Page 296 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 1962462862922932942952962972982993003063463967961296 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,440 of 75153
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    You're lying -- there's absolutely no proof of that while I've posted data that shows the opposite is true.

To top it off, you're sitting here trying to make that argument during the worst economic crisis since the last time a Repupblican held office.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Recession [of Republican George Bush Jr]

Black unemployment now sits at nearly 20% while overall unemployment sits at around 15%.

Republicans have nothing to brag about when it comes to their economic record -- all they do is wreck the car after being given the keys by the public.
    https://amp-cnn-com.cdn.ampproject.o...e%2Findex.html

Ultimate Member

That in no way shows that "minorities" do better overall under Republicans -- you're just further making my point about education.

Nor does it reflect the current unemployment rate of around 15-20%.

All it shows is that Trump knew how to coast on the gains of others (like his father) before leading our nation into bankruptcy.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 06-19-2020 at 05:05 PM.

BANNED

Show data that backs up your argument that "minorities" -- or Americans in general -- do better under Republicans.

Then explain why you don't think cops should be held accountable for abusing and shooting black people in a court of law.
    https://www-cnbc-com.cdn.ampproject....recession.html

And I never said Cops shouldn't be investigated for EVERY shooting, regardless of whether it end in death or not. I think they should. You simply believe they should be charged with murder regardless

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    https://www-cnbc-com.cdn.ampproject....recession.html

And I never said Cops shouldn't be investigated for EVERY shooting, regardless of whether it end in death or not. I think they should. You simply believe they should be charged with murder regardless
    No I don't and I never said any such thing -- you're just jumping to biased conclusions since you can't provide facts to back up your argument.

Either you believe in the law or you don't and cops shouldn't be above the law more than anyone else in America.

Since you insist on repeatedly making false accusations and posting links to articles that don't even come close to refuting the data I've already posted I'm done wasting my time on this.

You can't even be honest about the current economic climate because you know it destroys your narrative wholesale.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 06-19-2020 at 05:14 PM.

Trump's 'good economy's that he crowed about at the start of his presidency was merely the continuation of the boom from Obama.

Funny thing is a while back I looked up all the recessions we had and the last Republican not to have one start under them was Lincoln. I do give the elder Bush a partial pass since that was in large part due to the military drawdown after the Cold War ended, the military industrial complex was a huge part of the economy and it was sent into a tailspin when it was decided many in progress projects weren't needed. Also, I think it was Calvin Coolidge whose recession was started almost single handedly by Henry Ford shutting down his entire company to retool from the Model T to the Model A.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Trump's 'good economy's that he crowed about at the start of his presidency was merely the continuation of the boom from Obama.

Funny thing is a while back I looked up all the recessions we had and the last Republican not to have one start under them was Lincoln. I do give the elder Bush a partial pass since that was in large part due to the military drawdown after the Cold War ended, the military industrial complex was a huge part of the economy and it was sent into a tailspin when it was decided many in progress projects weren't needed. Also, I think it was Calvin Coolidge whose recession was started almost single handedly by Henry Ford shutting down his entire company to retool from the Model T to the Model A.
    The Obama "boom".... that's a joke right?

BANNED

No I don't and I never said any such thing -- you're just jumping to biased conclusions since you can't provide facts to back up your argument.

Either you believe in the law or you don't and cops shouldn't be above the law more than anyone else in America.

Since you insist on repeatedly making false accusations and posting links to articles that don't even come close to refuting the data I've already posted I'm done wasting my time on this.

You can't even be honest about the current economic climate because you know it destroys your narrative wholesale.
    Good talk. Keep believing.

Ultimate Member

Good talk. Keep believing.
    Not "talk" -- facts.

Which you can't refute because said facts aren't on your side.

Anyway, you keep supporting those cops walking off of their jobs and leaving innocent people to deal with their own problems, Spidey.

-----
    "Obama’s 2009 Recovery Act Kicked Off Over 10 Years Of Economic Growth"

"Exactly 11 years ago today, February 17, 2009, President Obama signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 or the Recovery Act into law. The $831 billion in spending kicked off the longest period of economic growth and job creation in American history.

Over a decade of economic growth

The National Bureau of Economic Research or NBER determines the length of economic expansions and recessions. The recent growth period started in July 2009 and has lasted for 127 months through January 2020. This surpasses the previous record of 120 months from March 1991 to March 2001, which then led into the Great Recession that Obama inherited. [Earlier version had the incorrect months for the 120 month timeframe: December 2001 to November].

Trump’s job growth is a continuation of Obama’s economy

The Bureau of Labor Statistics has data on the number of non-farm jobs in the economy going back to 1939. There have been two periods with 9 years of consecutive job growth; 1961 to 1969 and 1992 to 2000. As of December last year that record was broken with 10 years of consecutive job growth from 2010 to 2019.

Starting with the September 2009 quarter GDP growth has been positive every year since then. It ranged from 1.6% to 2.9% per year under Obama and from 2.3% to 2.9% under Trump. The recent negative revisions to 2018’s job growth numbers could lead to a lower reading on Trump’s 2.9% GDP growth in 2018. The revised numbers should be out in July this year when the first estimate for June’s GDP growth is released.

Each of the last three years of Obama’s economy were stronger than Trump’s 2019 when adjusted for trade, inventory impacts and government spending. To get an overall view of Trump’s economy this article has 10 economic metrics of his three years in office...

However, Trump’s boasts about how many jobs he has added don’t include the fact that he has generated 6.5 million jobs under his Presidency vs. the 8.1 million, or 1.6 million fewer than Obama did during his last three years in office. In fact, Trump's best year of job growth (2018) doesn't even beat any of Obama's last three years.
    "

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjo.../#5dd8c1d468b7
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 06-19-2020 at 05:23 PM.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Well this looks very familiar. VERY FAMILIAR.

Kentucky cutting number of polling places for Tuesday’s primary from 3700 to 200

There will be one polling place for 616,000 registered voters in Louisville’s Jefferson County, where half state’s black voters live

This is going to be a disaster

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Last edited by Rosa Luxemburg; 06-19-2020 at 05:45 PM.

Not "talk" -- facts.

Which you can't refute because said facts aren't on your side.

Anyway, you keep supporting those cops walking off of their jobs and leaving innocent people to deal with their own problems, Spidey.

-----
    "Obama’s 2009 Recovery Act Kicked Off Over 10 Years Of Economic Growth"

"Exactly 11 years ago today, February 17, 2009, President Obama signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 or the Recovery Act into law. The $831 billion in spending kicked off the longest period of economic growth and job creation in American history.

Over a decade of economic growth

The National Bureau of Economic Research or NBER determines the length of economic expansions and recessions. The recent growth period started in July 2009 and has lasted for 127 months through January 2020. This surpasses the previous record of 120 months from March 1991 to March 2001, which then led into the Great Recession that Obama inherited. [Earlier version had the incorrect months for the 120 month timeframe: December 2001 to November].

Trump’s job growth is a continuation of Obama’s economy

The Bureau of Labor Statistics has data on the number of non-farm jobs in the economy going back to 1939. There have been two periods with 9 years of consecutive job growth; 1961 to 1969 and 1992 to 2000. As of December last year that record was broken with 10 years of consecutive job growth from 2010 to 2019.

Starting with the September 2009 quarter GDP growth has been positive every year since then. It ranged from 1.6% to 2.9% per year under Obama and from 2.3% to 2.9% under Trump. The recent negative revisions to 2018’s job growth numbers could lead to a lower reading on Trump’s 2.9% GDP growth in 2018. The revised numbers should be out in July this year when the first estimate for June’s GDP growth is released.

Each of the last three years of Obama’s economy were stronger than Trump’s 2019 when adjusted for trade, inventory impacts and government spending. To get an overall view of Trump’s economy this article has 10 economic metrics of his three years in office...

However, Trump’s boasts about how many jobs he has added don’t include the fact that he has generated 6.5 million jobs under his Presidency vs. the 8.1 million, or 1.6 million fewer than Obama did during his last three years in office. In fact, Trump's best year of job growth (2018) doesn't even beat any of Obama's last three years.
    "

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjo.../#5dd8c1d468b7
    Obama's recovery doesn't looks good to the uninformed observer because of how deep a hole he was in to start of his presidency. There is a lot I take issue with Obama for, but the economy isn't on the list.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Obama's recovery doesn't looks good to the uninformed observer because of how deep a hole he was in to start of his presidency.
    To me it's simple -- America will make it's biggest gains by investing in it's people instead of giving tax cuts to the wealthy.

This is not only the most pragmatic way to view said data but likewise the most humanitarian given the multitude of crises that humanity faces today.

Many seem to want to learn the hard way though so here we are again hoping yet another Democrat will pull us out of yet another Republican fiasco.

Ultimate Member

Fairly accurate. Correct that people usually kill within their own race. Number of blacks killed by blacks is fairly close to that of white killing whites but you do have to consider blacks make up 12-13 percent of the total.population. you're right, crime does tie in to economic factors, which always makes me wonder why minorities continue to support Dems and big government programs that haven't worked to reduce poverty.
    8 of the 10 states with the worst poverty rate among African Americans are in deep red states, while none of the 10 lowest poverty rates among that demographic are Republican strongholds (there's a couple of swing states in there, but the rest are solidly blue). I'd say blacks do a fuckton better under Democrats. Comparing statistics of urban communities to more rural ones is an apples/oranges argument. Cities have many other factors at play that aren't an issue in communities that are more spaced out.

Poverty Rate by Race/Ethnicity
    Last edited by 4saken1; 06-19-2020 at 06:03 PM.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.