Page 30 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440801305301030 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I know right now it's easy to say "I hope (blank) catches the covid," but be advised that I got a one week ban for saying something like that on this thread once and am now on my "last chance". The mods don't like it, and there be snitches.
    I know I had done that. But having caught the damn bug, I can honestly say I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    Even with that. At this point people's opinions of her are baked in. She is either lying about what happend to her, or stupid. She keeps adding or changing details. It would be one thing if it had happend once in a "I was too scared to come out with the whole truth" way. But it keeps happening. And it also happend with some of her earlier corroborators.

Honestly if, for instance, she didn't tell her brother the whole story. And so her brother's earlier recollection of what she told him doesn't match her full story. Fine. It is depressingly normal for victims to not open up fully to friends and familly. But to have him amend his statement after the fact just makes him look coached.

Her weird back in forth with the New York times and Vox. Like girl...you had these fairly credible sources take your story and present it to the world. And then those journos had to call you back to ask why your changed? Are you really gonna get into it with the AP just because you changed your story about if you filed a complaint or not? Maybe keep track of the stories you tell before just changing things?
    Yes. Taken individually, I would absolutely believe her, but all of the myriad inconsistencies in her story add up to it being very suspect.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    3. An idiot who thinks this will get Bernie elected....somehow
    I'm going with this option, with a twist. Like many of his #neverbiden supporters, she is hoping that Trump will win so as to teach Democrats a lesson for not choosing (or the DNC for 'rigging' the Primary against) Sanders as their nominee. Because being 'right' is vastly more important than the millions who will be screwed by another Trump term!
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    I'm going with this option, with a twist. Like many of his #neverbiden supporters, she is hoping that Trump will win so as to teach Democrats a lesson for not choosing (or the DNC for 'rigging' the Primary against) Sanders as their nominee. Because being 'right' is vastly more important than the millions who will be screwed by another Trump term!
    The weird love of putin throws that into contention though

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I know I had done that. But having caught the damn bug, I can honestly say I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy now.
    Hope you'll be feeling better soon.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Yes. Taken individually, I would absolutely believe her, but all of the myriad inconsistencies in her story add up to it being very suspect.
    According to California court records, Tara Reade was charged with misdemeanor check fraud four days before she left the then-Senator Biden's office in the summer of 1993.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The horror stories about people put on ventilators after contracting coronavirus are no joke. Hope you’re feeling better.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Oh, dang. I wish you well and hope you get over it soon.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    The weird love of putin throws that into contention though
    It is rather weird. Strong sexual attraction can heavily alter your perception of an individual, however. I've seen many people dismiss allegations against their celebrity crushes for possibly a multitude of reasons.

There are also some on the far left who, while not openly supporting Russia, have dismissed their interference in the 2016 Elections as tit for tat, and something we deserved because of our interference in the Elections of various other countries. Add to this that I witnessed many on the far left getting a significant amount of their news from RT (which some have dubbed Russia Television), particularly in the lead up to and just after the 2016 Elections (they seem to appeal more to right wingers, now), I'm inclined to believe that many on the far left don't exactly hate Russia! Sanders honeymooned there. Jill Stein was eager to kiss Putin's feet at a gala dinner in 2015 and has regularly appeared on RT.

Russia to me is a mixed bag.

On the onehand, America did indeed **** all over the free Russia as soon as it arrived, also influencing its politics. Politically tit-for-tat is indeed fair, however being so brazen about it is the issue.

The current Russian regime is rotten to the core but the people dont care because their kept reasonably secure and content in their own way with only certain things causing unrest. The infrequent murders also help curtail any dissent.

Live and Let Die, Trump-Style

“Trump is like a vampire!” Axelrod told me, adding a salty expletive. “You’ve got to drive a stake right through his heart. He’s going to keep coming. There’s nothing he won’t do. Even in this environment, you can’t count on him losing.”
    Now the monstrous virus has invaded the Oval Office. Both the president’s valet and a Pence staffer, Katie Miller, the wife of the racist Stephen Miller, who looks like he hasn’t seen daylight in decades, have succumbed. Yet just a few days ago Axios reported that the president and some top aides were questioning the high death toll.
    Trump has been leaning into his son-in-law, the pallid nonentity. Jared is like Renfield, the “zoophagous maniac” in Bram Stoker’s “Dracula” who eats flies and death’s head moths and does the vampire king’s bidding.
    ------

Jared Kushner, Our First Android Vampire President
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

In 2015, 2016, 2017, as well as 2018, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” presented profiles of North Carolina State Senator Wyatt “Tommy” Tucker, who was first elected to office back in 2010, in the Tea Party Wave. Tucker, as seen in his profile picture, gained notoriety in April of 2013, when he suggested print reporters should be banned from the legislature, and that its business should only be reported on the internet. After much arguing from the actual reporters in the chamber, Tucker advanced the legislation out of committee by a verbal vote, that Democrats argued was not the actual 6-5 win Tucker claimed it was. He refused to conduct a simple hand count vote, and tried to leave the chamber, telling a reporter, "I am the Senator. You are a citizen. You need to be quiet." As shocking of an attempt to restrict the freedom of the press as this was, Tucker also tried arguing against paying victims of North Carolina's eugenics program that was conducted from 1933 to 1974, trying to pass of the settlements onto individual counties, and not the state. He has voted for North Carolina's attempt to amend their constitution to ban same sex marriage, to ban climatologists from studying rising sea levels along the state coasts, for stricter Voter ID measures to disenfranchise hundreds of thousands of citizens from their right to vote, supported North Carolina Republicans efforts to block the Medicaid Expansion in the state, voted for the "motorcycle safety law" in the state that through amendments by Republicans, became one of the most restrictive anti-abortion laws around the country, and of course, he voted for the disastrous anti-gay law HB 2, that saw North Carolina face a boycott from several industries, musicians performing concerts, and sports league events that amounted to almost a billion dollars of lost revenue. Tucker drew some heat in North Carolina in the summer of 2016, as well, for sponsoring a bill in the North Carolina State Senate that would lead to 7 acres of land from the city of Marvin to be placed under the jurisdiction of the county… specifically so a developer could buy it up for his own purposes, and much to the chagrin of the people of Marvin, as well as commentators who feared the practice could become commonplace. Rather than face the Blue Wave in 2018, Tommy Tucker has decided to call it quits and leave office after four terms doing his part to make the Tar Heel State a national embarrassment.

Karl Oliver
    On this date one year ago, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” profiled Karl Oliver, a member of the Mississippi House of Representatives from District 46 who was elected to his first term in office back in 2015. Oliver made national news in March of 2017 when he got his knickers in a twist as the city of New Orleands tore down several of its Confederate monuments, and compared people who wanted iconography that honors a rebellion against the federal government fought over slavery to Nazis, before calling for those who remove the Confederae monuments to be, “LYNCHED”:

Make no mistake, this is beyond f***ed up if it was said anywhere, but particularly in Money, Mississippi, which Karl Oliver represents, because it’s the same place where Emmett Till was lynched for whistling at a white woman (who admitted on her deathbed he actually didn’t) in 1955. Calls for Oliver to resign came from within the legislature, and without, and even sparked an FBI investigation.

We’ll add as well that Karl Oliver is quite the extremist, supporting some of the most hardline conservative bills in the Mississippi state legislaure, including one to bring back the electric chair and firing squads as a means of execution (go figure he guy who called for people to be lynched likes all sorts of barbaric execution methods), anti-choice fetal heartbeat legislation that would ban abortion as early as six weeks, effectively (before many women realize they are even pregnant), is so “pro-life” that he’s also trying to widen the amount of exceptions available for vaccinations, voted for legislation to ignore federal firearms laws, as well as to legalize the carrying of firearms in churches.

Alas, Karl Oliver ignored all calls to resign, and we are sad to report that nobody filed to run against him by the deadline of March 1st, 2019. Thus, Oliver will remain in office until 2023 with an outlook on race relations that we should have left back in 1865, if not earlier. And don’t think the rest of the Mississippi GOP are holding him accountable… they actually elevated him to be the chairman of the Mississippi state House’s Appropriations Committee.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    In 2015, 2016, 2017, as well as 2018, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” presented profiles of North Carolina State Senator Wyatt “Tommy” Tucker, who was first elected to office back in 2010, in the Tea Party Wave. Tucker, as seen in his profile picture, gained notoriety in April of 2013, when he suggested print reporters should be banned from the legislature, and that its business should only be reported on the internet. After much arguing from the actual reporters in the chamber, Tucker advanced the legislation out of committee by a verbal vote, that Democrats argued was not the actual 6-5 win Tucker claimed it was. He refused to conduct a simple hand count vote, and tried to leave the chamber, telling a reporter, "I am the Senator. You are a citizen. You need to be quiet." As shocking of an attempt to restrict the freedom of the press as this was, Tucker also tried arguing against paying victims of North Carolina's eugenics program that was conducted from 1933 to 1974, trying to pass of the settlements onto individual counties, and not the state. He has voted for North Carolina's attempt to amend their constitution to ban same sex marriage, to ban climatologists from studying rising sea levels along the state coasts, for stricter Voter ID measures to disenfranchise hundreds of thousands of citizens from their right to vote, supported North Carolina Republicans efforts to block the Medicaid Expansion in the state, voted for the "motorcycle safety law" in the state that through amendments by Republicans, became one of the most restrictive anti-abortion laws around the country, and of course, he voted for the disastrous anti-gay law HB 2, that saw North Carolina face a boycott from several industries, musicians performing concerts, and sports league events that amounted to almost a billion dollars of lost revenue. Tucker drew some heat in North Carolina in the summer of 2016, as well, for sponsoring a bill in the North Carolina State Senate that would lead to 7 acres of land from the city of Marvin to be placed under the jurisdiction of the county… specifically so a developer could buy it up for his own purposes, and much to the chagrin of the people of Marvin, as well as commentators who feared the practice could become commonplace. Rather than face the Blue Wave in 2018, Tommy Tucker has decided to call it quits and leave office after four terms doing his part to make the Tar Heel State a national embarrassment.

Karl Oliver
    On this date one year ago, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” profiled Karl Oliver, a member of the Mississippi House of Representatives from District 46 who was elected to his first term in office back in 2015. Oliver made national news in March of 2017 when he got his knickers in a twist as the city of New Orleands tore down several of its Confederate monuments, and compared people who wanted iconography that honors a rebellion against the federal government fought over slavery to Nazis, before calling for those who remove the Confederae monuments to be, “LYNCHED”:

Make no mistake, this is beyond f***ed up if it was said anywhere, but particularly in Money, Mississippi, which Karl Oliver represents, because it’s the same place where Emmett Till was lynched for whistling at a white woman (who admitted on her deathbed he actually didn’t) in 1955. Calls for Oliver to resign came from within the legislature, and without, and even sparked an FBI investigation.

We’ll add as well that Karl Oliver is quite the extremist, supporting some of the most hardline conservative bills in the Mississippi state legislaure, including one to bring back the electric chair and firing squads as a means of execution (go figure he guy who called for people to be lynched likes all sorts of barbaric execution methods), anti-choice fetal heartbeat legislation that would ban abortion as early as six weeks, effectively (before many women realize they are even pregnant), is so “pro-life” that he’s also trying to widen the amount of exceptions available for vaccinations, voted for legislation to ignore federal firearms laws, as well as to legalize the carrying of firearms in churches.

Alas, Karl Oliver ignored all calls to resign, and we are sad to report that nobody filed to run against him by the deadline of March 1st, 2019. Thus, Oliver will remain in office until 2023 with an outlook on race relations that we should have left back in 1865, if not earlier. And don’t think the rest of the Mississippi GOP are holding him accountable… they actually elevated him to be the chairman of the Mississippi state House’s Appropriations Committee.
    It's amazing how these guys claim to celebrate "Southern Heritage," not racism or slavery. But what does that "Heritage" consist of? A class society where they not only enslaved Black people, but limited the rights of the few free Black people, clearly made a distinction between the Plantation owners and poor dirt farmers, and oh, let's not forget how strictly they enforced the sexism of "ladylike behavior." Yeah, some "Heritage" to revere with statues of men on horses, brandishing swords that were mostly for show.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Hope you'll be feeling better soon.
    Thank you all. Fucker got my whole family. Fortunately, my father and I are mostly over it. My mom is in the hospital on oxygen, but she's doing well and coming home in the next day or so. And our symptoms were mild, so we never had to go on ventilators.

I will say that the testing situation in this country is a joke. It took me over a week and three e-visits with a doctor to finally get permission to get tested- and by that point, I was mostly over the symptoms. Even after I tested positive, my parent's doctor refused to get them tested, despite the fact that both parents have underlying medical issues, and I was having to help my dad with my mom, who had broken her ankle and needed help going to the bathroom. It was two weeks after and two failed doctor's appointments (for my mom to get her cast off) before the orthopedic doctor finally convinced their regular doctor to allow them to get tested. And then my sister went with them to help my dad, and while her doctor told her to self-quarantine, he didn't give HER permission to get tested.

Make America great again my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    It's amazing how these guys claim to celebrate "Southern Heritage," not racism or slavery. But what does that "Heritage" consist of? A class society where they not only enslaved Black people, but limited the rights of the few free Black people, clearly made a distinction between the Plantation owners and poor dirt farmers, and oh, let's not forget how strictly they enforced the sexism of "ladylike behavior." Yeah, some "Heritage" to revere with statues of men on horses, brandishing swords that were mostly for show.
    They glorify the heritage shown in 'Gone With The Wind', not the actual reality.