Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    This has to kill the GOP racist base. The first Female African American VP confirming the votes for the first Female African American SC Justice. I love it
    I'm actually looking forward to the day when we have the first Native American Justice on the SCOTUS.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

This has to kill the GOP racist base. The first Female African American VP confirming the votes for the first Female African American SC Justice. I love it
    Mitch will probably use this as justification to stack the court with an additional 5 judges from the Federalist Society.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I'd love for Bryer to announce he decided not to retire after all. Start to even out the court a little.

Lord knows if something happens and there is an opening after the midterms, and the Republicans are in control of the Senate, they won't allow any hearing to go forward for a new Justice. Graham said as much.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'd love for Bryer to announce he decided not to retire after all. Start to even out the court a little.

Lord knows if something happens and there is an opening after the midterms, and the Republicans are in control of the Senate, they won't allow any hearing to go forward for a new Justice. Graham said as much.
    It wouldnt even out the courts at all. Jackson is replacing him. If he decides not to retire then she does not get a seat. She doesnt get on there along with him.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

It wouldnt even out the courts at all. Jackson is replacing him. If he decides not to retire then she does not get a seat. She doesnt get on there along with him.
    Or Biden could announce that he's adding seats to the court.

Ah, well. It's a good dream, but it's still just a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Or Biden could announce that he's adding seats to the court.

Ah, well. It's a good dream, but it's still just a dream.
    he wont do that. he has said he is not for Court packing. it is a nice dream.

Edit - Doesnt congress have to vote on adding seats?
    Last edited by babyblob; 04-07-2022 at 01:23 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

he wont do that. he has said he is not for Court packing. it is a nice dream.

Edit - Doesnt congress have to vote on adding seats?
    Yes, and he has two solid NO votes from his own party. We all know who they are.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I think its more than "staying quiet" by Dems. Dems want to run on actual issues. These hate bills are made up bs that appeals to the right wing GOP base. I mean does a Democrat have to say of course we won't be pushing any of this bs if elected and will work to stop any of it if elected. The problem is there are SO MANY other problems that need to be addressed, that GOP don't have to run on. Because everyone knows they don't have actual plans and policies other than their hate bills, book bannings.

What motivates the GOP is these hate based racism(CRT) anti LGBT, repeal Roe vs Wade, arguments. Matching those with "opposite" ads is not as useful for a Democratic opponent.

Its really kind of a trap honestly. These made up issues CRT, the gays in your bathroom or your kids being "converted" in schools. Of course we need positive real movement curbing the LGBT attacks, and legislation being pushed. But, is it a motivating factor to get out Democratic voters? How much money and time do you spend campaigning against the fake made up issues?

It's the real issues like Economy, Gas Prices, that will move blue voters. The problem is keeping the motivation when they see things like Manchin and Sinema torpedoing legislation and you have to communicate that we need even MORE Dems. Its just a hard message to get across in the quagmire and gaslighting.
    Look, Biden said that he could pull off Triple Lindy.

Now that it is incredibly obvious that he, most likely, never will?

It's time to get real about the fact that the fourth month of an election year is just about halfway over.

You need to start to address that the pitch you will be making is essentially "Look, our bad. We know that we promised that this guy could pull off a Triple Lindy. We clearly miscalculated, and there are straight up bums in our party. That said, here is the case for why you should give us another shot and maybe actual gains in the fall..."

Because that window is closing.

It would be really great if all of the garbage that Republicans are on about went of in their collective face like an Acme kit. Odds are that won't happen.

Past time for Dems to start acting like all of this is actually the case.

Invincible Member

Republicans walk out during applause for Judge Jackson...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...220fe01f071e5c

Thing is, there's no way Ted and Lindsey even believe the words they are saying. This is just a performance.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Republicans walk out during applause for Judge Jackson...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...220fe01f071e5c

Thing is, there's no way Ted and Lindsey even believe the words they are saying. This is just a performance.
    While I'm don't normally think that it is all that productive to dog someone based on their looks/how they role personality-wise.

Lindsey has always leaned into the "Drama..." component. Even more so these last four or five years.

I would have been stunned if he didn't do what he did here.

Just a reminder that two, if not more, of the conservative justices on the Supreme Court want to overturn Gideon V Wainright, the precedent which entitled every defendant to an attorney.

In Garza v. Idaho, Justice Clarence Thomas, joined by Justice Neil Gorsuch, filed a dissenting opinion suggesting Gideon was wrongly decided and should be overruled. Justice Samuel Alito joined part of the dissent, but did not join the call to overturn Gideon.[24]
    But we should definitely listen to all those 'you can't blackmail me with the supreme court!' guys for sure. They have *such* a good track record on understanding the consequences of their stated position.

Russia's apparent plans for Ukraine:
    https://ccl.org.ua/en/news/ria-novos...ith-ukraine-2/

So, either death or deportation and re-education for all Ukrainians who won't have managed to escape. I want to throw up.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Russia's apparent plans for Ukraine:
    https://ccl.org.ua/en/news/ria-novos...ith-ukraine-2/

So, either death or deportation and re-education for all Ukrainians who won't have managed to escape. I want to throw up.
    And why not? We've ignored what China has been doing to the Uyghurs for years, and I'd assume Russia has that in view as a model. The irony of this screed for 'denazification' is its overtly fascist language and thinly veiled shots at the 'degeneracy' of the west.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 04-08-2022 at 01:08 AM.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Senator Brian Schatz makes great points about Republican hypocrisy here. But I bet he won't be invited on the Sunday shows, they will get Bernie and AOC and a bunch of Republicans to talk about what Democrats are doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Sounds very Soviet…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe