Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    This. Usually the public won't have a clear picture of what has happened until after the dust settles. The Snake Island story had to be corrected (the soldiers were not killed as reported by the Guardian) and recently the Ukrainian air force posted that the "Ghost of Kyiv" was more a representation of hope, not an actual pilot.

The ‘Ghost of Kyiv’ was never alive, Ukrainian air force says
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...iv-propaganda/
    Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Well, obviously. In war there is a lot of effort to boost morale and myths are a good way to do that. It's different then what russia has been doing for years though.
    Well, not so obviously if the air force felt the need to correct the record and asked people to be more careful. And MSN felt the need to write up a fact-check article on it. It didn't help when Poroshenko pushed the story out there as real.

Fact check: Ukraine's 'Ghost of Kyiv' fighter pilot
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...lot/ar-AAWVd2E

My point is that I agree with Dalak about war propaganda.
    There will be stories to hype both sides, but like here in America one side seems to dominate in the shoveling of bullshit in our faces and we are witnessing it now in real time. Isn't the internet beautiful?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    A. I don't want to give them views.
    B. I don't want Russian Misinformation on my watch history to affect recommendations.
    C. If it's the same stuff you've been parroting here I don't need to.
    It's not even informative at all. It just has various clips of kids and adults doing the Nazi salute and talking trash about Russia. It's like showing various clips of US right wing militias and saying "See how Nazi the US is".

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    It's not even informative at all. It just has various clips of kids and adults doing the Nazi salute and talking trash about Russia. It's like showing various clips of US right wing militias and saying "See how Nazi the US is".
    I wonder what russia did to make anyone hate them. Does anyone here have an idea?
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Oh no doubt we have neo-Nazis in the US. We even have a few white nationalists who are about one step away from being Nazis in the House of Representatives. I'm talking about Marjorie Taylor-Greene, Paul Gosar and a few others. But the way we get rid of them is through free and fair elections, not through a neighboring country invading.
    Watching television is not an activity.

BANNED

I keep seeing this Russian propaganda from Russian bots. Do you know of a reliable source that explains all this? I remember, before the war, that Ukraine had a far right extremist problem so sometimes I wonder if the Russian propaganda has some truths to it.

Also, if Putin is so hot to take care of Nazis, has he addressed the Nazi connections of his Wagner Group?
    A reliable source? You aren't asking for anything small. The best advice I can give you is: don't trust anyone 100%. The one I trust the most is probably Jacob Dreizin, this is his site(blog?). He doesn't fail much on predictions and explanations sound reasonable. For general information on geopolitics and contemporary history, try the Voltaire Network. You'll meet the Ukronazi problem soon in any of those sites.

I must admit I didn't pay much attention to known Russian extremists groups. It would be really strange if they had Nazi connections, but anything is possible, I just haven't heard from their exploits in this war, so I guess they haven't even been deployed there.

BANNED

The ‘Ghost of Kyiv’ was never alive
    Ofc he is, his co-pilot is Hans von Hammer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    A. I don't want to give them views.
    B. I don't want Russian Misinformation on my watch history to affect recommendations.
    C. If it's the same stuff you've been parroting here I don't need to.
    Code:
           .-"-.            .-"-.            .-"-.           
         _/_-.-_\_        _/.-.-.\_        _/.-.-.\_       
        / __} {__ \      /|( o o )|\      ( ( o o ) )     
       / //  "  \\ \    | //  "  \\ |      |/  "  \|       
      / / \'---'/ \ \  / / \'---'/ \ \      \'/^\'/         
      \ \_/`"""`\_/ /  \ \_/`"""`\_/ /      /`\ /`\        
       \           /    \           /      /  /|\  \

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post

I must admit I didn't pay much attention to known Russian extremists groups. It would be really strange if they had Nazi connections, but anything is possible, I just haven't heard from their exploits in this war, so I guess they haven't even been deployed there.
    You missed those captured soldiers with nazi tatoos? You missed that Wagner group is fighting there?

As to exploits, they don't need explicitly far-right groups for that. The russian army in general is behaving like the nazis did, commiting a genocide of the Ukranians. That is very hard to miss.
    Slava Ukraini!

BANNED

Can you show me a video with that many openly Nazi soldiers parading anywhere in the world?

It's like I knew what it involved without even watching it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Oh no doubt we have neo-Nazis in the US. We even have a few white nationalists who are about one step away from being Nazis in the House of Representatives. I'm talking about Marjorie Taylor-Greene, Paul Gosar and a few others. But the way we get rid of them is through free and fair elections, not through a neighboring country invading.
    When "free and fair" elections get you a president who will back on his main promise because of Nazi threats, why bother with them?

Nothing to see here, just some accounts of what the real nazis in Ukraine are doing:

In Ukrainian villages, a desperate wait for news of the missing
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61249160

‘I didn’t believe stories of atrocities in Ukraine. But then I saw the photos’
    https://www.theguardian.com/global-d...ape-atrocities

How Russian soldiers rape and torture Ukrainians
    https://kyivindependent.com/national...re-ukrainians/
    Slava Ukraini!

No, Russia is not implementing some kind of imaginary, Borscht-ridden Monroe Doctrine. This is about Russian control, not preventing corrosive foreign influences in Ukraine. Russia is not doing what is best for Ukraine, fighting for Ukrainian interests or anything else remotely close to being the good guys in this scenario. They are fighting a war of attrition, like always.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    Can you show me a video with that many openly Nazi soldiers parading anywhere in the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    No, Russia is not implementing some kind of imaginary, Borscht-ridden Monroe Doctrine. This is about Russian control, not preventing corrosive foreign influences in Ukraine. Russia is not doing what is best for Ukraine, fighting for Ukrainian interests or anything else remotely close to being the good guys in this scenario. They are fighting a war of attrition, like always.
    “They ravage, they slaughter, they seize by false pretenses, and all of this they hail as the construction of empire. And when in their wake nothing remains but a desert, they call that peace.”
    Tacitus, The Agricola and The Germania
    Last edited by Zelena; 05-06-2022 at 10:46 AM.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe