that was a major facepalm moment. You’d think those idiot grunts would’ve known better than to accept ANY sort of offering from a populace they’ve been trying to wipe off the map.
    But they're saving them from Nazis!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    But they're saving them from Nazis!
    No, they are killing them because they believe that they are Nazis and a threat to Russia.

99% of these Russian Soldiers are too young to remember WWII, and too misinformed to even understand the meaning of the word Nazi.
    Last edited by Tami; 04-03-2022 at 06:51 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    No, they are killing them because they believe that they are Nazis and a threat to Russia.

99% of these Russian Soldiers are too young to remember WWII, and too misinformed to even understand the meaning of the word Nazi.
    I was being sarcastic.

Frankly, I doubt many Russian soldiers care about stopping Nazis. I imagine that there are those who don't want to be there, and those that do, see their actions as helping 'Make Russia Great Again'.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Well, it looks like Hungary has chosen to get one more step closer to totalitarianism. As one of our sayings goes, He who can't accept advice, can't be helped.
    Now, can we please kick them out of EU and take in Ukraine instead?
    I don't think Hungary will be kicked out & Ukraine will join the EU soon.

LOL, I told you that Orban would win the elections. Honestly I'm not as upset as I was expecting myself to be in case Orban would win. I'm not surprised, I live here.

Oh, and comments saying pple like being lied to is so true.
    Last edited by The Invincible Beawulf; 04-04-2022 at 01:17 AM.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

I figured Orban would win. His control of the media and other levers of power in Hungary is too well entrenched for him to be dislodged. racism, nationalism, and antisemitism alongside other pernicious forms of bigotry of course, helped. What's happening in Hungary (and Poland too) has been pretty disturbing. I'd like nothing more to his government collapse, alongside a few others.

Anyway, he's awful.

From what I understand, most Russians are living in an alternate reality where they singlehandedly won WW2. Where they were on the right side since the beginning, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    I don't think Hungary will be kicked out & Ukraine will join the EU soon.
    I know it's not likely, but it's my wishful thinking. He will go on shitting on EU, while robbing them through eurofonds. And cozing up to Putin as long as possible. Disgusting.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I figured Orban would win. His control of the media and other levers of power in Hungary is too well entrenched for him to be dislodged. racism, nationalism, and antisemitism alongside other pernicious forms of bigotry of course, helped. What's happening in Hungary (and Poland too) has been pretty disturbing. I'd like nothing more to his government collapse, alongside a few others.

Anyway, he's awful.
    Fingers crossed for Belarus. I think it's their last chance.
    Slava Ukraini!

Fingers crossed for Belarus. I think it's their last chance.
    Lukaschenko is only in power because Russia propped him up. Given how willing both he, and Russia, is to spill blood to maintain their grip on power, I don't like the chances of anything good happening there.

I know it's not likely, but it's my wishful thinking. He will go on shitting on EU, while robbing them through eurofonds. And cozing up to Putin as long as possible. Disgusting.
    And he's hit all highpoints in his first speech, criticising Brussels, Zelensky and Soros. I guess he knows his audience.
    Slava Ukraini!

And he's hit all highpoints in his first speech, criticising Brussels, Zelensky and Soros. I guess he knows his audience.
    Gee. I wonder what Soros and Zelensky have in common?

Lukaschenko is only in power because Russia propped him up. Given how willing both he, and Russia, is to spill blood to maintain their grip on power, I don't like the chances of anything good happening there.
    There are some signs of mutiny in the army about the war, they have apparently been sabotaging some supplying of russian troops. If Lukashenko does send them to join the war, I guess it might be a potential trigger for some serious mutiny combined with big demonstrations of people. But who knows, I don't know much about military, so that's just me brainstorming.
    Slava Ukraini!

Gee. I wonder what Soros and Zelensky have in common?
    Liberal fascists fighting against dictatorships... I mean democracy and conservative values?
    Slava Ukraini!

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Liberal fascists fighting against dictatorships... I mean democracy and conservative values?
    Christian conservative values! Not just 'conservative values'!!!
    And illiberal democracy! Not just 'democracy'!!!

(It's pretty sad...)
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

From what I understand, most Russians are living in an alternate reality where they singlehandedly won WW2. Where they were on the right side since the beginning, of course.
    Rather common: during the Brexit negotiations, we learnt that the British people thought they singlehandedly won WW2…

Edit: And the Americans tend to forget the USSR role in the defeat of the Nazis, too…
    Last edited by Zelena; 04-04-2022 at 03:58 AM.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

You have to wonder why people vote that way, it's hard for me to understand.
    I heard that the organization of the elections didn’t help the opposition party…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe