Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    If you can't be motivated to vote for the Dems to stop the obvious harm being done to trans people right now that began under the last republican administration and instead need Chris Smalls brought to the white house, I don't know what to tell you except that you're not the ally you think you are.

You know?

Meanwhile, in practical reality, we have the most labor-friendly administration in a generation and if you think unions would be charting these wins under a republican administration that would in fact be leaning in to stop them, I don't know what to tell you.
    Here in Missouri, the only political ads I've seen run are the one promising to "protect women from men pretending to be women". It's gonna be a nasty midterm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    A good friend of my brother's passed away a few days ago in his sleep. He was in his early 30s. I've known him for about fifteen years.

There's no point about politics here. I don't know know what the cause was, or whether any policies could have prevented it. He was a good guy and I'm bummed about his death and thinking about what matters.

He died before he can have an impact in ways that outsiders can appreciate. The main people who know are a small circle of family and friends. He had an okay job but I don't think he had a leadership post, or the seniority that comes with the independence to do something measurable. I don't know if he was able to have a great romance, or to inspire the next generation of his family. He moved a few years ago to be closer to his brother and parents, but I don't know if he was able to become a part of the larger community.

Take care of yourselves.
    That's terrible, I hate to hear that. That's way to early to go.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Here in Missouri, the only political ads I've seen run are the one promising to "protect women from men pretending to be women". It's gonna be a nasty midterm.
    Well, yeah. The thing the Democrats should be doing is being on the air opposing this nonsense, and doing it loudly and proudly and running in every race. Unfortunately, transphobia will be a winning issue for some people.

We're seeing a real rampant increase in the amount of genocidal language directed towards Transwomen.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 04-07-2022 at 12:41 AM.

NEW: As Republicans accuse others of being “groomers,” new details are surfacing about Congressman John Rose (R-TN), who met his now-wife in his 40s while she was an underage teenager. He paid her with a scholarship that she says “made everything possible” and then married her.
    https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/sta...34766793601026

Oh WBE-EEeeeeeeeeeeee..... ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

And remember, his state of Tennessee just voted to make child marriage more possible. <3

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Politely, that is a bunch of straight up nonsense.

In the same way the there is not some "Obligation..." forcing me to own a gun just because I have a Constitutionally provided right to do so?

I have no obligation to vote simply because I have the right to do so.

Heck, that even extends to the Rights of the accused(where, nine times out of ten, it will be in my best interest to exercise them...)

If I choose to say, "Nope, I'm choosing to cooperate..."?

My Rights/My call

No "Duty..." baked into any of them.
    People who don't bother to vote because "everyone is equally bad" and then complain over a beer how bad thing are are autocrats' wet dream.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    People who don't bother to vote because "everyone is equally bad" and then complain over a beer how bad thing are are autocrats' wet dream.
    I saw a good quote on this in a similar vein.

"The purpose of propaganda and disinformation is not so that you'll believe anything. It's so you'll believe nothing. And more importantly, do nothing"

And it seems EU already has problems on unanimously deciding on sanctions. Sigh.
    I wonder, how many thousand Ukrainians will have to die until those maximal sanctions are passed and how many hundreds of thousands will die before anyone finally intervens.
    Until then, I propose we change the "Never again" that politicians love to parrot each year to "Never again, unless they have nukes."
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Politely, that is a bunch of straight up nonsense.

In the same way the there is not some "Obligation..." forcing me to own a gun just because I have a Constitutionally provided right to do so?

I have no obligation to vote simply because I have the right to do so.

Heck, that even extends to the Rights of the accused(where, nine times out of ten, it will be in my best interest to exercise them...)

If I choose to say, "Nope, I'm choosing to cooperate..."?

My Rights/My call

No "Duty..." baked into any of them.
    The same chuckleheaded logic from the same poster who scoffed at the idea that people should be motivated to keep Trump out of office in 2016, and that failing to do so could radicalize the Supreme Court.

Someone else noted how often you're wrong, but this shows how much you fail to learn from your own mistakes.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/sta...34766793601026

Oh WBE-EEeeeeeeeeeeee..... ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

And remember, his state of Tennessee just voted to make child marriage more possible. <3
    Y'know, I was gonna profile John Rose in June for being one of the 12 Republicans who voted against giving medals to the Capitol Police after Jan. 6th, choosing to side with the seditionists...

But that he's an alleged grooming pedophile pulling strings for his teenaged love interest that he'd marry seems to be concerning enough to mention that in the profile as well, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Y'know, I was gonna profile John Rose in June for being one of the 12 Republicans who voted against giving medals to the Capitol Police after Jan. 6th, choosing to side with the seditionists...

But that he's an alleged grooming pedophile pulling strings for his teenaged love interest that he'd marry seems to be concerning enough to mention that in the profile as well, yeah.
    The actual Hastert Rule is that it's always projection.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

But, but, WBE! I thought only those evil gays groom helpless kids! I'm so confused! (said with tongue firmly planted in cheek)
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The actual Hastert Rule is that it's always projection.
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    But, but, WBE! I thought only those evil gays groom helpless kids! I'm so confused! (said with tongue firmly planted in cheek)
    Maybe he can form a new pedo caucus with Matt Gaetz?

Maybe he can form a new pedo caucus with Matt Gaetz?
    gaetz.jpg

/10char

Because of the anti-trans rhetoric, we are going to see an uptick in anti-gay and especially anti-trans hate crimes. We already saw that in 2021.

https://time.com/6131444/2021-anti-trans-violence/

2021 was the deadliest year for transgender and gender non-conforming people in the U.S. on record. At least 50 trans and gender non-conforming people were killed this year alone, per a report by LGBTQ advocacy organization the Human Rights Campaign (HRC)—the highest number of deaths since the organization began recording fatal violence in 2013.

The report makes clear that the full number of fatalities is likely much higher still; the deaths of trans and gender non-conforming people are often underreported, and the victims themselves are often misgendered. (At least 24 of those listed in HRC’s report were initially misgendered by the media or police.)
    This will spread to the larger gay population very quickly, as the intention of servering the 't' from the LGB was to weaken the overall movement. This is what 'don't say gay' and the 'gender critical' movement, backed by right-wing evangelicals, is all about.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Because of the anti-trans rhetoric, we are going to see an uptick in anti-gay and especially anti-trans hate crimes. We already saw that in 2021.

https://time.com/6131444/2021-anti-trans-violence/

This will spread to the larger gay population very quickly, as the intention of servering the 't' from the LGB was to weaken the overall movement. This is what 'don't say gay' and the 'gender critical' movement, backed by right-wing evangelicals, is all about.
    Here in Philly, such violence is rife in the black transgender community as there have been attacks, even murders of transwomen of color over the past few years. So yeah, I suspect that violence will only increase.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!