Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Once they are finally allowed to accomplish some things without someone like Pelosi saying "But, Bro... Bro... We are CAPITALISTS!!!..." while progressives are attempting to get incredibly basic "Might establish a small amount of trust in government..." things done.
    This makes zero sense. You know full well Pelosi has nothing to do with Manchin and Sinema. How is someone to the left of Biden going to get past those 2 without more Democrats in the Senate to make them irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    This makes zero sense. You know full well Pelosi has nothing to do with Manchin and Sinema. How is someone to the left of Biden going to get past those 2 without more Democrats in the Senate to make them irrelevant?
    Please explain, in detail, how Manchin/Sinema are behind these comments...

Missouri is now trying to ban transgender care for anyone under 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Missouri is now trying to ban transgender care for anyone under 25.
    And this is only still just the start, gonna get far worse. "Think of the children!" or whatever such bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    And this is only still just the start, gonna get far worse. "Think of the children!" or whatever such bullshit.
    Yep. It's only going to get worse. We already treat children incredibly crappily in this country, in the way we treat their rights, bodily automony, and need for privacy. Extending 'adolesence' to 25 is an absurd propisition, but it isn't about what's good for people, it's about allowing parents to control their children longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Wouldn't a runoff between two far- right groups be worse?

Or if the runoff was between a weaker candidate and Le Pen?
    Of course. But I thought by putting “least worst” I was implying that I knew even worse possibilities existed.

But I was suggesting surprise at the positive spin that a few seemed to be putting on the result of the French elections.

For Macron read a semi-reasonable Republican (a mythological creature according to most here!), for Le Pen read some one substantially to the right of the Donald.

That she got 42 percent of the vote ought to be a cause of intense worry.

Astonishing Member

Yep. It's only going to get worse. We already treat children incredibly crappily in this country, in the way we treat their rights, bodily automony, and need for privacy. Extending 'adolesence' to 25 is an absurd propisition, but it isn't about what's good for people, it's about allowing parents to control their children longer.
    Sounds like a good enough age to still go Mets your dad at most times and go harass and maybe bury some differents.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Of course. But I thought by putting “least worst” I was implying that I knew even worse possibilities existed.

But I was suggesting surprise at the positive spin that a few seemed to be putting on the result of the French elections.

For Macron read a semi-reasonable Republican (a mythological creature according to most here!), for Le Pen read some one substantially to the right of the Donald.

That she got 42 percent of the vote ought to be a cause of intense worry.
    You ever seen Rocky all of the way through?

Macron was running like a bum.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    You ever seen Rocky all of the way through?

Macron was running like a bum.
    No…not even seen it part of the way though. (Hate boxing…and sort of guessed the ending would be “plucky underdog wins against all the odds”, so never really tempted.)

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    No…not even seen it part of the way though. (Hate boxing…and sort of guessed the ending would be “plucky underdog wins against all the odds”, so never really tempted.)

If I wanted to provoke, I would ask if they also plan to raise the age of consent and the age when one can enlist into the army to 25.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    If I wanted to provoke, I would ask if they also plan to raise the age of consent and the age when one can enlist into the army to 25.

aahhahahaa yeah of course we know how THAT is gonna go.

Meanwhile, in Florida....
    Florida State Rep. Randy Fine (R) told a local television program that a peaceful protest by Democratic legislators was “far worse than what happened on in Washington on January 6.”

(Just wait, it gets dumber.)

In last week’s special session in the Florida Legislature, in addition to rushing through the repeal of Disney’s Reedy Creek Improvement District, the GOP-controlled House and Senate also passed a new map for the state’s Congressional districts that had been drawn by Gov. Ron DeSantis’ (R-FL) office after he had rejected the map submitted by the Legislature.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...2db929ca377a18

The usual Republican shameless lying.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

This makes no sense. Most parents want their kids out of the house and out of their hair as soon as they're officially old enough to be on their own. Why keep them around for longer than absolutely necessary?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    This makes no sense. Most parents want their kids out of the house and out of their hair as soon as they're officially old enough to be on their own. Why keep them around for longer than absolutely necessary?
    That's fine, as long as those children are who their parents want them to be. Honestly, children of today are being surveilled, usually by their parents, in ways you or I will not understand, but should be grateful we didn't have to deal with.

aahhahahaa yeah of course we know how THAT is gonna go.

Meanwhile, in Florida....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...2db929ca377a18

The usual Republican shameless lying.
    If someone would defecate on Randy Fine's desk to help prove him correct, maybe he'd have a point. Then again, with all the bulls*** coming out of his mouth, maybe it's already feeling like the same aftermath.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.