And Speaking of "Muh Freedoms." And Twitter. Must has said he will let Trump back on when the sale is final.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    People seem to think Freedom of Speech promises them a spot on a comic book forum. If someone gets banned from here or a social media account it is not an attack on their free speech.

You are not being thrown in jail for what you are saying, no legal body is passing a law that makes it a crime for you to say what you are saying, no one is stopping you from going on a street corner with a sign. That is what Freedom of Speech is. These are things happening in Russia. Putin does not allow free speech and makes it a crime.

What people seem to forget is that Freedom of speech does not promise membership on an online comic board, or a book deal, or a Twitter account, or a spot on a tv show.

Man , you are so right about all this !!!
    These forums have rules and if we violate them , we can be banned .
    We still have the freedom to go out and protest with a sign if we want .
    If trump goes back on Twitter it's more lies about everything .
    It will be all misinformation all over again from him.
    He is very good at lying about everything !!!
    Last edited by TheKryptonMan; 05-10-2022 at 12:46 PM.

BANNED

People seem to think Freedom of Speech promises them a spot on a comic book forum. If someone gets banned from here or a social media account it is not an attack on their free speech.

You are not being thrown in jail for what you are saying, no legal body is passing a law that makes it a crime for you to say what you are saying, no one is stopping you from going on a street corner with a sign. That is what Freedom of Speech is. These are things happening in Russia. Putin does not allow free speech and makes it a crime.

What people seem to forget is that Freedom of speech does not promise membership on an online comic board, or a book deal, or a Twitter account, or a spot on a tv show.
    When you're denying access to those communication platforms, based on the content of what you say, you're curtailing a basic right. Legislation always lags, and the things you mention didn't exist when laws were passed, but as these get updated, those should be included. People seem to ignore this little tidbit, something governments count on.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

And Speaking of "Muh Freedoms." And Twitter. Must has said he will let Trump back on when the sale is final.
    No surprise there. While Trump is on record saying he won’t return to Twitter, preferring to remain on the bridge of the sinking ship that’s his Truth Social, he’ll come running back the second his ban is lifted. Anyone who thinks differently is delusional.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    When you're denying access to those communication platforms, based on the content of what you say, you're curtailing a basic right. Legislation always lags, and the things you mention didn't exist when laws were passed, but as these get updated, those should be included. People seem to ignore this little tidbit, something governments count on.
    It is not a basic right to post on Twitter or an online message board. They are private companies with a set a rules to follow. Just like any other company.

Now Putin arresting people who protested the War in Russia, passing a law saying that it is a crime to speak against the war that is the violation of basic rights. But I see you would rather skip over those so you can bitch about peoples freedom of speech being violated for being banned from a private company.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    Man , you are so right about all this !!!
    These forums have rules and if we violate them , we can be banned .
    We still have the freedom to go out and protest with a sign if we want .
    If trump goes back on Twitter it's more lies about everything .
    It will be all misinformation all over again from him.
    He is very good at lying about everything !!!
    Lies have to be addressed, and when someone in an official capacity, and I'm including journalists here, lies, he should face consequences. But liars can't be preemptively sanctioned.

LOL! There's always another forum to chat on, ones with users that won't judge when you post misinformation, praise violent invasions, or make light of those who've died and might die because of the aggression of Russia. I could use whataboutism in regards to Russia's record on freedom of speech, but nah.

BANNED

It is not a basic right to post on Twitter or an online message board. They are private companies with a set a rules to follow. Just like any other company.

Now Putin arresting people who protested the War in Russia, passing a law saying that it is a crime to speak against the war that is the violation of basic rights. But I see you would rather skip over those so you can bitch about peoples freedom of speech being violated for being banned from a private company.
    You don't seem to grasp the difference between a company, like a store, which has right of admission, and what we are dealing with here.

It's not so much that I skipped them, as the fact that what you're saying has no relation with freedom of speech in my country. Russians can vote whoever they want if they don't agree on the government they have, but I never voted for anyone who would take us back to the old regime. We already had a dictatorship around here, tank you very much. Did you?

You don't seem to grasp the difference between a company, like a store, which has right of admission, and what we are dealing with here.

It's not so much that I skipped them, as the fact that what you're saying has no relation with freedom of speech in my country. Russians can vote whoever they want if they don't agree on the government they have, but I never voted for anyone who would take us back to the old regime. We already had a dictatorship around here, tank you very much. Did you?
    What do you think we are dealing with? Twitter, Facebook, All of them just like this forum are owned by private companies not the government or any thing. They are a luxury not a basic human right. No one is born with a right to Twitter, no one is promised the right to come on here and post. The people who own and run these places have every right as two who and what gets posted.

And it does have a bearing. As someone who has been falling all over them selves to talk about how Putin and his war are Okay because Ukraine is bad you are clearly a Putin fan. So I find it funny you ignore him violating peoples basic right to free speech with mass arrests during the protests and passing laws where speaking out against the war is a crime while being upset at people being banned from private own websites. Then going not my country so it doesnt matter to me. Yet you spend all of your time here spreading the lies of not your country and leader.
    Last edited by babyblob; 05-10-2022 at 01:33 PM.

What do you think we are dealing with? Twitter, Facebook, All of them just like this forum are owned by private companies not the government or any thing. They are a luxury not a basic human right. No one is born with a right to Twitter, no one is promised the right to come on here and post. The people who own and run these places have every right as two who and what gets posted.

And it does have a bearing. As someone who has been falling all over them selves to talk about how Putin and his war are Okay because Ukraine is bad you are clearly a Putin fan. So I find it funny you ignore him violating peoples basic right to free speech with mass arrests during the protests and passing laws where speaking out against the war is a crime while being upset at people being banned from private own websites. Then going not my country so it doesnt matter to me. Yet you spend all of your time here spreading the lies of not your country and leader.
    I'm looking at the UNESCO Standards of Freedom of Expression, and I don't see any right to Twitter, Facebook, or CBR on there. Freedom of the Press doesn't give them the right to throw anything they want out there as there are Libel laws, nor do they have to post every letter to the editor they receive out of obligation. That applies to every forum and social media site out there too. Freedom to Speak doesn't mean Freedom from Consequences.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/senate-passes-bill-boost-security-supreme-court-84604795

Well I guess we don't have to worry about any more peaceful protesting then.

BANNED

I already told you what we're dealing with, although it's self-evident, but if your memory is as faulty as your reasoning, there's not much point in repeating the argument, is there? As a tangential tough, I could add that no one is born with rights of any kind, they're agreed upon. Having the right to live is not the same as having a neck.

Even a broken clock gives the hour twice a day. If the war is justified, who ordered it has no bearing on that. If a serial killer had included Hitler in his victims list, would you have complained about his death, because of who it was that killed him?

I counter official propaganda, which is quite the opposite as spreading lies.

BTW, I see how you skip to share with us your personal experience on what it is to live under a dictatorship.

I already told you what we're dealing with, although it's self-evident, but if your memory is as faulty as your reasoning, there's not much point in repeating the argument, is there? As a tangential tough, I could add that no one is born with rights of any kind, they're agreed upon. Having the right to live is not the same as having a neck.

Even a broken clock gives the hour twice a day. If the war is justified, who ordered it has no bearing on that. If a serial killer had included Hitler in his victims list, would you have complained about his death, because of who it was that killed him?

I counter official propaganda, which is quite the opposite as spreading lies.

BTW, I see how you skip to share with us your personal experience on what it is to live under a dictatorship.
    Because I dont live under one yet. I never said I did. But the GOP is trying their hardest to make it one. But I will leave it to the people of Russia to tell me what it is like if they wernt scared of being arrested for speaking out that is.

BANNED

Because I dont live under one yet. I never said I did. But the GOP is trying their hardest to make it one. But I will leave it to the people of Russia to tell me what it is like if they wernt scared of being arrested for speaking out that is.
    We're all headed that way, at it's not just the GOP's doing. The first clear indication of the US following that path, was the '44 Democratic Convention for vice-president (yes, I believe Oliver Stone's lies too).

We're all headed that way, at it's not just the GOP's doing. The first clear indication of the US following that path, was the '44 Democratic Convention for vice-president (yes, I believe Oliver Stone's lies too).
    I have never seen an Oliver Stone Movie so I have no idea what you are talking about.