Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Is supporting Putin in the face of objective truth any different than supporting Trump?
    At this point, it has to be worse.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    1. Ukraine HAD a democratically elected president, or as "democratically elected" as they get around those parts.
    2. They made him run for his life (the Ukronazis I mean)
    3. The very next day, RADA approved to rescind the special status of the Russian language
    4. Russian speaking parts of Ukraine didn't want to take part in that and seceded
    5. Partial elections were held with what was left
    6. The newly elected president started an "Anti-terrorist Campaign" that "couldn't last more than 2 or 3 months"
    7. Five years later, the war still raged, and Zelensky won on the promise of negotiating an end to the war
    8. After being threatened in public by one of those insignificant Ukronazis, he forgot his main promise and left them to kill more Russians in the east

Is that how democracies work, in your experience?
    "Ukronazis?" Using a term like that is kind of a giveaway about who you really are.
    Dark does not mean deep.

A reliable source? You aren't asking for anything small. The best advice I can give you is: don't trust anyone 100%. The one I trust the most is probably Jacob Dreizin, this is his site(blog?). He doesn't fail much on predictions and explanations sound reasonable. For general information on geopolitics and contemporary history, try the Voltaire Network. You'll meet the Ukronazi problem soon in any of those sites.

I must admit I didn't pay much attention to known Russian extremists groups. It would be really strange if they had Nazi connections, but anything is possible, I just haven't heard from their exploits in this war, so I guess they haven't even been deployed there.
    Why is it so hard to get a reliable source on this?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Is supporting Putin in the face of objective truth any different than supporting Trump?
    Well, Trump hasn't ordered anyone's death, as far as I know. His followers may be bigoted, but they don't have to be literally bloodthirsty.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Well, Trump hasn't ordered anyone's death, as far as I know. His followers may be bigoted, but they don't have to be literally bloodthirsty.
    Trump’s complacency has led to the attack on the Capitol: if I reckon well, at least, one person has been killed. But I agree, as a bloodthirsty devil, Trump is not match for Putin.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Trump wanted to SHOOT BLM protesters in the leg who gathered outside the White House

Trump Wanted to Fire Rockets Into Mexico and Pretend Like the U.S. Didn’t Do It: Report

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Tacitus, The Agricola and The Germania
    “You must promise me. You can't desire the end without desiring the means.'

Ah, but one can, he thought, one can: one can desire the peace of victory without desiring the ravaged towns.”
    ― Graham Greene, The Heart of the Matter
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    No, Russia is not implementing some kind of imaginary, Borscht-ridden Monroe Doctrine. This is about Russian control, not preventing corrosive foreign influences in Ukraine. Russia is not doing what is best for Ukraine, fighting for Ukrainian interests or anything else remotely close to being the good guys in this scenario. They are fighting a war of attrition, like always.
    I see lots of videos with people from east Ukraine thanking the Russian Army, even though they had to hide from the shelling.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Video unavailable.

Video unavailable.
    I can watch this one fine, it's on PBS. Where in the world are you located that won't let you see Public Broadcasting?

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I can watch this one fine, it's on PBS. Where in the world are you located that won't let you see Public Broadcasting?
    It works for me as well .
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Why is it so hard to get a reliable source on this?
    When you have a polarized issue, and both sides use propaganda and censorship, the Aristotelian middle doesn't necessarily give you the truth.

I see lots of videos with people from east Ukraine thanking the Russian Army, even though they had to hide from the shelling.
    And I heard Russians soldiers were distraught hearing that people called them fascists and shouted them to go back to Russia…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Spain (EU).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    And I heard Russians soldiers were distraught hearing that people called them fascists and shouted them to go back to Russia…
    Heard or saw?