Ohio is going to have its own Dont say Gay bill. House bill 616.

Also included in the bill will be a section that prohibits talk about race and racism in a "Divisive way" in both the class and through books and literature.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    They don't need to move.

They have more money than god. What this will probably do is make them start donating to the opponents of Desantis and his merry band, and donate to anything that opposes them to get them out of office as fast as they can.
    They can do that. Im not sure they will get into it heavy. Or at least not in a public way.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Here is the Divisive things that cant be talked about in house bill 616.

(1) "Divisive or inherently racist concepts" include all of the following: (a) Critical race theory; (b) Intersectional theory; (c) The 1619 project; (d) Diversity, equity, and inclusion learning outcomes; (e) Inherited racial guilt; (f) Any other concept that the state board of education defines as divisive or inherently racist, in accordance with rules adopted under Chapter 119. of the Revised Code.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I dont think in any way Florida is in any danger of losing Disney. All the decades of buildup that went into the park, all the money and time they have invested. They are just going to go

"I dont like the law or Desantis. Lets pack it up and start over."

Ive heard people talking like Disney will move if pushed too far . Yea not happening.
    They'll move to fund DeSantis' replacement.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Ohio is going to have its own Dont say Gay bill. House bill 616.

Also included in the bill will be a section that prohibits talk about race and racism in a "Divisive way" in both the class and through books and literature.
    The GOP is literally trying to Cancel CULTURE.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    After what Russia did already in Ukraine, I think that would be harder to do. It's as if Putin is working backwards. Normally you try and turn the people against the govt, then you come in as 'saviors' to rescue them. Or some such garbage like that.
    The chaos and aftermath of war may make it easier to infiltrate.
    Many government buildings systems and databases may have been specifically targeted to make it more difficult to re-establish a working national governmental system. People who had been receiving benefits and pensions may not have those immediately when they return from evacuation. Others will need to start their lives completely over from zero. Without a working system, discontent and dissatisfaction would be pretty easy to foment and exploit.
    One things for certain: Putin isn't done with Ukraine by any means.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

They don't need to move.

They have more money than god. What this will probably do is make them start donating to the opponents of Desantis and his merry band, and donate to anything that opposes them to get them out of office as fast as they can.
    They can try.

Florida's a relatively conservative state, the current political environment is favorable to Republicans (the Democratic President has an approval rating of roughly forty percent, midterm voters tend to be more conservative) and DeSantis appears to be reasonably popular.

https://floridapolitics.com/archives...r-legislature/

This doesn't seem to be a case where a little bit of money can alter the outcome of an election.

There is also a question about what the fight's about, and what it would do to Disney's reputation with moderate parents.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Here is the Divisive things that cant be talked about in house bill 616.

(1) "Divisive or inherently racist concepts" include all of the following: (a) Critical race theory; (b) Intersectional theory; (c) The 1619 project; (d) Diversity, equity, and inclusion learning outcomes; (e) Inherited racial guilt; (f) Any other concept that the state board of education defines as divisive or inherently racist, in accordance with rules adopted under Chapter 119. of the Revised Code.
    Can they talk about 616 being the number of the beast of the apocalypse?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...6-5349692.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    After what Russia did already in Ukraine, I think that would be harder to do. It's as if Putin is working backwards. Normally you try and turn the people against the govt, then you come in as 'saviors' to rescue them. Or some such garbage like that.
    One argument is that Putin paid people to lay the groundwork for that kind of stuff, and didn't realize that he got scammed. So the Russians enter with an expectation that there will be at least be someone willing to pretend to treat them as liberators.

He seemed to think the military was different from the rest of his kleptocracy.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    If they were correct in their rhetoric, this would be a major priority.

What would be a bigger deal for the Texas legislature?
    Well, how about fixing the state’s raggedy power grid which breaks down every time there’s a cold snap in winter and a heat wave in summer? And all for the sake of a solution in search of a problem.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

A good friend of my brother's passed away a few days ago in his sleep. He was in his early 30s. I've known him for about fifteen years.

There's no point about politics here. I don't know know what the cause was, or whether any policies could have prevented it. He was a good guy and I'm bummed about his death and thinking about what matters.

He died before he can have an impact in ways that outsiders can appreciate. The main people who know are a small circle of family and friends. He had an okay job but I don't think he had a leadership post, or the seniority that comes with the independence to do something measurable. I don't know if he was able to have a great romance, or to inspire the next generation of his family. He moved a few years ago to be closer to his brother and parents, but I don't know if he was able to become a part of the larger community.

Take care of yourselves.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Ultimate Member

They don't need to move.

You can donate all the money you want but if folks do NOT go and vote it doesn't matter.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

A good friend of my brother's passed away a few days ago in his sleep. He was in his early 30s. I've known him for about fifteen years.

There's no point about politics here. I don't know know what the cause was, or whether any policies could have prevented it. He was a good guy and I'm bummed about his death and thinking about what matters.

He died before he can have an impact in ways that outsiders can appreciate. The main people who know are a small circle of family and friends. He had an okay job but I don't think he had a leadership post, or the seniority that comes with the independence to do something measurable. I don't know if he was able to have a great romance, or to inspire the next generation of his family. He moved a few years ago to be closer to his brother and parents, but I don't know if he was able to become a part of the larger community.

Take care of yourselves.
    My condolences. Death can be so damn random at times, you never know when your time will come, and that makes every morning you wake up a gift. Cherish it, everybody.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Yes..of course…the army is not one homogeneous mass, and if you knew the detailed story of a hundred of them, relatively few would be monsters, I guess.

But then if they were in my country, part of a force that is killing civilians, shelling nuclear reactors, raping…then I wouldn’t expect my own countries armed forces to care about telling the sheeps from the goats, it would be that old maxim “let’s kill them all and worry about details afterwards”.

So war makes monsters of both sides.
    Um, I really wouldn't be both-siding here. It should be clear who the monsters are.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The GOP is literally trying to Cancel CULTURE.
    Raising an uneducated generation to throw into the future electoral/maybe literal meat grinder sounds good enough for the QGP/Putin useful idiots lot.

Take care of yourselves.
    Sorry, and condolences. Most people look to live long lives, even while knowing that it won't last forever. but dying young and unexpectedly is especially tragic. Someone I knew socially also died way too young and suddenly, happened several years ago. We had been talking about getting together to play chess. Next thing I know I'm at his funeral. So I very much empathize.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.