Page 287 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 1872372772832842852862872882892902912973373877871287 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 75153
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    If trump weren't a simpleton, I'd say he was trolling with this statement.

“I did something good: I made Juneteenth very famous. It’s actually an important event, an important time. But nobody had ever heard of it.”
    as a black man and a Texan, this pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    as a black man and a Texan, this pisses me off.
    I have to admit I hadn't heard of it before, but I grew up in a place that had a black population of under 1%. I worked with more people originally from Thailand than anyone black (after 15 years at the job, I could still count the total number of black co-workers on my hands, and about 5500 people went through the doors during that time). It makes me feel overly sheltered - and in a bad way - that I never knew until this year what Juneteenth even was.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I have to admit I hadn't heard of it before, but I grew up in a place that had a black population of under 1%. I worked with more people originally from Thailand than anyone black (after 15 years at the job, I could still count the total number of black co-workers on my hands, and about 5500 people went through the doors during that time). It makes me feel overly sheltered - and in a bad way - that I never knew until this year what Juneteenth even was.
    I live in one of the most racially diverse parts of the country, and I didn't know about Juneteenth until now. Don't remember it ever being mentioned in any way, even in the local news.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The law is the law. There is no partisanship here.

Roberts is on record and so it Gorsuch for not personally agreeing with a ruling they made.
    There should be no partisanship here, and by law, there really should be no obfuscation about it. The President should not be able to deny congressional subpoenas.

I’m just working through what could be the sneaky side of things, because we kind of have to.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Regarding the Trump ads with the Nazi symbols, a friend of mine pointed out that they commissioned exactly 88 ads. 88 is white supremest code for “heil hitler”, as H is the 8th letter of the alphabet (for H.H.). Neo Nazis usually get “88” tattooed on themselves.

I don’t like going into the realm of conspiracy theories but I wouldn’t put it past Stephan Miller.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I live in a predominantly black neighborhood in Philadelphia, and it pains me as an African-American to admit my knowledge of Juneteenth was limited at best until only recently.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    If trump weren't a simpleton, I'd say he was trolling with this statement.

“I did something good: I made Juneteenth very famous. It’s actually an important event, an important time. But nobody had ever heard of it.”
    This pile of **** has the stink of Stephen Miller all over it.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Plus he is pushing fake news on top of it, since I am fairly sure that wasn't actually shown on CNN.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Soooooo, we're getting last year's profile for this year then?

But seriously, ooooooof. There's constant nonsense that just keeps going.
    You could make the argument that this and earlier threads are constantly updated records of Trumps shenanigans.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Good to see the Republican Party and their president being responsible and doing something about Covid-19 and in no way trying to further inflame racial tensions.

Oh, wait, they're f***ing incapable of doing anything like that.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I live in one of the most racially diverse parts of the country, and I didn't know about Juneteenth until now. Don't remember it ever being mentioned in any way, even in the local news.
    I have to admit, I had no idea that Juneteenth existed until the company I work for (Square) made it a paid holiday- about 2 weeks ago.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I live in a predominantly black neighborhood in Philadelphia, and it pains me as an African-American to admit my knowledge of Juneteenth was limited at best until only recently.
    hah I live near city ave.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I’m betting those parents didn’t know about that until the video had already run.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

This man is truly a piece of dog ****. By the looks of the comments a number of his white nationalists cult members are buying this clearly doctored CNN logo.