Page 293 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 1932432832892902912922932942952962973033433937931293 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,395 of 75153
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There are some differences here. Journalists are not given firearms. They are not really ever supposed to ever use firearms. They also do not typically work for the state. There are some arguments that the government should fund more journalists, and different arguments that this would be against the public interests, by taking away from the independence of the press. That would also be an argument for why journalists shouldn't be licensed; you don't want Donald Trump in charge of that, and Trump supporters wouldn't want some Joe Biden appointee making these calls.

Doctors are not typically put in situations where they're trying to hurt someone. They can make mistakes and kill people, and the law has to determine the balance of reducing how often that happens, while not discouraging people from becoming doctors.

Lawyers have all sorts of regulations in how they conduct themselves. If they knowingly lie, they can be disbarred, just as a police officer caught falsifying records could lose his license.
    Oh, there's lots of differences - Cops are the only ones that have to make a decision in a fraction of a second whether or not to use deadly force - journalists, doctors and lawyers don't respond to violent domestics or crimes in progress, they don't deal with someone severely mentally ill waving a knife at them or someone strung out on drugs. No, they pick and chose what stories, patients, clients they work on and have all the time and resources they need to come to a conclusion. Yet whereas all the actions of cops are recorded or at the least checked and approved by Magistrates, Judges, District Attorneys etc..these other professions are given vast leeway in their actions, despite how they may affect people. They alter lives just as cops do but have far less accountability and their victim far less recourse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    What wolves?

Despite what you clearly want to believe, we are not living in The Purge.

If anything, cops have become the Wolves, assuming they can prey on anyone they want, at will.
    Yes, your're right. the 800,000 police officers in the country are just killing people left and right, every day, we just haven't noticed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    That is true. And they inducted him into the Hall of Fame.

Attachment 97745
    Only in your world

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It's not about a pattern. The prosecutor in the most populous county in Georgia should not make any decisions about a case in his jurisdiction based on something that happened in Minneapolis or Louisville.

The story is that Brooks did turn towards officers, and point a device at them that is effective up to 15 feet.
    Well, the pattern is that in those “split second decisions” someone always seems to be getting executed by the police, the people entrusted to defend the public.

I couldn’t give a shit about the DA. The DA didn’t shoot anyone. A cop shot a black man in the back who was running away.

Ain’t the first time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    You, somehow, don't seem to understand that the union, and the department, are made up of the same people.
    and that shows how little you understand the dynamics of a police department....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    Well, the pattern is that in those “split second decisions” someone always seems to be getting executed by the police, the people entrusted to defend the public.

I couldn’t give a shit about the DA. The DA didn’t shoot anyone. A cop shot a black man in the back who was running away.

Ain’t the first time.
    who resisted arrest, injured one of the cops, stole his taser and tried to fire it at the officer....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    Yes, your're right. the 800,000 police officers in the country are just killing people left and right, every day, we just haven't noticed.
    Ahh, hello hyperbole, haven’t seen you in a while. Let me ask ask you, what’s the number of unarmed black Americans killed by police you’d be comfortable with? Because it seems like it would be a lot.

I’m not even going to touch your hated of the media, because it’s clear you view them as the enemy with a fascistic bent. But do you know how many doctors and nurses have died saving the lives of fellow human beings because your President was too lazy and too incompetent to prevent the damage wrought by Covid-19?

BANNED

who resisted arrest, injured one of the cops, stole his taser and tried to fire it at the officer....
    So he deserves to die?

And Spider-Man is your avatar? Sheesh.

Extraordinary Member

An officer who was armed with his own less-than-lethal weapon, which he knew was charged while his “target’s” was already discharged, and who then switched over to his firearm and lethally discharged it.

At minimum, this needs to be investigated a hell of a lot more than just some peer review.

But as to those officers who are refusing to report for work... I have no respect for them in this. They swore an oath. That’s more than a contract. These men and women’s words if they don’t even report for work is worthless, and that alone would make me leery of them continuing as law enforcement officers. The officers still reporting to their duty have my respect where these path-breaker don’t.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

Ain’t the first time.
    The overall pattern is that most people black white or whatever who are shot by police are armed. No doubt you're also really concerned about the rate of black on black killings too, right?

The overall pattern is that most people black white or whatever who are shot by police are armed. No doubt you're also really concerned about the rate of black on black killings too, right?
    Who had the winning number for when that one would come out?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

So he deserves to die?

And Spider-Man is your avatar? Sheesh.
    Typical diversion...who would YOU say deserves to die for any action they commit? Cops aren't trained to kill, they're trained to "stop the action", in this case a man's who had
    just committed multiple felonies armed with a weapon. I guarantee that cop didn't come on duty thinking "today I'm hoping to get into a deadly force situation", despite what you think..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    An officer who was armed with his own less-than-lethal weapon, which he knew was charged while his “target’s” was already discharged, and who then switched over to his firearm and lethally discharged it.

At minimum, this needs to be investigated a hell of a lot more than just some peer review.

But as to those officers who are refusing to report for work... I have no respect for them in this. They swore an oath. That’s more than a contract. These men and women’s words if they don’t even report for work is worthless, and that alone would make me leery of them continuing as law enforcement officers. The officers still reporting to their duty have my respect where these path-breaker don’t.
    I agree with both points. I wouldn't be as harsh for those who chose to not report but would say they need to reevaluate to determine if they truly want to be cops.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Who had the winning number for when that one would come out?
    I get it, ignorance is bliss...selective outrage is the rule here

Oh, there's lots of differences - Cops are the only ones that have to make a decision in a fraction of a second whether or not to use deadly force - journalists, doctors and lawyers don't respond to violent domestics or crimes in progress, they don't deal with someone severely mentally ill waving a knife at them or someone strung out on drugs. No, they pick and chose what stories, patients, clients they work on and have all the time and resources they need to come to a conclusion. Yet whereas all the actions of cops are recorded or at the least checked and approved by Magistrates, Judges, District Attorneys etc..these other professions are given vast leeway in their actions, despite how they may affect people. They alter lives just as cops do but have far less accountability and their victim far less recourse.
    Anyone who thinks doctors never have to make split second decisions doesn't know what they are talking about. It isn't typical (especially from the guys you see in the office) but people being brought into the ER for various forms of trauma aren't always in the condition to wait for consensus.
    Dark does not mean deep.