Page 294 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 1942442842902912922932942952962972983043443947941294 ... LastLast
Results 4,396 to 4,410 of 75153
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    The overall pattern is that most people black white or whatever who are shot by police are armed. No doubt you're also really concerned about the rate of black on black killings too, right?
    Very concerned. That’s why I support abolishing the Second Amendment and instituting a gun buyback scheme. How concerned are you about black Americans dying? Doesn’t seem like a hell of a lot.

I get it, ignorance is bliss...selective outrage is the rule here
    Are you speaking to us or the guy in your mirror? Your outrage seems incredibly selective.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Typical diversion...who would YOU say deserves to die for any action they commit? Cops aren't trained to kill, they're trained to "stop the action", in this case a man's who had
    just committed multiple felonies armed with a weapon. I guarantee that cop didn't come on duty thinking "today I'm hoping to get into a deadly force situation", despite what you think..
    Fascinating how black men who commit “multiple felonies” often end up executed by the police. Since you’re going to bring up irrelevant things like black on black, how come none of the Michigan “patriots” were arrested or shot or executed despite breaking the law and being heavily armed?

C’mon Spidey, I bet you can even figure this one out!

(It’s racism!)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Are you speaking to us or the guy in your mirror? Your outrage seems incredibly selective.
    Tsk tsk Gray... Spidey’s hands are bloodied and blistered from clutching his pearls so tight about black on black violence.

Ultimate Member

The overall pattern is that most people black white or whatever who are shot by police are armed. No doubt you're also really concerned about the rate of black on black killings too, right?
    What’s the statistics of white on white killings?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    Fascinating how black men who commit “multiple felonies” often end up executed by the police. Since you’re going to bring up irrelevant things like black on black, how come none of the Michigan “patriots” were arrested or shot or executed despite breaking the law and being heavily armed?

C’mon Spidey, I bet you can even figure this one out!

(It’s racism!)

Fascinating how those rallies didn't evolve into riots with burning, looting and assaults. I agree those guys were idiots to bring weapons but I don't believe that is a crime either. And did you watch the video from Atlanta? How the cops were respectful and professional all the way up to when they tried to arrest him...after that they were reacting to his escalation, not theirs

Fascinating how those rallies didn't evolve into riots with burning, looting and assaults. I agree those guys were idiots to bring weapons but I don't believe that is a crime either. And did you watch the video from Atlanta? How the cops were respectful and professional all the way up to when they tried to arrest him...after that they were reacting to his escalation, not theirs
    The white guys with guns and body armor repeatedly touched officers. It's against the law in Michigan to enter a government building with a weapon.

The rioting protesters in Little Rock were in the middle of kneeling with police officers when the riot squad opened fire and launched tear gas into the kneeling crowd. It's a war crime to offer false surrender.

See that pattern?

If not, we can do this all day.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    What’s the statistics of white on white killings?
    Percentage-wise? Pretty close to black on black killings. And when controlling for economic circumstances, crime rates aren't all that far off either. Those who try and throw the "Black on Black crime" smokebomb forget that other people can read data too (and likely better or that stupid stat wouldn't be thrown out very much).

Most murder victims knew their killer - and people tend to segregate. Unless you are part of a tiny ethnic group for your area, if you are murdered the killer is most likely going to be of the same ethnic group as you.

Overall crime rates (for non-white collar crime) tend to be inversely proportional to the amount of wealth in the area - the poorer the neighborhood, the higher the crime rate. This cuts across racial lines, and has been a known fact for years. Fighting poverty IS fighting crime, no matter what the detractors say. And I say that as a fiscal conservative - I prefer value for my tax dollar, and ballooning police budgets don't make me feel safer, not when the police seem divorced from all accountability.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Ultimate Member

Percentage-wise? Pretty close to black on black killings. And when controlling for economic circumstances, crime rates aren't all that far off either. Those who try and throw the "Black on Black crime" smokebomb forget that other people can read data too (and likely better or that stupid stat wouldn't be thrown out very much).

Most murder victims knew their killer - and people tend to segregate. Unless you are part of a tiny ethnic group for your area, if you are murdered the killer is most likely going to be of the same ethnic group as you.

Overall crime rates (for non-white collar crime) tend to be inversely proportional to the amount of wealth in the area - the poorer the neighborhood, the higher the crime rate. This cuts across racial lines, and has been a known fact for years. Fighting poverty IS fighting crime, no matter what the detractors say. And I say that as a fiscal conservative - I prefer value for my tax dollar, and ballooning police budgets don't make me feel safer, not when the police seem divorced from all accountability.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The white guys with guns and body armor repeatedly touched officers. It's against the law in Michigan to enter a government building with a weapon.

The rioting protesters in Little Rock were in the middle of kneeling with police officers when the riot squad opened fire and launched tear gas into the kneeling crowd. It's a war crime to offer false surrender.

See that pattern?

If not, we can do this all day.
    I think from Portland there is video of the police ordering a crowd to disperse, which they actually start to do. The police open fire anyways.

The police have been exceptionally heavy handed to all of this, and it has been repeatedly caught on film - that's part of why so many people are turning against the way they work.

Other reasons are stuff like the Buffalo officers resigning in protest over one of their own being held accountable, and the ever increasing use of civil forfeiture - which isn't confined to minorities. Once the people who trusted the police get burned by them (having your stuff taken by armed people and not having any real due process behind it sounds more like mugging/armed robbery) they will be primed to start questioning the rest of the stuff the department does as well.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 06-19-2020 at 04:23 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I think from Portland there is video of the police ordering a crowd to disperse, which they actually start to do. The police open fire anyways.
    That was example #31 on my list of "White people breaking the law & nothing happens, POC following the law & getting punished."

There is no room and no excuse for police to be committing WAR CRIMES on civilians. Let alone citizens.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

You mean the ones where the police didn't use tear gas and rubber bullets on peaceful crowds. Where they did nothing about armed people walking into a State Capitol?

And what was the "split second" decision that killed Eric Gardner, George Floyd and Freddie Gray?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

Oh, there's lots of differences - Cops are the only ones that have to make a decision in a fraction of a second whether or not to use deadly force - journalists, doctors and lawyers don't respond to violent domestics or crimes in progress, they don't deal with someone severely mentally ill waving a knife at them or someone strung out on drugs. No, they pick and chose what stories, patients, clients they work on and have all the time and resources they need to come to a conclusion. Yet whereas all the actions of cops are recorded or at the least checked and approved by Magistrates, Judges, District Attorneys etc..these other professions are given vast leeway in their actions, despite how they may affect people. They alter lives just as cops do but have far less accountability and their victim far less recourse.
    You still haven't demonstrated that cops have any greater accountability than other professions.

In fact, you undermine your statement when you point out that only cops get to judge cops.

Does anybody doubt that if Brooks were white they would have driven him to his sisters to sleep it off?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

So that’s okay to execute Brooks?

I wish people would just own their white supremacy. Be a man about it.